Creator 3-in-1 2020

Val-E

agree with @Shortbus311 here that looks like LEGO with all those salaries couldnt come up with another idea. I will give them credit for at least knowing a good idea when they see it, and then repurposing for their own gain.   Thats just large corporation 101 folks.

Also, damn, that burger buggy!!! All sorts of goodness in that 3-1.

Edited by BricksBrotha

• 4 months later...

Wow, Creator has really been bringing it lately. I really like that we still get to see "Space" themes outside of Star Wars and the reintroduction of some classics like Pirates. I really think we are overdue for a traditional "Castle" but I think Lego might still see the licensed castles to fill that niche unfortunately. Something like the Lowenstein would be nice.

My only complaint is that we only have Pirates, i want to being back some of the blue/red coats.

• Like 2

Nice to finally see the other two builds for the Pirate Ship. Still weird that the sails are brick built but I guess it was easier than trying to incorporate sails into the other two builds?

The RV / Camper Van has returned after a year or two, to 3-in-1. I like them both (the last one and this one). But campers are becoming the new helicopters. And speaking of repetitiveness, what is with all the lighthouses lately?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Wow, Creator has really been bringing it lately. I really like that we still get to see "Space" themes outside of Star Wars and the reintroduction of some classics like Pirates. I really think we are overdue for a traditional "Castle" but I think Lego might still see the licensed castles to fill that niche unfortunately. Something like the Lowenstein would be nice.

My only complaint is that we only have Pirates, i want to being back some of the blue/red coats.

Totally agree. I'm burnt out on the licensed themes. Creator brings back the nostalgia with original LEGO creations and that memorable yellow box. I'm all in after the Pirate Roller Coaster!

If they start rolling out Castle's... 

Edited by s2k
  • Like 2

The Space rover looks suspiciously inspired by the Chariot from the new Lost In Space. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a one-off like Stranger Things.

All of the secondary builds are really clever. I really want to see the Pirate House up close and the large skull looks right up Alpinesmaps alley for his Pirate Park.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

That 3rd build of the spaced themed 3-in-1 looks like a near copy of a Star Wars ship (I forget the name of it).

Screenshot_20200423-072152_Chrome.jpg

After all these years of Novvember fan builds, LEGO threw together their very own Vic Viper as a side design. Even kind of looks like the cartoony version from Parodius.
parodius vic viper.jpg

4 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

After all these years of Novvember fan builds, LEGO threw together their very own Vic Viper as a side design. Even kind of looks like the cartoony version from Parodius.
parodius vic viper.jpg

Here's the one I was thinking of. Apparently a common space ship design to have the cockpit in the back with two cannons/ wings/ protrusions extended out front on the left and right.  Reminds me of high school electric car type designs and then just saying it can fly. 

Screenshot_20200424-080100.jpg

Edited by MusiKyle

26 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Brought back memories of old Space theme with the alternate builds on the back of the box 👍

YES! I was thinking about this yesterday when I found my original Star Wars Snowspeeder box. It was always so cool to see the remixed designs but never knowing just how exactly they were built. I remember turning the X-Wing at the time into a mech using just the parts from the set itself. Too bad I never took a picture...

• 1 month later...

Released just now over in Europe -- 31009 Creator Pirate Ship with 1264 pcs (3 figs)  AND AMAZING 3 options for different sets in one box costs 2700 CZK (little over 100 USD).. while another 60266 City Marine Ship with only 745 pieces (8 figs) is being sold for 3600 CZK (cca 140 USD).. did City become a new licensed theme? Or City mFigs are exclusive?

another illogical issue is that City ship is max 2 per person, while the 50 % larger Creator Pirate Ship can be ordered at max 5 per person.

Edited by crayxlp

1 hour ago, crayxlp said:

Released just now over in Europe -- 31009 Creator Pirate Ship with 1264 pcs (3 figs)  AND AMAZING 3 options for different sets in one box costs 2700 CZK (little over 100 USD).. while another 60266 City Marine Ship with only 745 pieces (8 figs) is being sold for 3600 CZK (cca 140 USD).. did City become a new licensed theme? Or City mFigs are exclusive?

another illogical issue is that City ship is max 2 per person, while the 50 % larger Creator Pirate Ship can be ordered at max 5 per person.

The large ships and planes from City tend to make the sets they are in cost more even though there are far fewer pieces. This seems like it has been pretty standard. 

I'll definitely be picking up that pirate ship even though it isn't a traditional LEGO ship. 

8 hours ago, crayxlp said:

Released just now over in Europe -- 31009 Creator Pirate Ship with 1264 pcs (3 figs)  AND AMAZING 3 options for different sets in one box costs 2700 CZK (little over 100 USD)..

Creator 3-in-1 Pirate Ship is already on backorder! That's really fast for a Creator 3-in-1 set! :P 

9 hours ago, BillyBricks said:

The large ships and planes from City tend to make the sets they are in cost more even though there are far fewer pieces. This seems like it has been pretty standard. 

I'll definitely be picking up that pirate ship even though it isn't a traditional LEGO ship. 

Late to the party. Is the 31109 Creator Pirate Ship dropping today at 9:00 am in the US? 

Perfect addition to the Pirate Roller Coaster and Barracuda. Trifecta!

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2020 at 9:16 AM, LegoLagoon said:

That Lunar Rover looks fun.  As does the Caravan.  Oh and the ship is cool...  DAMN YOU LEGO! 😂

Exploration ship is out of this world. Wow. It's a got a helicopter, submarine, shark tank, crane, power raft, etc. Jesus man, the fun just doesn't stop.

I rarely see City sell out and the eventual discounts might make me regret pulling the trigger this early, but I'm close, even weak looking at this thing.

• Like 1