10272 - Old Trafford - Manchester United

HandyHand

Looks good, I would of liked some minifigs at that price but I guess the scaling would be completely wrong judging on how big it is. Probably will release a series of man u figures down the line anyway. It does look a lot like a architecture set like others have said. Now has it got the potential to do well as a quick flip. 

Edited by raulaco
  • Like 1

I agree, an informational sticker and minifigs would have been really nice. This set isnt for me, but it seems others really like it.

4 hours ago, raulaco said:

Looks good, I would of liked some minifigs at that price but I guess the scaling would be completely wrong judging on how big it is. Probably will release a series of man u figures down the line anyway. It does look a lot like a architecture set like others have said. Now has it got the potential to do well as a quick flip. 

Edited by CosmicSpeed

14 hours ago, t_mafia said:

I like it. I've always liked sports related Legos. If this does well, it would be great to get a Wrigley Field or similar for us Americans

Dude, if a Lego Wrigley Field came out I think they could about name their price with me.  My luck, though, they would finally create a baseball stadium and it was be the damn Yankees or something.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 1:31 PM, Alpinemaps said:

I always thought stadiums would work best as architecture size sets, so you could have a few of your favorites sitting on a shelf (or a CEO desk)

My 10 year old loves the Packers & Lego more than almost anything else, so I got him this buildable Lambeau field this year for Xmas. He's taken on several very complex Lego builds without batting an eye, but he threw in the towel on this set very quickly. I took over the build from him and can't blame him - the instructions are at times near incomprehensible, and there is almost zero margin for error, lest you have to retrace your steps & deconstruct portions of the set to fix errors you didn't even know were there(which is it's own pain in the ass). I'm looking forward to the finished product, but it's made me realize how much I take Lego for granted :)

Image result for lego lambeau"

• Like 5

My 10 year old loves the Packers & Lego more than almost anything else, so I got him this buildable Lambeau field this year for Xmas. He's taken on several very complex Lego builds without batting an eye, but he threw in the towel on this set very quickly. I took over the build from him and can't blame him - the instructions are at times near incomprehensible, and there is almost zero margin for error, lest you have to retrace your steps & deconstruct portions of the set to fix errors you didn't even know were there(which is it's own pain in the ass). I'm looking forward to the finished product, but it's made me realize how much I take Lego for granted

4004163102_37_13_2500.jpg

Your child has good taste! I agree though, that set looks like trash. Small detail but the “G” is facing the wrong side of the field. It’s facing the visitors’ sideline, and should be facing the home sideline. Also, no tunnel in the southwest corner for the players to run out from!? Come on?! Did a Bear fan design this? Lastly, they are missing the entire upper deck in the south end zone that they added on 4-5 years ago. This model must be old. If you need some accurate photos I’ll be there in my usual seat this Sunday night for the playoff game against Seattle. GPG!
  • Like 2

Looking at other material the pitch is made up of two 8 x 16 'goal ends', a 6 x 6 centre spot and two 6 x 6 touchlines. 

Not sure why the printing in the three centre pieces has a small plain (without print) circle in the centre?

This does mean that there will be MOC's a plenty coming out for all the other stadiums around the world.

4 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Interesting gift with purchase in China...

United Trinity GWP (6322264)  George Best, Denis Law and Sir Bobby Charlton.

It doesn't surprise me that the Chinese would get a special gift - that's where the vast majority of Manchester United fans live...

Edited by Captain_chaos