10272 - Old Trafford - Manchester United

HandyHand

32 minutes ago, thebrickdad said:

Would this be inline with Lego's announcement of not doing single region only specials?

the article is only talking about stores in Germany but I assume if it's available in Germany it will be available in Europe too.

No word on online orders at the moment.

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

Update:

VIPs: Your free gift when you purchase the new and exclusive Old Trafford.*

Free LEGO® The United Trinity Statue offer is valid for VIP purchases at LEGO.com, in LEGO Stores and LEGO Catalogue telephone orders from 1/16/2020 to 1/31/2020, while stocks last. Purchase of 10272 LEGO Old Trafford - Manchester United required to qualify. Bricks & Pieces orders are not valid for this promotion. One set per household. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. If the qualifying LEGO purchase(s) is returned to us for a refund, the gift must also be returned to us together with the qualifying LEGO purchase(s). Merchandise totals calculated after VIP Point redemption; any applicable taxes, delivery charges or value of gift cards purchased do not apply to merchandise totals. It cannot be purchased, exchanged or substituted for any other item or cash value. Offers not valid at LEGOLAND® Parks, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, LEGO Certified Stores and Mobile Retail locations. The LEGO Group reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time without prior notice. VIP Membership required.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/united-trinity-statue-5006171

If this does well I'd expect to see other stadiums, since LEGO already went to the trouble of doing the custom printed pieces for the pitch. Could easily see them releasing an Anfield/Liverpool one, Man City, Arsenal, even Chelsea or Spurs, as they're the Premier League teams with the biggest followings. Plenty of other iconic stadiums worldwide as well.

Price seems a bit high though, even for fans of the team.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, binary_storm said:

If this does well I'd expect to see other stadiums, since LEGO already went to the trouble of doing the custom printed pieces for the pitch. Could easily see them releasing an Anfield/Liverpool one, Man City, Arsenal, even Chelsea or Spurs, as they're the Premier League teams with the biggest followings. Plenty of other iconic stadiums worldwide as well.

Price seems a bit high though, even for fans of the team.

I agree, but they can charge that because it’s almost 4K pieces and the licensing. Lots of little pieces in there though!

I’m surprised it’s only 22x16 or whatever the dimensions are, looks like a bigger footprint than that to me.