Toys R Us LOL high prices thread

nolanfan34

gallery_2081_28_48497.png

Remember that ridiculous price mistake? Well, take a look at it now!

gallery_2081_28_120819.png

I can't believe this crud. I mean, they didn't even bother to fix their mistake at all. All they did was cross out the older and very wrong price tag, and then replace it with their "Our Price". Can you believe this malarkey? ....I just realized how long it has been since I've used that last word. Huh....

• Like 1

Today I noticed that my TRU had a sale- "buy $20 of Lego and get a free Z-95 polybag". I grabbed a bunch of CMFs and headed for the cashier. The total did not match the sale, so I asked the cashier to check the sale price. She disappeared to check the Lego aisle. She came back a few minutes later to inform me that the sale only applied to "boxed Lego sets." What in the world!  :mad:  Nowhere on the advertisement did it have that stipulation in fine print. I hate TRU and their stupid "sales."

Guest eightbrick

There is one good thing about the higher prices.As soon as a set goes EOL and you can't find it in Target or walmart, you can always check TRU they will most likely have it.

I thought the entire reason their prices are higher is because people don't know better and will shop there for convenience. If the high prices, annoying as they are, were not working for TRU we wouldn't be seeing them. TRU rarely has EOL stuff for long, a better choice for searching for past sets are family toy stores and "under the radar stores" such as Frys in the US.

Wasn't sure where to put this clip. It is funny so it could go in the other thread, but then again it is poking fun at Toys R Us.

Ah, what the heck. (Warning, this is so not PG rated.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU-2C8Ec6co

(You may have to watch it on youtube if the embedded player won't work.)

On the topic of sales in TRU.  Here is a personal story of me trying to get some Legos at TRU.

One day I went to TRU because they had a sale on their Legos in the store. The sale was buy one get one fifty percent off. I noticed this when there was a flyer in the newspaper. So I went to TRU and went to get two big Star Wars Legos, which were the 7675 AT-TE Walker and the 7680 Twilight. When I went to the register they said that is no sale on Star Wars sets. How is this possible! :cry: On their advertisment, they said the sale was on "all" Legos, and it also said this on their website. Apparently I was wrong, so I put the two sets back on the shelfs. Buying these to sets at TRU prices was no in my budget. The BOGO, was like buying them at retail price at Target or Walmart.

The End.

• 4 months later...

I went to TRU today with my 20% coupon and I didn't find diddly. Everything was priced high or marked "hot price". TRU Hot Price is the worst oxymoron in history.... Anyway the best deal wouldve been a 9398 Crawler for $160, but I got a Batcave for 72+ tax. Below retail, but higher than Amazon had it 4 days ago (sold out now).

They had a Whitecap Bay "clearanced" for $70. Sigh.

I went to TRU today with my 20% coupon and I didn't find diddly. Everything was priced high or marked "hot price". TRU Hot Price is the worst oxymoron in history.... Anyway the best deal wouldve been a 9398 Crawler for $160, but I got a Batcave for 72+ tax. Below retail, but higher than Amazon had it 4 days ago (sold out now).

Did you scan whitecap bay? Two of us saw it for $59.98

Retail for the Batcave is $69.99 so it was a bit over. Not a bad deal because the set is growing already, but just putting it out there,

Sheesh you're right. I knew that, because $69.99 is what I paid on Amazon. And I remember thinking, "jeez it sucks it's not on sale anymore."

TRU had it marked $89.99... Did sticker shock hypnotize me? As you say, $72 is still a good price. In fact, I have another coupon and TRU has another Batcave...

This, my friends, is panic buying B)

And the Whitecap Bay scanned at $69.98. But as my day goes, maybe I had another brain fart. You can trust the scanner (not), but can you trust my flatulent mind?

• 3 weeks later...

Batcave earlier tonight for 89.99 -- They wouldn't price match toyrus.com either (69.99 there), since they don't during "Cyber Week". Funny thing is, the site won't let me do store pickup for two of these because the site says there's only one in stock, whereas I was there in person and saw FIVE on the shelves. Spoke to an assistant manager who laughed it off saying, "Sometimes they do that deliberately so you can't take advantage of the BOGO 50 OFF.

Insane. Just pure... incompetence and/or apathy, IMHO.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

A few weeks ago, I passed on buying a SHIELD Helicarrier for $379.99 at TRU.  I had found it sitting on the floor.

I was in the same TRU this weekend.  There it is.  Now it has a shelf tag and a space, and it's still sitting there.  lol

Did you have the $10 off $75 coupon???

• 5 months later...