TRU: Do you like buying sets from them? (Poll.)

Darth Lego

Hello all, I just wanted to get a general feeling on how many Brickpickers are supportive of TRU. I believe many of us don't like shopping for sets there, but some of you do. I'm on the fence about it because I've bought only once from them and it was almost a complete disaster. (The box was beat up so badly during shipping that it caused holes in the Lego box.)They refunded my money and let me keep the set. I've never bought from them again because I almost always found better deals on Amazon and I've also heard more about TRU's bad practices. (Shipping, eBay, etc.) Let me know what you guys think in the poll/comments.Thanks.

Hello all,

I just wanted to get a general feeling on how many Brickpickers are supportive of TRU. I believe many of us don't like shopping for sets there, but some of you do. I'm on the fence about it because I've bought only once from them and it was almost a complete disaster. (The box was beat up so badly during shipping that it caused holes in the Lego box.)They refunded my money and let me keep the set. I've never bought from them again because I almost always found better deals on Amazon and I've also heard more about TRU's bad practices. (Shipping, eBay, etc.) Let me know what you guys think in the poll/comments.Thanks.

My answer goes for any store really, not just TRU. "Depends".

However, because of "depends", majority of my sets won't be bought from TRU, it will be from Amazon, simply because Amazon doesn't mark up prices as much as TRU does, and because I don't pay taxes and shipping, and Amazon also likes to price-match Target, TRU, Walmart, etc.

Based on latest posts in TRU 50% BOGO thread here, it sounds like they're finally getting the "shipping" part right (people are getting sets in good quality, sets are wrapped with double bubblings, etc).. so hopefully it's not a temporary fluke on that.

for me TRU BOGO rocks..specially when you live near NYC because in NYC TRU stores they have BOGO on all sets including large sets like death star ..SSD..Tower Bridge ETC..what i have noticed that they did not hike the prices on large sets... SSD and DS were at 399$ ..Even i saw Haunted House with 169.99 and BOGO I think with BOGO and retail price at nothing else matches TRU>.. Even i was able to get some high value retired sets at BOGO from NJ/NYC stores ..Imperial shuttle and Maersk Train.

I voted "Depends" because if you can go in-store and choose the sets you want to get, AND if they have a ok BOGO sale, then I would seriously look at it.

At full price or ordering online, I would not, just because you can get your Legos shipped with more care, and/or at a better price.

I agree that buying sets in-store is better. You get to make sure the box is in the condition you want.