Shame on you!!!

Shame on you people who knowingly buy from illegal drop shippers on EBay! The reason you do it is because you know that even if you report it there is a high probability that the retailer will tell you to keep the set anyway. You are just as guilty as the person using the stolen credit card and are contributing to someones hardship. Why do I post this here and why do I know this is going on? Because I have seen it with my own eyes and some of the people that are doing this are BP members. Shame on you and don't you worry you will get yours trust me! I'm disgusted!

Shame on you people who knowingly buy from illegal drop shippers on EBay! The reason you do it is because you know that even if you report it there is a high probability that the retailer will tell you to keep the set anyway. You are just as guilty as the person using the stolen credit card and are contributing to someones hardship. Why do I post this here and why do I know this is going on? Because I have seen it with my own eyes and some of the people that are doing this are BP members. Shame on you and don't you worry you will get yours trust me! I'm disgusted!

Why the sudden outrage?

Its usually a popular set that is being sold for a super low price like let's say a modular for 100 to 130 USD and usually free shipping. When you buy the item the seller will place the order at an online retailer like Walmart or S@H using a stolen credit card. The item will be shipped directly to you from that store and will usually have an invoice with the someone else's info (the person whose credit card info was stolen) on it. The price on the invoice is usually the full retail price. Little is ever done by authorities to stop this illegal activity.

Drop-Shipping is really an ebay, Lego, & credit card issue. An ebay buyer is just purchasing what is being sold on ebay. Most of the people on this site who buy Lego actively on ebay have likely (at one time or another, whether they knew it or not) purchased drop shipments. There are many things that Lego investors do that could be called "shameful". How about buying Granny's sealed UCS Falcon that she found in the attic for $100 (shouldn't we send her a couple extra thousand?), or buying a set at the store on clearance & then flipping it online for double the price. Wouldn't it be better if we all just cancel that purchase & then inform the buyer where they can go to get a better price? (that would be very nice). I generally report the extreme listings to ebay & what do you think happens? nothing. The listing will continue & the seller will continue to list other obvious items. I know that ebay has so many listings & can't see everything that happens - but when they get reports of suggested fraud, they could easily freeze the listing (but they don't).

Drop-Shipping is really an ebay, Lego, & credit card issue. An ebay buyer is just purchasing what is being sold on ebay. Most of the people on this site who buy Lego actively on ebay have likely (at one time or another, whether they knew it or not) purchased drop shipments. There are many things that Lego investors do that could be called "shameful". How about buying Granny's sealed UCS Falcon that she found in the attic for $100 (shouldn't we send her a couple extra thousand?), or buying a set at the store on clearance & then flipping it online for double the price. Wouldn't it be better if we all just cancel that purchase & then inform the buyer where they can go to get a better price? (that would be very nice).

I generally report the extreme listings to ebay & what do you think happens? nothing. The listing will continue & the seller will continue to list other obvious items. I know that ebay has so many listings & can't see everything that happens - but when they get reports of suggested fraud, they could easily freeze the listing (but they don't).

I highly doubt that eBay cares whether people are drop shipping or not. As long as they get money and their customers are coming back again and again, they are happy.

I REALLY wish we would stop calling it drop shipping. Drop shipping is legal and a very good service that companies use to keep inventory down. What you guys call drop shipping here is actually someone buying stuff with a stolen credit card. There is NOTHING wrong with legal correct drop shipping.

I REALLY wish we would stop calling it drop shipping.

Drop shipping is legal and a very good service that companies use to keep inventory down. What you guys call drop shipping here is actually someone buying stuff with a stolen credit card. There is NOTHING wrong with legal correct drop shipping.

Exactly. No wonder so many people are confused when they hear drop shipping on EBay is illegal.

Those of us who have been around here for a while likely know what they are talking about but this site has new members added daily a lot of which probably wonder what the entire ruckus is about.

You can usually spot the "illegal" drop shippers among the legit auctions. However I have purchased some sets at really good discounts that were not drop shipped. I purchased 2 VW vans at $97 each. The seller has excellent feedback and the items arrived directly from the seller that I paid from the auction. They were not drop shipped. Now I have no idea how he can sell them that low but I'm not sure if that is even for me to worry about. If I see something illegal I stay away but if I see a good deal that all checks out to be legit then I can't pass it up since my goal is to get the set as cheap is possible. I do notice that people listing items that are obviously illegally drop shipped are getting smarter. Not all illegal ones stick out like a sore thumb like they used to. So I would imagine more and more people are going to get duped by these in the years to come.

I highly doubt that eBay cares whether people are drop shipping or not. As long as they get money and their customers are coming back again and again, they are happy. The problem is eBay needs to stop ignoring these illegal listings. They should think about the thousands of people getting these false charges on their cards...

Devils advocate again. Aren't user names "confidential" when we bid on items on Ebay? How do you know it is people registered on this site? Are we "peeping" in on people? Are we sure the "suspected" memebers of this site are intentionally doing it? Shouldn't this have been a one on one PM with the "suspected" members?

I accidentally ordered something from an illegal auction about 2 years ago (before I knew what it was). I called Ebay and Toys R Us (TRU is where it was shipped from). Ebay told me it was a Toys R Us problem and Toys R Us told me it was an Ebay problem. Say What? Way to look out for the consumer.

If you're buying any current big, exclusive sets on eBay with Buy It Now for less than retail, including shipping, they're stolen, whether they're drop shipped or not. Even if it's at retail price, the seller is only going to come out about even at best, assuming he got the set at 20-25% off, which is the best you can ever get exclusives. I think we can all agree that makes absolutely no sense. You have to remember there are many other ways to steal sets other than drop shipping. There are countless shoplifting operations around the country that solely steal massive amounts of lego in various ways and sell it on eBay. I personally think just about all *current* sets for sale on eBay are stolen (with a few exceptions based on time of year and specific sets). I would never buy a currently available set on eBay. Not only is it likely stolen, but I can always legitimately find it cheaper at some other point anyway.

Devils advocate again. Aren't user names "confidential" when we bid on items on Ebay? How do you know it is people registered on this site? Are we "peeping" in on people? Are we sure the "suspected" memebers of this site are intentionally doing it? Shouldn't this have been a one on one PM with the "suspected" members?

I accidentally ordered something from an illegal auction about 2 years ago (before I knew what it was). I called Ebay and Toys R Us (TRU is where it was shipped from). Ebay told me it was a Toys R Us problem and Toys R Us told me it was an Ebay problem. Say What? Way to look out for the consumer.

You can see the eBay names of the people who leave feedback. Some people like mentioned above use the same name for their BP account as well. There is no way on earth someone with over 1000 sets on their brickfolio and has made numerous posts in this forum bought the item an did not know.