9450 - Epic Dragon Battle

stackables

• 1 month later...

You are in Germany so check "sold listings" on eBay in Germany, I think that is the most help your going to get here, have you looked at the price guide on this site, or is that another stupid question. Where on earth can you get 2507 from? It is getting very close to full retail here in the u.k but you can still get it for under, quantities are getting fewer and fewer, could be 120 GBP by Christmas, depends how many are left out there.

What is the current status of these sets right now fellas? I can buy both of them for a bit below retail now. Should I pull the trigger? Or do these sets have less success in Europe like the Dino's?

For 2507, it's still not reached retail in the majority of cases in UK, though are 40% up in USA. Think the figures do get skewed downwards though by the sellers that have parted out the dragon from the set.

Depends how much below retail you're talking. I was buying mine at 52% off so I'm in profit regardless...

For EDB, it's discontinued in UK but was selling at big discount for a long time on Amazon, and in US it's still readily available so it's well below retail. Again it depends on the discount available to you, but will be holding it for longer.

For both, I think the bigger money for this theme is in US rather than Europe, but the shipping costs kill a lot of the profits.

For 2507, it's still not reached retail in the majority of cases in UK, though are 40% up in USA. Think the figures do get skewed downwards though by the sellers that have parted out the dragon from the set.

Depends how much below retail you're talking. I was buying mine at 52% off so I'm in profit regardless...

For EDB, it's discontinued in UK but was selling at big discount for a long time on Amazon, and in US it's still readily available so it's well below retail. Again it depends on the discount available to you, but will be holding it for longer.

For both, I think the bigger money for this theme is in US rather than Europe, but the shipping costs kill a lot of the profits.

Ninjago is not as big in the UK either.

Even in the USA, I am pretty disappointed in the 2507 fire temple. This most recent Xmas was about one year in retirement and it was selling for $199 free ship.

I am also regretting loading up on epic dragon battle sets. I wish I had bought more helms deep instead. Hopefully this will all change when the cartoon get more airtime.

Even in the USA, I am pretty disappointed in the 2507 fire temple. This most recent Xmas was about one year in retirement and it was selling for $199 free ship.

I am also regretting loading up on epic dragon battle sets. I wish I had bought more helms deep instead. Hopefully this will all change when the cartoon get more airtime.

Right now, you would be very lucky to get $199 with free shipping. There are BIN's on eBay for $175. Amazon FBA with free shipping starts at  $167. Even emazers didn't get a buyer for a $165 BIN eBay listing. He then re-listed it as an auction and ended up getting $153 with free shipping. No profit there if you paid retail.

According to the BP price guide, prices has been trending down from over $200 since last October and unit sales have dropped like a rock to below 8 a month. Hopefully this is just because of the normal spring dip. Otherwise, maybe people are getting tired of Ninjago and/or the new series is pulling people toward the newer Nindroid sets? Doesn't seem to bode well for EDB if you are looking for a quick profit after EOL.

Thanks guys for your reactions. It is very helpful. I was also waiting for an updated reaction of emazers about this subject. Cause I can agree that if you invest in Ninjago these sets are the ones to get. I will check again at lunchtime and note the exact price for those sets. I will let you guys know. Am I wrong when I say that I suspect the 2507 Fire Temple would not look bad in your own lego city? As a japanese/chinese restaurant and the dragon is there for the chinese new year's celebration?

Right now, you would be very lucky to get $199 with free shipping. There are BIN's on eBay for $175. Amazon FBA with free shipping starts at  $167. Even emazers didn't get a buyer for a $165 BIN eBay listing. He then re-listed it as an auction and ended up getting $153 with free shipping. No profit there if you paid retail.

According to the BP price guide, prices has been trending down from over $200 since last October and unit sales have dropped like a rock to below 8 a month. Hopefully this is just because of the normal spring dip. Otherwise, maybe people are getting tired of Ninjago and/or the new series is pulling people toward the newer Nindroid sets? Doesn't seem to bode well for EDB if you are looking for a quick profit after EOL.

Exactly - prices for 2507 didn't peak as high as I expected and they are falling now.  Interest in Ninjago has waned.  I am sure it will pick up once the cartoon begins to air more regularly, but it goes to show how much the interest in this theme goes through peaks and valleys.  We are in a valley now, and I am sure that valley correlates to lack of cartoon airtime.  

I am this close to selling all my EDB at cost to get cash to re-invest in something else.

interest hasn't declined in the least in my opinion. I sell the crap out of Ninjago stuff in my store.

These aren't AFOLs. This means the sets are good investments, but they are not going to peak like the modulars, etc. They explode after retirement and then hit a peak before as a toy most parents are buying for their children, they will slow down and hit a ceiling.

Doesn't mean they aren't good investments or they aren't popular. And since my store started up in Aug 13, I have sold more parted Epic Dragon Battles than any other set by far. So I am not worried in the least.

EDB jumped back up to retail in an instant when it was gone this last christmas.

• Like 1

interest hasn't declined in the least in my opinion. I sell the crap out of Ninjago stuff in my store.

These aren't AFOLs. This means the sets are good investments, but they are not going to peak like the modulars, etc. They explode after retirement and then hit a peak before as a toy most parents are buying for their children, they will slow down and hit a ceiling.

Doesn't mean they aren't good investments or they aren't popular. And since my store started up in Aug 13, I have sold more parted Epic Dragon Battles than any other set by far. So I am not worried in the least.

EDB jumped back up to retail in an instant when it was gone this last christmas.

DNIIM that is good perspective.  I started selling and parting out this set when it first came out, and I think the interest has waned a bit since then.  That was the peak of the cartoon popularity.

I have parted out a ton of ninjago.  How many emails do you get complaining that they just got a dragon and all the figs and other stuff is missing?

Because the new ninjagos "nindroids" are mechanics-looking dragons, I think that kids that didn't had the old sets and don't like the "terminator" looking of the new sets will look for the retired dragons.

Maybe the EDB 9450 has some chance to rise for 2014 Xmas after all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...