9450 - Epic Dragon Battle

stackables

Im up here in the Great White North, which makes a deal like this even more apealling. Pros: I like the feedback on Amazon. Solid fives across the board. This outsold Fire Temple by multiples on Ebay last Christmas. If this does what Fire Temple did last year price wise it should nearly double in the next 12 months. Cons: Kids set. Does it really appeal to AFOL's? There's staggering amount of product hanging around. Several walmarts with more than a dozen sets of 9450 and they are still not selling. What are you guys out there seeing? Is this a set that hangs around your walmart forever unsold. Or do Canadians have something against Ninja's, dragons and kick ass sets with huge investment potential????

Guest ph4tb0i

Im up here in the Great White North, which makes a deal like this even more apealling.

Pros:

I like the feedback on Amazon. Solid fives across the board.

This outsold Fire Temple by multiples on Ebay last Christmas. If this does what Fire Temple did last year price wise it should nearly double in the next 12 months.

Cons:

Kids set. Does it really appeal to AFOL's?

There's staggering amount of product hanging around. Several walmarts with more than a dozen sets of 9450 and they are still not selling.

What are you guys out there seeing? Is this a set that hangs around your walmart forever unsold. Or do Canadians have something against Ninja's, dragons and kick ass sets with huge investment potential????

BUY NOW THINK LATER! Besides, Walmart's return policy is pretty good. You might as well abuse it since they don't have enough people to help you find the right product... hahahaha

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/03/26/empty-shelves-plague-wal-mart-stores-in-u-s-as-employees-customers-disappear/

When in doubt buy 1. When not buy 4+. That's my motto! :D

I picked up 2 when these hit clearance about a month ago.

i am not big on ninjago either, but this set is very popular and a solid investment. however, if it was me i would buy them all and sell them this christmas season vs holding them for 2-3 years. themes like this i tend to try and flip quickly, just in case the kids who like ninjago now when it is hot don't like it anymore 2-3 years down the road after the theme has run it's course. i don't see this theme as being a popular one for afol's to be searching for that one set they didn't get when it was available years after eol. also, if they have a bunch of them ("bins full"), then maybe wait for awhile and keep an eye on them to see if they lower the price further so you can pad your bottom line even more from the get go.

Bought a couple of these at $60, and made a little money parting them out . Sold the minifigs on Ebay for about $60, and then the rest for about another $50. By the time I bought them at $60, added tax, sold them, and paid my Ebay fees I made about $20 per set. Remember, this was at $60 , not at $85. You have to also remember that to ship this boxed set from Canada to the US will cost you about $40. Shipping is much cheaper in the US than in Canada. The other option would be to sell them on Kijiji at Christmas time. Kijiji buyers tend to be quite "cheap" so if you're if into it for $95 with taxes, how much can you really sell them for?? Maybe $120?? So you made $25 per set after buying it, storing it, and having to answer calls and emails from the Kijiji buyer. If I was buying them it would have to be for long term to maybe sell on Ebay in a couple of years "if" they hit $200. Again, shipping costs in canada are a huge factor as the buyer has a set price in mind all costs factored in. At $60 yes, but at $85 I would be leary. Just my analysis

Bought a couple of these at $60, and made a little money parting them out . Sold the minifigs on Ebay for about $60, and then the rest for about another $50. By the time I bought them at $60, added tax, sold them, and paid my Ebay fees I made about $20 per set. Remember, this was at $60 , not at $85. You have to also remember that to ship this boxed set from Canada to the US will cost you about $40. Shipping is much cheaper in the US than in Canada. The other option would be to sell them on Kijiji at Christmas time. Kijiji buyers tend to be quite "cheap" so if you're if into it for $95 with taxes, how much can you really sell them for?? Maybe $120?? So you made $25 per set after buying it, storing it, and having to answer calls and emails from the Kijiji buyer.

If I was buying them it would have to be for long term to maybe sell on Ebay in a couple of years "if" they hit $200. Again, shipping costs in canada are a huge factor as the buyer has a set price in mind all costs factored in. At $60 yes, but at $85 I would be leary. Just my analysis

This. Parting out sets doesn't interest me. Nor does flipping sets for small amounts. Sitting on sets for multiple years and selling at good profit whether by ebay, kijiji, bricklink or by other means is closer to the ideal. Canada is a mixed bag when it comes to selling Lego. I've seen good sets get listed on Kijiji for above market prices dissappear in minutes, and then on the other hand I picked up a brand NIB 10195 for $200 at a farmer's market here recently. That set retailed for $349.99 up here in Canada. Dunno, either way I reckon 9450 is going to have to perform as well as Fire Temple and then some in order for me to justify backing up the truck. Bought three this afternoon, dozens left at two different locations. Gonna really have think if its worth it.

If I could buy all of them for $85 a piece I would, just check ebay on the 2505,2521 sets and these 2 are not the the $100 sets, as for the 2507 set I have 31 got them for $80 a piece. As I am glad I got them, I do have 18 Epic Dragon Battle's, this set will be done at the end of the year, and the price will climb fast just like the 2507 set, so if it was me I would go buy more. Next year at this time you will be sorry you didn't.

Guest ph4tb0i

Great white north is pretty big. Can I ask where about? I would buy a few. Thx

knorbika,

If you're in the GTA, Walmart at Cedarbrae Mall (Bellamy and Lawrence) still had a bunch left. This was as of last week though so no guarantees they're still there...

If I could buy all of them for $85 a piece I would, just check ebay on the 2505,2521 sets and these 2 are not the the $100 sets, as for the 2507 set I have 31 got them for $80 a piece. As I am glad I got them, I do have 18 Epic Dragon Battle's, this set will be done at the end of the year, and the price will climb fast just like the 2507 set, so if it was me I would go buy more. Next year at this time you will be sorry you didn't.

Thanks emazers.

Guest ph4tb0i

Bought a couple of these at $60, and made a little money parting them out . Sold the minifigs on Ebay for about $60, and then the rest for about another $50. By the time I bought them at $60, added tax, sold them, and paid my Ebay fees I made about $20 per set. Remember, this was at $60 , not at $85. You have to also remember that to ship this boxed set from Canada to the US will cost you about $40. Shipping is much cheaper in the US than in Canada. The other option would be to sell them on Kijiji at Christmas time. Kijiji buyers tend to be quite "cheap" so if you're if into it for $95 with taxes, how much can you really sell them for?? Maybe $120?? So you made $25 per set after buying it, storing it, and having to answer calls and emails from the Kijiji buyer.

If I was buying them it would have to be for long term to maybe sell on Ebay in a couple of years "if" they hit $200. Again, shipping costs in canada are a huge factor as the buyer has a set price in mind all costs factored in. At $60 yes, but at $85 I would be leary. Just my analysis

Assuming the "average Canadian" ships by Canada Post and doesn't find alternatives to have USPS ship it... ;)