3187 - Butterfly Beauty Shop

mahler24

Thanks that is more than I can pay. I thought I would just ask. but I understand if you can make and only payed what they were it gives you more $$ to get other sets. I dont know why she just loves this set. I think it is the makeup and little things that come with it. I do have to say it is a cute set. fun for kids to play with. thanks again.

Nice thought, but I can't see why investors would choose to lose out on a money-making opportunity to make your daughter happy instead?  I bought a Beauty Shop recently off ebay for about 30% above RRP for my daughter and have been stocking up on the other sets that are due to disappear soon so I can avoid paying over RRP again.

What will you do when she really wants something else beyond your budget?

I understand that there are investors who have them for that reason :) and I am ok with that I really am. I just thought I would ask incase someone who had one that was not a investor would want to. if she wants something else beyond my budget it will be like this set and I will just look incase I run across one and if not then she just wont  have it and she is ok with that.  I guess I should have not ask and I am sorry. I am new to the site and to the lego friends and did not realize this was a place for investors I am really sorry if I upset any one for asking. 

I understand that there are investors who have them for that reason :) and I am ok with that I really am. I just thought I would ask incase someone who had one that was not a investor would want to. if she wants something else beyond my budget it will be like this set and I will just look incase I run across one and if not then she just wont  have it and she is ok with that.  I guess I should have not ask and I am sorry. I am new to the site and to the lego friends and did not realize this was a place for investors I am really sorry if I upset any one for asking. 

Hey nothing wrong with asking! Maybe you can offer a trade for it too. Best of luck.

I did not think you offended anyone by asking.  However, this forum is not the best place to find bargain on retired sets, especially one with 99% CAGR :D

kit - no worries on the post.  Like many savvy deal hunters on this site know, it never hurts to ask!

That said, I would definitely learn from the performance of the Butterfly Shop set and stockpile a few different Lego Friends sets when you see them on clearance or discount.  I have a feeling many of the "first run" sets will be highly sought after once they retire.  Olivia's House is available on Amazon now for $60, and it has dropped to $55 once or twice.  I've done this for my daughter (she's three now) and have a few in reserve...

Good luck, and don't be a stranger to the site!

I have been keeping an eye on Olivia' s house. She like's that set also. I cant really say there is one she has not said she did not like lol. I have not seen any on clearance. they might have been all gone. we just start getting in to these for about two weeks now :). I have been looking at the riding camp set but have not broke down for it yet. it seem's to be a big set so I am guessing that is why it is so much more. I am hoping after Christmas to get some sets on clearance or discount price.