'huge' toys-r-us sale this week (starting Feb 24)

jaisonline

I tried to go my local store and get the online price along with the $20 off $75 purchase and the lady working the customer service desk who was very nice tried but said the computer wouldn't let her. I even pushed the matter some but she said when she price matches the online price, she wasn't able to apply any other discount. Oh well.

i don't understand how TRU is still operating with 19% of US toy sales. Now, I did like Babies R Us for most things when we were expecting. http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012-09-12/industries/33782622_1_tablet-war-chief-executive-jerry-storch-big-box One would think the company would price and behave better with competition from Walmart, Amazon, etc... Maybe they need even more competition.

I decided to go by the local TRU at lunch today and just check it out. They had two 10212 Imperial Shuttle's on the shelf! Regular MSRP too. I guess I figured they would have their regular mark-up. Plus I got the $20 off sale price. So not a bad lunch trip today!

Would you share where you find the IS?

I just returned from TRU. They gave me the on-line price sale of $99 for Vampyre Castle plus $20 off. (reg. $109) She had to check their computer as she said some items are only on-line. I don't understand why some TRU's say no problem and others won't give you the on-line sale price in the store.