Galaxy Squad - general discussion

terrymc4677

Not sure about investment but my boys love Galaxy Squad. I picked them up when they were 50% off at Target + 20% off (black friday coupon). The Hive crawler is very cool. First I thought it was ugly, but after my younger son built it and moved it around, I found it very neat the way it moves. My sons love all the galaxy squad sets I got from Target that they did not take them apart after they built them, which is unusual for them.

I got a Warp Stinger in a used lot I purchased a while ago.  I completed it and listed it for $22 shipped.  It sold after three days on the market (shipping was $3.38 via USPS First Class).  This is a set that retails new at $30, so I thought netting $14+ for it after fees and shipping was pretty good.

I think there are opportunitites with Galaxy Squad sets, especially with the larger "bug-like" sets (Hive Crawler, Warp Stinger, etc.).  They will sell, you just need a reasonable entry point.

I got a Warp Stinger in a used lot I purchased a while ago.  I completed it and listed it for $22 shipped.  It sold after three days on the market (shipping was $3.38 via USPS First Class).  This is a set that retails new at $30, so I thought netting $14+ for it after fees and shipping was pretty good.

I think there are opportunitites with Galaxy Squad sets, especially with the larger "bug-like" sets (Hive Crawler, Warp Stinger, etc.).  They will sell, you just need a reasonable entry point.

... like 70% off ;)

I got a Bug Obliterator for $20 and have been spot checking eBay for selling price.  As it is right now, the shipping costs would still eat most of my potential profits. :(

... like 70% off ;)

I got a Bug Obliterator for $20 and have been spot checking eBay for selling price.  As it is right now, the shipping costs would still eat most of my potential profits. :(

I agree, Darth.  I don't like most of the ship-based sets (Bug Obliterator, Vermin Vaporizer, Swarm Interceptor) for investment purposes, and I really don't like them for flipping, even at good discounts.   I do think the big bugs are unique offerings that could appeal to a wider group of secondary market buyers than traditional space AFOLs.  I will grab any Hive Crawler and Warp Stinger I can find at 35-40% off.  The Galactic Titan is a great set too, and I think it will perform well once EOL.  I sold two I got cheap for $80 shipped before the Christmas rush, and I don't see it going lower than $70 shipped on eBay.  GT will not be a blow out winner, but I bet it will hit $150 1 year after retirement.  If you can grab them for 40% off, I think you could double your money after fees and shipping down the road.

I have picked up a handful of the larger sets at half off. I have my eye on 6 galactic titans. If they will go 40-50 off i am going to buy them. I think the sets are neat. Star wars non UCS cagr sucks. So i don't buy much of that other the UCS and big (death star) etc. I like these seets and investing is not about following the herd. That can end badly. Do your research and then put your money to work. I have a small pile of misb duplo that is killing it and they are all about to retire. No one talks about duplo.

I have picked up a handful of the larger sets at half off. I have my eye on 6 galactic titans. If they will go 40-50 off i am going to buy them. I think the sets are neat. Star wars non UCS cagr sucks. So i don't buy much of that other the UCS and big (death star) etc. I like these seets and investing is not about following the herd. That can end badly. Do your research and then put your money to work. I have a small pile of misb duplo that is killing it and they are all about to retire. No one talks about duplo.

I have had good success selling duplo locally near my work on Craigslist for a year now.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I went in on some medium sets during the TRU black friday 50% off, plus other discounts I got about 70% off. So far I flipped a 70707 Mech for retail which isnt bad.

That's awesome. Nice to hear that you are making some money flipping these sets. The best discount I have seen on GS sets in my area was about 40% off.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks-

Ok, I know almost next to nothing about the Galaxy Squad sets. However, I stopped in my local TRU to check out Thursday sales and walked out with two crater creepers for $3.56 each. I got them because the brickpicker price guide said they are worth about $15 each. Am I missing something? Should I be driving back to clean out the store?

Hey folks-

Ok, I know almost next to nothing about the Galaxy Squad sets. However, I stopped in my local TRU to check out Thursday sales and walked out with two crater creepers for $3.56 each. I got them because the brickpicker price guide said they are worth about $15 each. Am I missing something? Should I be driving back to clean out the store?

I picked up several of each set during 50% off BF deal. I didn't sell a single one during Christmas. To me thats a huge indicator. I'll be returning them.

If I can get 50%+20% coupon then I'll keep some for personal collection. (boys)

Edited by pstebbing

too bad kids aren't excited about space anymore

The problem (if we exclude the hype, which does not exist with these line) is that your set (70706) is the worst set of the whole galaxy squad sets.

For what it worths, I love this theme, and could have get this set for myself many times with 50% off, but I never did... I don't like it, it does not appeal me, and it seems like I'm not the only one !

Edited by biniou

Build wise the Crater Creeper is alright but the real value is the rare translucent red windscreen piece aside from a few dark red parts and for me getting more Buggoids plus green space marines reminiscent of a certain doomed one from back in those gaming days. From a retail of $20, getting some at $4 is difficult to pass up or lose something on. I mean any less would be practically free.

• Like 1