Minecraft a good buy @ TRU?

redeemed763

My store has 12 of them in stock, should I get them today with the $20 off coupon? They are marked up to $45 so I basically be paying retail for these, are they for sure an investment winner or not? I have no interest in them for my own part but folks on here seem to go nuts over this set.

$45+$45 = $90 - $20 = $70, which is $34 per Minecraft, right on par with MSRP. Those are easy quick flips on ebay right now, I made $12 each after ALL fees, taxes, shipment costs etc, which is 34% profit on the cost - definitely not too shabby.

See if you can haggle with manager to bring the price down to $34.99 each before applying $20 discount because $34.99 is the true MSRP. TRU has a price matching policy shown on their own website.

Pounce! Even if you can't get the manager to mark it down to $34.99, he will probably give you at least $5 discount on each one, which would come out to be about $30 per Minecraft. Amazing deal for "quick-flipping" this set, even if you have to get it for $34.99. Is it $20 off each set or a total purchase?

They were a real winner before Christmas if you could get them for $35 and then sell them for $100. They're back-ordered on Lego's site right now but you can pre-order two, and it seems like TLG is ramping up production to meet the demand. The set will probably make some decent money, but you saw a mini bubble form as people speculated that the set was a micro run and Lego wouldn't make any more of them pushing the price through the roof. I probably wouldn't pay TRU's markup, but if you can get the to price match then grab them all. You could flip them for a profit, or hold them and sell later once the set truly does go EOL. I think the demand is real the price will indeed one day go back over $100. Just expect more volatility as Lego continues to churn out the sets to meet demand and temporarily drop secondary market prices. A good sign is that no retailer seems to manage to keep this set in stock for more than 10 minutes online, and they fly off the shelves at retail. That's not the work of speculators anymore, the market has cooled. There's legitimate demand for this set so when the inevitable retirement announcement is made expect the panic buying to ensue in earnest.

Pounce! Even if you can't get the manager to mark it down to $34.99, he will probably give you at least $5 discount on each one, which would come out to be about $30 per Minecraft. Amazing deal for "quick-flipping" this set, even if you have to get it for $34.99. Is it $20 off each set or a total purchase?

It looks like it is $20 off the total purchase. I might be wrong...