75021 - Republic Gunship

Darth Lego

This Summer a new SW gunship is going to be released. (Link here: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/75021_Republic_Gunship ) The new set has 141 more pieces than the 7676 and is expected to retail for $119.99. (It has a total of 1,175 pieces and comes with seven minifigures.) Does this set look good or do you think the older one is better? Thanks.

I'm honestly getting kind of sick of these reboot sets. I have all the original Gunships and this one just hurts the value. Padme may be the one figure I'm fairly interested in getting from this set. And obviously I'll buy a couple and keep them MISB, but its not as fun as just having the originals sealed.

The only people that get upset about the rehashes are the people that have the old ones........

I don't have very many old sets, but I never really get upset by Lego renewing a set, simply because it keeps those buying Lego interested in the theme. I think one of the major reasons why some Star Wars sets do so well is because Lego has supported the series for years and years. If they took there brand to a different theme, and store shelves were no longer filled with Star Wars sets, there might be a considerable drop off in the investment potential of certain sets. I don't know if this would necessarily happen, but it is a possibility.

People really like this vehicle, for whatever reason. Good news for investors, just be sure to grab these in quantity when they're on sale, but dump them within three years of EOL because you know TLG is going to release another one.

This is what I have been doing with my used sets. I sold my Sail Barge for $175, will be able to get about 2 new for that price, even if I don't think it's quite as nice as 6210, the minifigures are great, and that is what people are buying sets for it seems. I am also selling both my 7675's pretty soon because I will probably be able to turn 2 used into 3 new and keep the cycle going. If I had some 7163's or 7676's, I would do the same with them as well, though I really liked the sticker scheme with 7676, it's too bad they aren't doing the really cool squadron stickers again.

I like the look of the new one more, even though I'm super sick of remakes. It's nice how they are making all of the clone ranks except the blue one. (I can't remember the rank) Did you notice how their trying to go back to the original with Jedi Bob by putting those two SBDs in the set?

The only people that get upset about the rehashes are the people that have the old ones........

I am less concerned about the remakes when it is ships that lend themselves to having multiples -- like x-wings, ties, gunships, etc. Also, there are still -- 14 years in now -- some ships and locations yet to be made into Lego. I think that is more the reason why people tire of the rehashes...

I'm honestly getting kind of sick of these reboot sets. I have all the original Gunships and this one just hurts the value. Padme may be the one figure I'm fairly interested in getting from this set. And obviously I'll buy a couple and keep them MISB, but its not as fun as just having the originals sealed.

+100000000000000

I like the look of the new one more, even though I'm super sick of remakes. It's nice how they are making all of the clone ranks except the blue one. (I can't remember the rank) Did you notice how their trying to go back to the original with Jedi Bob by putting those two SBDs in the set?

I also like the new colors on the Ep. 2 troopers and they have very nice detail on them. I also did notice the SB droids in the set.

Here are the ranks:

Black

I am less concerned about the remakes when it is ships that lend themselves to having multiples -- like x-wings, ties, gunships, etc. Also, there are still -- 14 years in now -- some ships and locations yet to be made into Lego. I think that is more the reason why people tire of the rehashes...

'

Going to agree with you on this one, it's interesting that Lego hasn't visited a lot of ships / locations to create into sets. I'm sure it could be due to a multitude of reasons but clearly their marketing strategy of rehashing sets is working because people are buying them.

• 3 months later...

Legoboy12345678 recently review the 75021 Republic Gunship. He got it early by buying it online through a seller in Germany. The review is generally positive because of the nice exclusive minifigures, strengthened cockpit, and the increased space to put minifigures in the main passenger area. Some downsides noted in the review includes the openness of the passenger area even with the door closed due to the laser bubbles and some details on the pilot. What do you guys think of it after watching this review?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBkHnUpSyAY

Going to agree with you on this one, it's interesting that Lego hasn't visited a lot of ships / locations to create into sets. I'm sure it could be due to a multitude of reasons but clearly their marketing strategy of rehashing sets is working because people are buying them.

I've said it before, with the new movies coming out, we SHOULD see fewer remakes, since we will have 9 movies being translated into Lego, instead of just 6.  And no, I don't believe we're going to see X-Wings and Tie fighters in episode 7, although I'm sure this fact will pain the OT fans when 2015 rolls around.  Doesn't make sense when that chapter takes place 20 or 30 years past ROTJ... I will gamble that the Falcon has a 50-50 shot of showing up as some sort of cameo appearance though.