79104 - The Shellraiser Street Chase

TRU (CAN) inflated retail price at $79.99, 20% off promo should bring it down to $63 but flyer shows $43.  Price check will show $63 so unless you want to chat with manager to possibly honour lower listed price...I would suggest going to local Walmart for a price match.  Did it last night with two boxes and Walmart was fine with it. 

This is my first TMNT theme purchase...cost was reasonable and the minifigures are pretty good.  TMNT should have a decent enough fan base for investment or flip at this price north of the border.     

Guest eightbrick

I dont know if its the same in every province but in quebec if the lowest price is 43$ than they are obligated to give it to you for 43$ minus 10$ more. I will go tomorow to see if i can grab 2 at 33$

Who is they? Walmart or TRU?

You're welcome @rtisan...yeah, intro for me too with the TMNT them.  At this lower price we won't be losing money even if it flops, I think a lot of the younger kids loves TMNT and adult collectors who remember the originals.  Demand will only get higher when the movie(?) comes out. 

Hi All,

I noticed browsing through the Lego@home today that the Teenage Mutant ninja Turtles set 79104 Shellraiser Street Chase is no longer available to buy (on the UK website)

Does this mean its gone EOL already, i dont have this set yet, should I buy it now quick whilst still available on Third Party Sites?

Thoughts?

James

I saw either limited availibility or not listed on various regions of Shop-at-Home the other day and thought it was wierd, but there is no way that one set is already discontinued or going to be soon. Come on, barely around for five months? Not a chance. Unless someone can think of a set (besides The Zombies) that was only around for a few months.

I think TMNT Lego sets will sell relatively well once they're retired.  TMNT is highly collectible stuff that for the most part survived the collectible crash.  Even the MegaBloks Lego sell pretty high.  It'll probably be the ones that appeal to both Older TMNT fans and newer ones with characters that appear in both (basically the turtles, Shredder, Foot Clan).

The crappy builds in those sets are probably working against them though.  But I figure they'll get decent value.

I have to say, as a kid I loved TMNT, but the LEGO line's interpretations via the new reboot franchise really disconnect me. What I will say is the Shredder minifig is cool as hell, so I might pick one of the bikes up.

It's just not TMNT, though without that horrible 80's culture attached to it, and the accompanying nightmares of getting destroyed playing the SNES TMNT game for the 100th time.

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to buy this for my son a few weeks back at the Lego shop Manchester.

The lad who served me told me this set had been pulled as the design was faulty, so it is being revised.

So not an EOL, I think it will be back soon enough.

So far my son of 4 years loves the TMNT theme, I can see this doing well in the future.

Best set is the Lair by far.

All the forum posts and buyer comments on it say it falls apart pretty easily.  It might make the faulty ones go on sale, but why would you want them?  It also means if they are going to alter it, then the TMNT are going to be around for a while.

You would want one if the set was more rare than the replacement.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...