79003 Unexpected Gathering or 9473 Mines of Moria

From what I`ve read about investing, I`d say Bag End by far. I picked up a couple on for 20% off, and really like the set for the minifigs especially. It`s very iconic from 3/4 of the films thus far, and overall it`s just a nice looking set IMO.

While generally people are right, I would like to point something out. Sometimes non iconic stuff(named sleepers by investors) do even better. Mines of Moria was bought in low amounts until amazon brought it down which is a shame since now it will perform worse imo, but its a good thought provoking decisions. If i have to choose, I would say go for whichever you can get lowest or cheapest. Either of the sets on 30-40% below retail are winners. But for 10-22% go for Bag End it will appreciate nicer

Out of the two, I think Bag End will increase more. However *insert Boromir voice* "They have a cave troll!" If you can get the Mines set cheap enough, that set could potentially be a real winner should Lego not produce anymore sets with Trolls in them. They had a perfect opportunity when they made the Black Gate set to include a Battle Troll, and unless they revisit the fireside scene in the Hobbit, or throw one in a Minas Tirith Battle Scene, I doubt another one will come. Throw in Boromir being exclusive to this set and I believe it has sleeper written all over it. The only problem is it is a playset....

I am holding out that we will see armored trolls in the future, TLG can't keep them from us forever. If the LOTR/Hobbit themes take off well like HP did, we very likely could get what we want someday, lord knows they were/are scrambling to find more HP and star wars sets to release. If it winds up being like a POTC though, I could see a lot of these sets being sleepers when they can no longer be had.

I am holding out that we will see armored trolls in the future, TLG can't keep them from us forever. If the LOTR/Hobbit themes take off well like HP did, we very likely could get what we want someday, lord knows they were/are scrambling to find more HP and star wars sets to release. If it winds up being like a POTC though, I could see a lot of these sets being sleepers when they can no longer be had.

Exactly, but none of us know, we all are 100% we are getting 1 more wave but what after then? 3rd Hobbit movie is coming out only 6 months after this one (not 1 year) which might just not cut time for LOTR wave, and if line ends after 3rd movie ends we might just be left with those 2 waves which would suck deeply.

I hope we get 5 waves 5th being Minas Tirith (live star size and value)

• 3 weeks later...