• United Kingdom
    • Ireland
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Japan
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Antarctica

Hello! I’m new here to Brickpicker, but have been a huge fan of Legos for years now! Just a little about myself, I am a mother to 2 wonderful children, a wife, & a store manager. I enjoyed Legos as a kid, but fell in love with them when we bought our daughter her first Lego set. Now, it’s one of my family’s favorite hobbies! As much fun as we have buying new sets to build, we have found we have a lot more fun just buying a bulk of Legos and having contests of who can build the best & most creative buildings. After buying multiple bulk Lego sets, we now have a pretty impressive Lego minifigure collection of almost 1000! Of course I let my kids keep their favorite ones, but I’ve decided to start selling the rest of them. While doing research of finding the best ways & places to sell them I have found out just how huge the Lego community is, this is how I found myself on Brickpicker. If anyone has any advice, I would love to hear from you! Thanks!! 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, LegoLady8517 said:

Hello! I’m new here to Brickpicker, but have been a huge fan of Legos for years now! Just a little about myself, I am a mother to 2 wonderful children, a wife, & a store manager. I enjoyed Legos as a kid, but fell in love with them when we bought our daughter her first Lego set. Now, it’s one of my family’s favorite hobbies! As much fun as we have buying new sets to build, we have found we have a lot more fun just buying a bulk of Legos and having contests of who can build the best & most creative buildings. After buying multiple bulk Lego sets, we now have a pretty impressive Lego minifigure collection of almost 1000! Of course I let my kids keep their favorite ones, but I’ve decided to start selling the rest of them. While doing research of finding the best ways & places to sell them I have found out just how huge the Lego community is, this is how I found myself on Brickpicker. If anyone has any advice, I would love to hear from you! Thanks!! 

Welcome - Sounds great.

Do you have an ebay account? That would be a good place to start.

What type of minifigs (themes) are you looming to sell?

45 minutes ago, KShine said:

Welcome - Sounds great.

Do you have an ebay account? That would be a good place to start.

What type of minifigs (themes) are you looming to sell?

Yes, I created an eBay account recently.
I have minifigs from Star Wars, Disney/Marvel, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Ninjago, Super Heroes, Jurassic World, Spongebob, Minecraft, Friends, Legends of Chima, knights, police officers, firefighters, space, race car drivers, pirates, ninjas, farmers, coast guards, construction workers. Pretty much everything you can think of, from vintage to modern, I have a decent size set of. I would say my biggest set of a few hundred is from Star Wars.

I want to divide each category up into smaller sets but don’t know exactly how I should do that. What do you think would attract buyers the most? If I separated them by the specific movies, years, or types of characters. 

25 minutes ago, LegoLady8517 said:

Yes, I created an eBay account recently.
I have minifigs from Star Wars, Disney/Marvel, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Ninjago, Super Heroes, Jurassic World, Spongebob, Minecraft, Friends, Legends of Chima, knights, police officers, firefighters, space, race car drivers, pirates, ninjas, farmers, coast guards, construction workers. Pretty much everything you can think of, from vintage to modern, I have a decent size set of. I would say my biggest set of a few hundred is from Star Wars.

I want to divide each category up into smaller sets but don’t know exactly how I should do that. What do you think would attract buyers the most? If I separated them by the specific movies, years, or types of characters. 

There are specific minifigs throughout the different licensed themes that are valuable by themselves.

Bricklink is a fair source to separate the valuable ones from the not so much ones. Keep in mind that the prices are much lower on bricklink that what you will get when selling on ebay.

23 minutes ago, KShine said:

There are specific minifigs throughout the different licensed themes that are valuable by themselves.

Bricklink is a fair source to separate the valuable ones from the not so much ones. Keep in mind that the prices are much lower on bricklink that what you will get when selling on ebay.

I’ve been using Brinklink to find the item number and price value of each minifig I have. So you’re saying I should be able to make more money selling them on eBay than it says their worth is on Bricklink?  

4 hours ago, LegoLady8517 said:

I’ve been using Brinklink to find the item number and price value of each minifig I have. So you’re saying I should be able to make more money selling them on eBay than it says their worth is on Bricklink?  

BL provides a great service and sets the general prices (along with all the great info); but the recently sold prices on ebay is the best current market price, IMO.

I also use Brickset to see the original retail price which is missing from BL.  I just like knowing the original prices of sets...helps me learn how much certain sets appreciate in value.

Hello. I'm new here on this Brickpicker forum and I have been a huge fan of Lego for years. I started to buy Lego Brickheadz two years ago for my leisure to build. I just bought a new set, Sesame Street in a few mins ago for a long investment. I hope that this forum will help me to learn/understand more about Lego Product Investment from your knowledge wisely.

Thank you.

47 minutes ago, tofu1080 said:

Hello. I'm new here on this Brickpicker forum and I have been a huge fan of Lego for years. I started to buy Lego Brickheadz two years ago for my leisure to build. I just bought a new set, Sesame Street in a few mins ago for a long investment. I hope that this forum will help me to learn/understand more about Lego Product Investment from your knowledge wisely.

Thank you.

Welcome...whether it's investing in 1 set or 1000 sets...this forum is very informative.  Just keep in mind it's a "Den of thieves" and any sense of honor or "code" amongst resellers are viewed as "guidelines" rather than a set rule.

That said;

image.jpeg.8ad4795f4aa7bf5f97832d9a4e6d3a2b.jpeg

54 minutes ago, tofu1080 said:

Thank you.

Welcome! That set just came out so you will have to sit on it for a while. Most try to grab sets right before they retire so they don't have to hold onto it as long to see some profit. Good luck!

36 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

Welcome! That set just came out so you will have to sit on it for a while. Most try to grab sets right before they retire so they don't have to hold onto it as long to see some profit. Good luck!

it's more a holiday QFLL (Quick flippin Low Life) where it should be OOS (out of stock)/Backorder goin into Nov...get 1.5x or more RRP (regular retail price) for it...especially local sale so no risk of getting it returned after Christmas (ebay) when its back in stock. For those that are new, the holiday "rush" is real and many resellers (like most retailers) do over half to 70% of their business.

• Like 1

Hello all, 

My name is Carwi and I'm new to Brickpickers. I've been doing Lego for a big part of my life now. Especially Star Wars Lego. It was love at first site with my first model being the classic X-Wing fighter (#7140). Now, many years later I stopped collecting for a while. Because of my kids and new livingspace unfortunally there's no room to display my my collection and it is now stored away in boxes 😢.

7140-1.png

I've been told by many people that my collection might have more value then I realize. If so I can't keep it stored away like it is now. After doing some research I've not been able to find awnsers to the questions I have, I hope Brickpicker can help me after all. 

Any tips/suggestions on how to approuch my search on Brickpicker are welcome. 

Best regards, 

Carwi

9 minutes ago, Carwi said:

Hello all, 

My name is Carwi and I'm new to Brickpickers. I've been doing Lego for a big part of my life now. Especially Star Wars Lego. It was love at first site with my first model being the classic X-Wing fighter (#7140). Now, many years later I stopped collecting for a while. Because of my kids and new livingspace unfortunally there's no room to display my my collection and it is now stored away in boxes 😢.

7140-1.png

I've been told by many people that my collection might have more value then I realize. If so I can't keep it stored away like it is now. After doing some research I've not been able to find awnsers to the questions I have, I hope Brickpicker can help me after all. 

Any tips/suggestions on how to approuch my search on Brickpicker are welcome. 

Best regards, 

Carwi

Welcome Carwi.

Im relatively new myself and dont know so much about old sets but for used sets most sell on either bricklink/ebay or local sales. You can put in the model number into ebay and filter by "sold" which should you give you a rough sense of the market. Or you can list some sets you have here and see if anyone has experience with them.

2 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Welcome Carwi.

Im relatively new myself and dont know so much about old sets but for used sets most sell on either bricklink/ebay or local sales. You can put in the model number into ebay and filter by "sold" which should you give you a rough sense of the market. Or you can list some sets you have here and see if anyone has experience with them.

Thank you. I haven't tried that yet. I'll surely have a look. 

• 3 months later...

Good Evening everyone, long time collector and seller of LEGO.  I live in Florida and do it as a hobby, have had some of the greatest sets of all time in terms of ROI (Ferris Wheel, Taj Mahal, and numerous smaller sets.)  So I know alot about the beauty of quick exponential growth through LEGO investing.  I think this is a great site to assist others in LEGO investing as we are a small enough community that we can help each other without flooding the market.  I intend to advise of when I find any set on clearance at Wal-Mart (using the paid + app now.)  Currently this is what I have found:

Harry Potter Great Hall 75954 $25 (long sold out)

Fire Dragon 71753 $25

Water Dragon 71754 $35

Batman Cowl 76182 $25

Venom 76187 $15 and $30

Scout Trooper 75305 $25

HP Forbidden Forest 75967 $13

Mario Starter Course 71360 $36 (this hasn't been at this price for a long time in my area.)

Mario Chain Chomp 71381 $8

Mario Desert Pokey 71363 $7

Mario Whomps 71364 $7

Mario Boomer Bill 71366 $10-$13

Lego Spiderman and Mysterio 76174 $17

These are the main sets, there are a few more random ones that have been store specific, but I recommend scanning all the Marios, Ninjago, Cheap Star Wars, and Harry Potter sets. 

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm Carlos, and I live in Massachusetts. I stumbled on the list of retiring sets for this year from brickfanatics, and got the itch to start buying sets as an investment. Any advice would be welcome, especially about how/where to find market/price analysis info so I can make informed decisions on what sets to buy. I heard of Keepa, but was wondering if there are other tools I could use that don't require a monthly fee.

17 hours ago, gmpirate said:

It's really easy, just follow Youtube.  Lots of info there

Yeah, I've been watching a lot of videos and reading a lot. You're right that there is lots of info out there, which has definitely given me a lot to consider. I was just wondering if there is somewhere I can go where I can get pricing history for different sets, so I can research and see what has historically done well or which sets have high demand, etc.  I know bricklink has that price guide that gives you a 6 month history, but was wondering if there was anything that goes further back.

10 hours ago, cpietri said:

Yeah, I've been watching a lot of videos and reading a lot. You're right that there is lots of info out there, which has definitely given me a lot to consider. I was just wondering if there is somewhere I can go where I can get pricing history for different sets, so I can research and see what has historically done well or which sets have high demand, etc.  I know bricklink has that price guide that gives you a 6 month history, but was wondering if there was anything that goes further back.

************** is very helpful

• 1 year later...