• United Kingdom
    • Ireland
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Japan
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Antarctica

I'm 30, new to Lego since playing with it as a kid and have just started buying couple of SW sets (aim to give them to my son when he's old enough - 1 at the moment!). Picked up 3 so far the resistance transporter and vader's tie vs a wing as they were 50% off on Lego store. Also found rey's speeder reduced at a supermarket. Hoping to get the duel on naboo, carbonate freezing chamber  and the upcoming vader transformation set. Im attracted to buying the sets that depict iconic moments from the films. 

Hello from Eugene, Oregon......new to this forum.....been a Lego fan all my life. I have started to sell some of my sets....not a collector by any means.......just selling some of my older sets and starting to focus on more display items......both star wars and "cars". Been enjoying reading all the forums, especially the collecting thread. Very interested in how people display their legos.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from Hollywood. 34 yo, lifelong Lego Maniac. Dabbled in the investment game for about 6-8 years (made some good $ off cafe corner, green grocer, factory, etc) , but I'm a collector at heart.

I still have my first and always favorite sets I got as a kid in the 80's 6085 Black Monarch's Castle & 6285 Black Barracuda pirate ship. Fun to pull these sets off the shelf to play with my nephew when he comes over.

During a recent trip to Disneyland with the whole family, I walked into the Lego store and picked up a VW van, a Tower Bridge, and have since grabbed some of the recently retired large Star Wars sets. 

I don't expect to get anywhere close to the 7-10x investment with other sets as I got on the cafe corner, but I'm here to have some fun and learn about the market and periodically pick up the big sets that catch my eye and see what happens. 

Really kicking myself that I left my Taj Mahal with an ex-gf back in 08. But hey, live and learn.

Noob question. Does anyone have any tips for long term storage of heavy sealed Lego boxes? I assume it's like collecting wine: lay it on its side and every few months flip it over.

I've thought of plastic storage tubs to avoid dust and any bugs/rodents that might find a nice place to build a nest. Even considered vacuum sealing each box.

If there's a better thread for this I'll take it over there. Thx!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, 35-y/o non-spammer, non-jerk, non-bot from the beautiful Pacific NW here. Lego was an important part of my childhood. Now I have two kids, and the older one of them is just really getting into Lego. I was considering just buying an extra box of whatever he gets for birthdays, Christmas, etc., but that's probably a terrible investment strategy, so I signed up here.

• Like 1

Hello!
Thanks for the invite! New member who enjoys Lego. Live in Northern California. Love collecting lego mini figures!!! Used to play with lego as a kid. One day, a co-worker cluttered his desk with a bunch of mini figures and l've been hooked ever since!!!

• 1 month later...

Greetings from Central Florida!

I am not a bot, though I was tempted to type "I am Groot" in paragraph form as an introduction.

Yes, nerd girl here!

Just found this site today, and signed myself right up.  Grew up in the 80s playing with Lego, though I have to admit I didn't get back into it until 2011.  The many things Lego can be turned into, from buildings to birds and beyond, just blows my mind.  (And that was a lotta Bs in one sentence.  ^^)  Glad to be here, and have the chance to chat with other Lego fans.

And for the record, I am an unabashed fan of the Elves sets.  Wish they had those sets when I was growing up!

• Like 2

On 7/5/2017 at 7:07 PM, Geminidragon76 said:

Greetings from Central Florida!

I am not a bot, though I was tempted to type "I am Groot" in paragraph form as an introduction.

Yes, nerd girl here!

Just found this site today, and signed myself right up.  Grew up in the 80s playing with Lego, though I have to admit I didn't get back into it until 2011.  The many things Lego can be turned into, from buildings to birds and beyond, just blows my mind.  (And that was a lotta Bs in one sentence.  ^^)  Glad to be here, and have the chance to chat with other Lego fans.

And for the record, I am an unabashed fan of the Elves sets.  Wish they had those sets when I was growing up!

Welcome!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, happy to be here. I have 2 sons, the oldest loved Cuomo the last few years and getting into Legos since last fall.  I played with Legos as a kid and my parents kept my sets from the 80's so my son and I have had fun building sets from 30 years ago along with a few new sets he has got as gifts. Town/City sets have always been my favorite  We picked up 100 pounds of used legos, mostly City and Star Wars, this weekend and it has been exciting to see what the sets are worth.  Previous owners had most books which I am looking up here now.  I'm also trying to figure out how to sort and organize 100 lbs of Legos.  Any advice?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just joined. I'm from Singapore.
Lego was part of my life when I was a kid... I still remember I would keep rebuilding this space ship with my younger brother.
I hope those bricks are still somewhere in the storeroom in my mom's place.
Along the way, I played with Lego again when Shell was giving sports car Lego polybag when I purchase their higher grade petrol at a certain price.
Earlier this year, a friend gave me the Disco Batman/Tears of Batman polybag.
Just recently bought the Lego BB8 set at the Force Friday 2 midnight event... My very first "big" ticket item.
And that afternoon, came across a Lego shop who was having a sale and bought the 75150 Phantom at a discounted price.
Now I'm here... I think my wallet is gonna get very much lighter very much easier...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, 

29yrs from Chicago.  Loved lego since my younger years lol. Stopped building and now with kids of my own I've bought them lego but recently the spark ignited again for myself and I've begun to by myself some sets as well. So far just been buying the lego batman movie sets because I'm also a batman fan so nice combination. Been enjoying building again and also playing with my kids.