• Ireland
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Japan
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Antarctica

• 1 month later...

Hello all - my wife falling pregnant a year ago reignited my inner lego spark, having been obsessed as a child. My big box of bits was tipped out and over some months the pieces put back together to make most of the sets I could remember using online instructions (boxes and paper instructions long gone!). Research led me here, and to brickowl where I got missing parts. One thing has led to another, and now I have been buying and flipping sets for a couple of months, with the initial intention to supplement my own now growing collection of new sets. Over the last few weeks it has picked up a fair pace. Thank you for the help so far and for helping to bring back the AFOL in me. The baby was born a girl, which has led to some diversification! :)

Edited by Gary81
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Sweetsrgood4u said:

Hi everyone. 33 year old female from the UK. I've recently rediscovered Lego after finding some of my old Lego paradisa in the loft at my parents. I'm currently building Ninjago City and enjoying it so much. Anyone got any recommendations for other sets I should try? :-)

Welcome...Try the sets from Ideas theme.  Nice variety.  Unique.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey All,

I grew up on Lego and have always loved the brand, along with other great brands that were popular in the 1980's such as Transformers, GI Joe, and Star Wars.  After experimenting with different toy brands, my boys keep coming back to Lego, which is great!  It's been fun to share our love of Lego together.  This is a great website! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 80s_Kid said:

Hey All,

I grew up on Lego and have always loved the brand, along with other great brands that were popular in the 1980's such as Transformers, GI Joe, and Star Wars.  After experimenting with different toy brands, my boys keep coming back to Lego, which is great!  It's been fun to share our love of Lego together.  This is a great website! 

Welcome aboard. I think the majority of us can relate to your post since a lot of us grew up in the 80s as well. There are a few different threads in the forums discussing other toy lines besides Lego. Be sure to check them out when you have time.

7 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Welcome aboard. I think the majority of us can relate to your post since a lot of us grew up in the 80s as well. There are a few different threads in the forums discussing other toy lines besides Lego. Be sure to check them out when you have time.

Thanks, will do!  I rarely have as much time as I would like to devote to hobbies, but I've been able to do lego activities with my boys more often in the last year or so.  My wife enjoys it as well.  Here is a picture of our boys, plus a friend (in the stormtrooper helmet) with Lego designer Michael Knap from San Diego comic-con the other week. 

SDCC w Designer.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Great forum, been trolling for a few months, finally getting around to contributing some pricing info. Costco.ca has Millenium Falcon UCS for $749!!   As well as Detective Office for $149.

Anyways, I primarily collect Star Wars UCS, my grail is the SSD.  One day I will obtain it.

I like to buy the odd set that I think is discontinuing to try and flip and make a small profit.   So far I've been successful but I'm not talking about massive quantities, I'm talking 1 lol.

It's nice to be able to afford these items, relive my childhood and obtain the things I never could.   Now I need to jump off the ledge and actually build them!  LOL. Ripping the seal will be the hardest part.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm a 26 years old, Autistic female, and from the UK. I recently discovered an interest in Lego I never did any as a kid and am a complete beginner.I have an interest in Animals so out of curiousity for Lego ,bought the Year Of the Dog Lego  to start within the Lego UK store sale as the first one I  built and found it very relaxing.

So far picked up small sets to start with(as my coordination ain't the best) so far bought :Year Of the Rooster set , from the Star Wars and Jurassic World sets,  and two of the animal based creator lines.

Other than the Year Of The Dog so far have done the Angler Fish,Shark and Squid from the  Creators Deep Sea  Creatures set with the Squid being done today. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,from north Wa state.  Found BrickPicker few months ago after realizing i needed to catalog my lifelong lego collection better. surprised to see the value of some of my older sets:) I'm not usually posting much on forums but the great folks on here share some good info so I'll share what I can too!  Thanks to members from all over the globe for your insight.  And to the creators of this BrickPicker community!!! 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...