79004 - Barrel Escape

20 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

I'd put this one right below orc forge and funhouse.

Funhouse and Orc forge were much more hyped though.

I wasted so much money on those sets (was in my early days of investing). That money could have been better spent elsewhere (like buying low interest US Saving Bonds).  My profits were small but was happy enough to unload my lot of these.

• Like 1

I think this does have some things going for it though.  The dwarves that come in the set are needed if you want all 13, however the set itself is nothing spectacular.  I'd think it would be a good set to part out though.  The dwarves alone are going to be more valuable as time goes on.   Plus, some unique parts in here, like the barrels.  It would also be good to have some of these if you want to build tan colored modular buildings, so that's a market this set could be aimed at.

1 hour ago, jaisonline said:

I wasted so much money on those sets (was in my early days of investing). That money could have been better spent elsewhere (like buying low interest US Saving Bonds).  My profits were small but was happy enough to unload my lot of these.

Orc Forge is really the best performer so far out of the 3.  Comparably for profit potential, if you bought Barrel Escape for 20'ish, it's performing about the same as Orc Forge from a percentage basis.  There's still 60% profit to be made there, which isn't bad really.  If you didn't unload too early. ;)

These were the first sets I bought too... I saw them on sale randomly in store at TRU, so I snagged three. Shortly thereafter I saw that I just missed buying them dirt cheap on TRU's website blowout. Tried to forget all about them (in fact they're buried in my stash somewhere with my unexpected gathering sets...)

Orc Forge is really the best performer so far out of the 3.  Comparably for profit potential, if you bought Barrel Escape for 20'ish, it's performing about the same as Orc Forge from a percentage basis.  There's still 60% profit to be made there, which isn't bad really.  If you didn't unload too early.

True. I'm going by MSRP though. Not very good investments.