First wave of SW Planet Series

Now that the Planet Series 1 is officially retired, what are you guys expecting to see for growth? I think they can climb to $20 ea buy June. With the Death Star carrying a set if them to $65/set. I'll be watching closely to see if rest of line is worth the investment. Regards, Cody

Alltogther and by this summer, atleast 2x retail.

After that I see them going even higher, especially the "******-1 Starfighter/Naboo" set.

I don't want to give away too much at the moment and spoil the surprise....

I have a guess on what you may be talking about... but I won't spoil the surprise either. (:

"Loose lips sink ships." (:Isn't that like "loose planks and not enough tar on the cracks sink ships"?? or maybe even a cannon ball!! or a rock that is too close to the surface, and we can not forget the ice burg, that which sunk the most famous of ships... sorry got a little sidetracked! :P

I think people might believe they will sink in price because while Lego has EOL them they are still floating around there in particular TRU. They can't seem to get rid of them fast enough and have discounted them on multiple occasions. I wonder still how popular they are with actual children. I know there are a lot of AFOL's that don't care for them, but they aren't the majority of buyers either.

I think people might believe they will sink in price because while Lego has EOL them they are still floating around there in particular TRU. They can't seem to get rid of them fast enough and have discounted them on multiple occasions. I wonder still how popular they are with actual children. I know there are a lot of AFOL's that don't care for them, but they aren't the majority of buyers either.

That's probably true. Its a weird product. I think clearly TLG produced these with AFOLs in mind. I mean the set really has no playability for a child. If anyone hasn't seen the "plaques" that come with these sets, they really are well done. And clearly they are designed for an adult to display.

But on the other hand, if they weren't profitable, I'm not sure they would be releasing series 3 & 4.

Maybe they will produce fewer sets for series 3 & 4 as they hone in on how many they are actually selling?

I think Death Star will do well. Everything else will be meh... I mean noone will want to pay 20$ for army building any of these, for display 1 is enough, so what to do? I have 1 Death Star hoping to get double out (aiming to sell as soon as it hits 25$ and I think I will get series 4 snowspeeder for myself Cos i really like the looks of it and that is about the end of deal with my planetary series.

While I think the Death Star is the crown jewel of the planet series I think for the fact that they are series people will feel compelled to complete series one. With the smaller sets since the cost to most resellers to acquire them initially was so low the return on them will be very good and buyers in the aftermarket will be willing to spend a little more on smaller sets.

While I think the Death Star is the crown jewel of the planet series I think for the fact that they are series people will feel compelled to complete series one. With the smaller sets since the cost to most resellers to acquire them initially was so low the return on them will be very good and buyers in the aftermarket will be willing to spend a little more on smaller sets.

Thing is nothing (once opened) says Series 1 on the LEGO display, so Even if you keep only 1 death star alone thats perfectly ok.

I can sooner see people wanting to have ALL empire/rebel planetary series to display X-wing A-wing B-wing Snowspeeder etc.

than go for flat series display.

"Loose lips sink ships." (:Isn't that like "loose planks and not enough tar on the cracks sink ships"?? or maybe even a cannon ball!! or a rock that is too close to the surface, and we can not forget the ice burg, that which sunk the most famous of ships... sorry got a little sidetracked! :P Hahaha! Don't worry about it my excitable padawan. Always in the mood for a good laugh anyway!

Anyway here's another 'teaser' for ya.

You may be surprised at the number of people and age ranges that love the Planets line!

(Even the sets you'd least expect them to.)

That is all.....for now.

Hmhmhmhahahaha BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thing is nothing (once opened) says Series 1 on the LEGO display, so Even if you keep only 1 death star alone thats perfectly ok.

I can sooner see people wanting to have ALL empire/rebel planetary series to display X-wing A-wing B-wing Snowspeeder etc.

I understand completely where you are coming from. However my opinion on the matter is both as a collector and as an investor.

I currenly own all 9 sets thus far from the planet line.

I also own 4x each of the planet series 1 & 2 MISB for investment purposes.

I'm hoping a line designed in mind to be a collection for adults, not played with by children, will draw collectors to do exactly that. Collect the entire series.

$60/year to build and display 6 sets that can break down easily if you cycle them out seems reasonable to even a casual audience.

At least I'm hoping hahaha.

I understand completely where you are coming from. However my opinion on the matter is both as a collector and as an investor.

I'm hoping a line designed in mind to be a collection for adults, not played with by children, will draw collectors to do exactly that. Collect the entire series.

$60/year to build and display 6 sets that can break down easily if you cycle them out seems reasonable to even a casual audience.

I do hope they pick up, It is just I am not too optimistic about these overall. I mean with already collectible minifigures for casual audience you must be a Star Wars fan for want these and that narrows the base alot (still a big one though)

I can see people going for these when they want whole line of starfighters but are too expensive and take too much room (you know imperial star destroyer UCS X-wing, A win) and rather display these.

I hope in the end all sets will easily sell in 2,5x retail but I just dont see those numbers happening apart from potentially Death Star.

Personally I only find Death Star, X/Y/B/ wings appealing and ofc my favorite Snowspeeder (series 4 together with Bwing and Tantive)

So If i would go in doing series I would collect only these from Rebels and leave out lame sebulba, cloud city stuff, even naboo starfighter. But that is just my logic and thinking, which is likely exactly opposite to the majority.

I do hope they pick up, It is just I am not too optimistic about these overall. I mean with already collectible minifigures for casual audience you must be a Star Wars fan for want these and that narrows the base alot (still a big one though)

I can see people going for these when they want whole line of starfighters but are too expensive and take too much room (you know imperial star destroyer UCS X-wing, A win) and rather display these.

I hope in the end all sets will easily sell in 2,5x retail but I just dont see those numbers happening apart from potentially Death Star.

Personally I only find Death Star, X/Y/B/ wings appealing and ofc my favorite Snowspeeder (series 4 together with Bwing and Tantive)

So If i would go in doing series I would collect only these from Rebels and leave out lame sebulba, cloud city stuff, even naboo starfighter. But that is just my logic and thinking, which is likely exactly opposite to the majority.

Haha I get it. Want to know what's funny?

As a collector.... I find the Death Star my least favorite. Its very blah on display with the whole set being black and gray. Honestly I wasn't crazy about sebulba at first. But he is one of only 2 charcters so far in the planet series, with everyone else being a general soldier.

Also don't miss the AT - ST or Kamino. Both are great on display and really stand out. Also Coruscant is by far the best looking planet. The gold metallic paint is awesome.

I also enjoy Coruscant and think it is an excellent addition. With everything included once this one gets discounted down to 6.00 which I would guess would happen based on previous planet experience it might be a decent way to get a clone army with everything included. I don't think of the minifigures or even the ships to be the driving force behind these being collectible. I think it is the planet themselves that will draw out the collectability of them. I don't think it's a mold that Lego will repeat and by the sounds of it be able to maintain based on the limited amount of planets currently to draw inspiration from. Needless to say, I'm passionate about my SW planet series.

"Loose lips sink ships." (:Isn't that like "loose planks and not enough tar on the cracks sink ships"?? or maybe even a cannon ball!! or a rock that is too close to the surface, and we can not forget the ice burg, that which sunk the most famous of ships... sorry got a little sidetracked! :P Hahaha! Don't worry about it my excitable padawan. Always in the mood for a good laugh anyway!

Anyway here's another 'teaser' for ya.

You may be surprised at the number of people and age ranges that love the Planets line!

(Even the sets you'd least expect them to.)

That is all.....for now.

Hmhmhmhahahaha BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ooooooo.... now you have me interested, but what the heck was that video about? #random