Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

100% goodness.  Spectacular Season finale despite flying helicopter inquisitors.  It had death, damage Maul and ample with. Great to see Vader's helmet get knocked around.  If this is the Vader we will see in Rogue One, "take my money".  

Rebels has rarely disappointed me after 2 season.  Let Dave Filoni and team helm a movie.  

Give us more Rebels Lego sets.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Also checkout...

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/03/31/star-wars-rebels-dave-filoni-on-ahsokas-fate-mauls-return-and-much-more

Mar, 30 2016

Star Wars Rebels: Dave Filoni on Ahsoka's Fate, Maul's Return and Much More

Rebels' EP on who lived, who died and how an unseen Clone Wars storyline factored in.

by Eric Goldman

Warning: Full spoilers for the Star Wars Rebels: Season 2 finale follow.

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Love it.  This show will be the baseline for all of the future movies.  To be honest, I would be tickled if Rogue One will be half as good as this series :(  I hope Ep8 team is taking notes :P

Also, George Lucas, that was how to seduce someone to the dark side :devil:

And that final scene.. talk about consequences..

Oh and somebody is getting a new lightsaber soon :P

Btw, CW fanboys just need to accept that this episode is as close as conclusion to CW that they will ever get :P 

• Like 2

The future of Ezra and upcoming episode 8 and Benicio Del Toro is interesting.  I am starting to buy the theory he is playing old ezra. 

How the next season opens up and the story of rouge one and episode 8 might all tie in here...just maybe.  

Either way this show is great on its own. I never got into the clone wars but I like this. The charectors are all much better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastaLego said:

The future of Ezra and upcoming episode 8 and Benicio Del Toro is interesting.  I am starting to buy the theory he is playing old ezra. 

How the next season opens up and the story of rouge one and episode 8 might all tie in here...just maybe.  

Either way this show is great on its own. I never got into the clone wars but I like this. The charectors are all much better. 

I love Clone Wars and am beginning to feel the same for Rebels. They are different styles, though--CWs told a much broader tale with vignettes from the ensemble. Rebels is about our core group of heroes with "guest stars."

I'm so glad Maul has had a life outside of The Phantom Menace. He was wonderful in CW and in perfect form last night. It would have been such a shame to see such a character die so quickly and shamefully.

8 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Also, George Lucas, that was how to seduce someone to the dark side :devil:

I enjoyed watching my 9-year-old's response. He was seduced, too.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Rebels is about our core group of heroes with "guest stars."

Much like dare I say it, Star Trek tv shows :cool:

17 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

I'm so glad Maul has had a life outside of The Phantom Menace. He was wonderful in CW and in perfect form last night. It would have been such a shame to see such a character die so quickly and shamefully.

I thought Maul had mechanical lower body like in 75022 Mandalorian Speeder set?  He looked whole in the episode.  I did not watch CW but I thought he was a wonderful mix of logic, manipulation, hatred, and perhaps a bit of fear.  He did not choose to engage Vader head on even though he knew Vader was coming.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Much like dare I say it, Star Trek tv shows :cool:

I thought Maul had mechanical lower body like in 75022 Mandalorian Speeder set?  He looked whole in the episode.  I did not watch CW but I thought he was a wonderful mix of logic, manipulation, hatred, and perhaps a bit of fear.  He did not choose to engage Vader head on even though he knew Vader was coming.

The Mandalorian speeder set was a bit of an anachronism based on CW timeline. By the time Maul had his Mandalorian buddies, he had better mechanical legs hidden under black "ninja pants" like we saw last night. The Nightsisters gave him the claw like legs, but they were damaged in battle with Obi-Wan and Hondo's pirates... if my memory serves... before he became leader of Death Watch (a Mandalorian terrorist group).  Sorry, lots of CW stuff there. It's really worth a watch, especially after season 1. 

• Like 3

Still a long way to go to be as good as Clone Wars, especially character wise. Thankfully the cast is starting to expand (including by bringing in Clone Wars favourites) which is making the storylines more interesting. I describe this show to others as Game of Thrones for children. 

While I enjoyed last night's episode a lot, I felt let down that Maul and Vader were in the same episode and didn't even meet, let alone fight. Sure, they're going to make us hunger for this future showdown like rabid dogs, but not even a scene where they're on screen at the same time? I knew Vader was in this episode but when Maul unexpectedly showed up I almost forgot about the Ahsoka/Vader showdown as I was getting my hopes up for a Darth on Darth battle. Patience old jedi. 

Edited by jeff_14
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, biking_tiger said:

The Mandalorian speeder set was a bit of an anachronism based on CW timeline. By the time Maul had his Mandalorian buddies, he had better mechanical legs hidden under black "ninja pants" like we saw last night. The Nightsisters gave him the claw like legs, but they were damaged in battle with Obi-Wan and Hondo's pirates... if my memory serves... before he became leader of Death Watch (a Mandalorian terrorist group).  Sorry, lots of CW stuff there. It's really worth a watch, especially after season 1. 

We still dig Clone Wars over Rebels.  My son watches a couple eps of Clone Wars each night before bed.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Still a long way to go to be as good as Clone Wars, especially character wise. Thankfully the cast is starting to expand (including by bringing in Clone Wars favourites) which is making the storylines more interesting. I describe this show to others as Game of Thrones for children. 

While I enjoyed last night's episode a lot, I felt let down that Maul and Vader were in the same episode and didn't even meet, let alone fight. Sure, they're going to make us hunger for this future showdown like rabid dogs, but not even a scene where they're on screen at the same time? I knew Vader was in this episode but when Maul unexpectedly showed up I almost forgot about the Ahsoka/Vader showdown as I was getting my hopes up for a Darth on Darth battle. Patience old jedi. 

I am more curious as to why Maul fled instead of faced Darth Vader.  It was not like Kanan injured him or anything.  If the superweapon was so important to him why not stay and fight to (re-)claim it ?

Just now, Darth_Raichu said:

I am more curious as to why Maul fled instead of faced Darth Vader.  It was not like Kanan injured him or anything.  If the superweapon was so important to him why not stay and fight to (re-)claim it ?

I just read the Filoni interview posted earlier and it seems he was trying to get away from the blast and wasn't ready to face Vader. At first I was put off by yet another superweapon, especially so soon after seeing Force Awakens (how does this galaxy's economy function with all these things?), but on further thought it seemed like a nice nod to the mindbomb weapon from the Dark Forces videogame which is no longer canon. Apparently the original plot for this episode would have shown the new Inquisitor getting caught in the blast and turned to stone. 

8 minutes ago, California92563 said:

Because he's smart and knows his limits lol.

Lol, not sure I understood his original plan though.  He knew/felt DV was coming and his soon to be apprentice was up activating the superweapon.  So he turned on Kanan and Ahsoka.  Had he won the conflict, he would have to go up and face DV anyway to prevent him from taking the weapon.

If he was not ready to fight 1 on 1 with DV, then why turned on Kanan and Ahsoka just before DV arrived?  Wouldn't it be smarter to gang up on DV and then take on the weaken survivor?

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Lol, not sure I understood his original plan though.  He knew/felt DV was coming and his soon to be apprentice was up activating the superweapon.  So he turned on Kanan and Ahsoka.  Had he won the conflict, he would have to go up and face DV anyway to prevent him from taking the weapon.

If he was not ready to fight 1 on 1 with DV, then why turned on Kanan and Ahsoka just before DV arrived?  Wouldn't it be smarter to gang up on DV and take on the survivor?

My understanding was he just wanted to turn it on and wipe out lots of people. Taking Ezra as a padawan would have been a nice bonus. So if he just wants to turn it on, and he knows Vader is coming, he wants it on before Vader can interfere (we really don't know what Vader was planning to do with the weapon but since he wasn't a fan of the Death Stars and doesn't usually kill for no reason I think we could guess he would not have activated it and may have even tried to stop it). Billions of deaths on your watch isn't good for retaining political control, I don't care who you are.  Once activated, there's no need to stay if you don't think it can be stopped, plus you don't want to get caught in the blast, so he bolted.

5 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

If he was not ready to fight 1 on 1 with DV, then why turned on Kanan and Ahsoka just before DV arrived?  Wouldn't it be smarter to gang up on DV and then take on the weaken survivor?

Maybe--and this is a CW spoiler here--Maul remembers the royal beat-down of his life from the Emperor/Darth Sidious. It was the last time we saw him in CW, and I'd really like to know what he was up to in the meantime. Maul knows his limits and has escaped death several times.

Just now, biking_tiger said:

Maybe--and this is a CW spoiler here--Maul remembers the royal beat-down of his life from the Emperor/Darth Sidious. It was the last time we saw him in CW, and I'd really like to know what he was up to in the meantime. Maul knows his limits and has escaped death several times.

Agreed. I don't know if we'll ever find out what the Emperor planned to do with him when he caught him, or how Maul got away. In the Filoni interview he mentioned that a lost story would have had Ahsoka, Rex, Anakin and Obi-wan going to reunite and find Maul, only for the 2 Jedi to split as Episode 3 begins. Ahsoka said earlier the last time she saw Anakin was when he went to rescue Palpatine, though we have never seen this. So as far as the producers are concerned, Maul was loose and Ahsoka met him right around Episode 3.

2 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

My understanding was he just wanted to turn it on and wipe out lots of people. Taking Ezra as a padawan would have been a nice bonus. So if he just wants to turn it on, and he knows Vader is coming, he wants it on before Vader can interfere (we really don't know what Vader was planning to do with the weapon but since he wasn't a fan of the Death Stars and doesn't usually kill for no reason I think we could guess he would not have activated it and may have even tried to stop it). Billions of deaths on your watch isn't good for retaining political control, I don't care who you are.  Once activated, there's no need to stay if you don't think it can be stopped, plus you don't want to get caught in the blast, so he bolted.

I need to watch the episode again, but I thought Maul would still need to go to the weapon to command it, turning it on was not enough.  When the weapon was turned on, it asked Ezra what to do and Ezra was surely was not dark enough (yet?) to command it to destroy things.

2 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I need to watch the episode again, but I thought Maul would still need to go to the weapon to command it, turning it on was not enough.  When the weapon was turned on, it asked Ezra what to do and Ezra was surely was not dark enough (yet?) to command it to destroy things.

Maybe. The question I would then have is what is his target and how far can that bad boy shoot?

2 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Maybe. The question I would then have is what is his target and how far can that bad boy shoot?

10 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

His target was easily the Emperor as he wanted revenge. ;) Not sure about the 2nd question though.

17 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Well it seems his whole objective was to get the holocron and use it to activate the super weapon to destroy the empire/ Galaxy. Then he saw Ezra and saw potential in him and saw the others as pawns to help him fulfill his objective. Now i agree with you about it not making sense as to why he would turn on Kanan and ahsoka since they could have helped him take down Vader like you mentioned. But then again it is darth maul and you saw him in the clone wars so it's safe to assume he's still off his rocker lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jaylay said:

Spoiler ....

Just glad Ashoka walked away to fight another day. Will kanan get his sight back and will Ezra seek the dark side because clearly he is capable and has good reason (anger over the death of his parents).

That was not what I saw on screen just after Darth Vader left but before they showed the cockpit of the Ghost