Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

I wonder if we will not see anymore clone wars sets.

That does bring up a valid point. No TV series, no sets. Otherwise, who'd get the references? If it does go that way, it could make every set based on the Clone Wars tv series start going up in value perhaps. Then again, if there is no series there might not be much interest at all for them.

That does bring up a valid point. No TV series, no sets.

Otherwise, who'd get the referances?

If it does go that way, it could make every set based on the Clone Wars tv series start going up in value perhaps.

Then again, if there is no series there might not be much interest at all for them.

Maybe that's the reason why Lego is introducing Episode 2 sets this summer to fill in for the TV show's sets. Makes sense they would do this now if they have no more shows/scenes to make sets out of.

That does bring up a valid point. No TV series, no sets.

Otherwise, who'd get the referances?

If it does go that way, it could make every set based on the Clone Wars tv series start going up in value perhaps.

Then again, if there is no series there might not be much interest at all for them.

The lack of the Clone Wars and the continuation of sets is an interesting point. Disney and Star Wars can do whatever they like. I wonder what Lego will plan to do to adapt to that if there is no new material for a while.

I think CW fans are better off with this. Depending on Disneys view of CW and what the series was worth to their new SW plans fans could have been in for a world of hurt or a great series. Disney could have, as they have in the past with properties they do not care about outside of making money off of merchandising, slash the budgets and made the series unwatchable.

I didn't notice anyone mention this yet. But here is a link http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html. Watch the video and it has a very exciting clip! They are making a new series that would lead to the new movies coming out, but Lucas is not sure if that really makes sense or not. So the show has been put to a hold for now.

I didn't notice anyone mention this yet. But here is a link http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html. Watch the video and it has a very exciting clip! They are making a new series that would lead to the new movies coming out, but Lucas is not sure if that really makes sense or not. So the show has been put to a hold for now.

That Order 66 related segment is from The Clone Wars series - They just hadn't gotten a chance to finish & show it.

• 2 months later...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/05/20/star-wars-rebels-animated-series/2325879/

Very good news. ...and should draw far more interest than The Clones Wars.

New show will explore the period between the final prequel and the original 1977 film.

---

Brian Truitt, USA TODAY2:45 a.m. EDT May 20, 2013

----

It's time to join the Rebellion.

A key era in the history of George Lucas' Star Wars universe will be explored in the new Star Wars Rebels animated series, premiering in the fall of 2014 as a one-hour special on Disney Channel and continuing as a show on Disney xD.

"The entire team at Lucasfilm has provided extraordinary creativity and innovation for over three decades, and we're thrilled to be bringing the expansive and imaginative world of Star Wars to Disney XD's viewers," said Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer for Disney Channels Worldwide.

Rebels is the first project since the announcement in March that Lucasfilm was taking a new direction in its animation, which led to the cancelation of Cartoon Network's Star Wars: The Clone Wars after five seasons.

The new series takes place between the events of the final movie prequel, Star Wars: Episode III

Awesome news! Would like to see Vader animated. My son will be excited if star wars still interests him then.

Thanks for sharing!

Actually Vader was already animated briefly in an episode of Clone Wars, as Anakin saw a peek into his future...

But anyway, I think this rebels show could be an interesting time frame to show the emperor and vader begin their reign of terror together, as well as hunting down any jedi left over from order 66. Outside of that though, I really think it will be harder to keep this story interesting, as most of the fighting will be over. My main hope is that they keep the animation in line with what has been established in clone wars, which is what I would expect, since they've spent so many years perfecting the look, designs and such.

It's funny though, when people suggest that OT fans will like this later stage of the story over the clone wars, just because of the liklihood of han and leia showing up at some point. With clone wars we saw the backstories of plenty of OT characters -- Boba Fett, Chewbacca, Tarkin, Ackbar, Mon Mothma, and it goes on. "OT only" type fans have missed the boat if they think the clone wars is all about prequel characters, but hey, that's their loss I guess...

• 11 months later...

Actually Vader was already animated briefly in an episode of Clone Wars, as Anakin saw a peek into his future...

But anyway, I think this rebels show could be an interesting time frame to show the emperor and vader begin their reign of terror together, as well as hunting down any jedi left over from order 66. Outside of that though, I really think it will be harder to keep this story interesting, as most of the fighting will be over. My main hope is that they keep the animation in line with what has been established in clone wars, which is what I would expect, since they've spent so many years perfecting the look, designs and such.

It's funny though, when people suggest that OT fans will like this later stage of the story over the clone wars, just because of the liklihood of han and leia showing up at some point. With clone wars we saw the backstories of plenty of OT characters -- Boba Fett, Chewbacca, Tarkin, Ackbar, Mon Mothma, and it goes on. "OT only" type fans have missed the boat if they think the clone wars is all about prequel characters, but hey, that's their loss I guess...

Totally their loss. I orignally tried watching TCW when it aired and I had a hard time with it (Skyguy). BUT, after I did some research and realized what they were doing with it, I dove in head-first. I am so glad I did. That series did amazing things not only for bridging AOTC and ROTS Anakin but the Star Wars Universe is also richer for it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I know that the SW sets get remakes every now and then and that unless they have a UCS label on it or a really unique minifigure, they have a longer way to go to start producing profits, hence I tend to stay away from them for investing purposes. But every now and then comes a set that breaks some of these rules of mine when investing in SW sets and make me scratch my head.

Right now, it's a sub-theme of the SW universe, Rebels, and the sets are 75053 The Ghost and 75048 The Phantom. Over here in EU they've been available for a short time - June up until late August -, currently in LEGO Shop at Home Spain Phantom is 'Sold Out' and Ghost is 'Call to check product availability', and they have been sitting that way for the last 2 to 3 weeks.

So my question is, knowing that these are SW sets that lived a short life if they do retire now, being the (please correct me if I'm wrong) first sets of a new subtheme, with the upcoming series and further down the road, the new JJ Abrams movies, would you take a jump and get on these starships? I am very tempted to get one or two of each, but wanted to pick your brains regarding these.

I know that the SW sets get remakes every now and then and that unless they have a UCS label on it or a really unique minifigure, they have a longer way to go to start producing profits, hence I tend to stay away from them for investing purposes. But every now and then comes a set that breaks some of these rules of mine when investing in SW sets and make me scratch my head.

Right now, it's a sub-theme of the SW universe, Rebels, and the sets are 75053 The Ghost and 75048 The Phantom. Over here in EU they've been available for a short time - June up until late August -, currently in LEGO Shop at Home Spain Phantom is 'Sold Out' and Ghost is 'Call to check product availability', and they have been sitting that way for the last 2 to 3 weeks.

So my question is, knowing that these are SW sets that lived a short life if they do retire now, being the (please correct me if I'm wrong) first sets of a new subtheme, with the upcoming series and further down the road, the new JJ Abrams movies, would you take a jump and get on these starships? I am very tempted to get one or two of each, but wanted to pick your brains regarding these.

They won't be retiring soon - the show hasn't even started yet.

Well, Phantom just went from 'Sold out' to 'Call to check...'

I haven't seen this behavior of going back and forth with newly released sets - I'm not counting 21110 nor 21109 as special considerations apply - and I wouldn't expect TLG to retire them after only 50 days or so out there.