Star Wars: Rebels

Darth Lego

Hera is my favorite.  I'm just going to say it.  I seem to see more in her character every time I watch (my two year wants to watch it all the time).

Oh, and really like that they don't use their names when they are out, and instead go by those nicknames (can't think of them right now!)

So, Hera continues to be my favorite.  It's clear that there's something between her and Kanan.  They've only been hinting at it, but she did call him "Love" in the Droids episode.  And I loved the line that Kanan gave to her this last episode, "it's quiet without the kids around."

I'm also enjoying how much Ezra has a thing for Sabine, and she couldn't care less.

As for their nicknames - it's Specter 1, etc.  I really like that they use those codes names.

So, Hera continues to be my favorite.  It's clear that there's something between her and Kanan.  They've only been hinting at it, but she did call him "Love" in the Droids episode.  And I loved the line that Kanan gave to her this last episode, "it's quiet without the kids around."

I'm also enjoying how much Ezra has a thing for Sabine, and she couldn't care less.

As for their nicknames - it's Specter 1, etc.  I really like that they use those codes names.

If you have yet to read "A New Dawn" the hinting is even more obvious.

If you have yet to read "A New Dawn" the hinting is even more obvious.

I haven't read "A New Dawn."  Is that the comic tie-in?

Personally, CW never did it for me.  I had a lot of trouble getting into it, and staying with it.  Maybe because I knew where these characters would end up.  I'd occasionally tune in when they'd do stunt casting, but that was about it.  I did watch the last 12 episodes, when they came out on Netflix, but burned through them quickly.  I just wanted to see how the series ended.

KShine I have a couple questions for you...

1. Would you rather watch Ahsoka Tano teach young cadets in a classroom about the dangers of political corruption, or see that Zeb's favorite way to kill a stormtrooper is by throwing another stormtrooper at him?

2. Would you rather watch the the senator for Trade Federation filibuster the latest move against the Separatists, or watch Kanan use the force to slam the Inquisitor against the ceiling?

Sorry dude, this Rebels show is totally kicking azz on the the old Clone Wars!

But back to the subject of Lego... I just noticed today in my local Walmart, they had the Phantom (the smaller one) but no Ghost (75053).  Of course it's just one store, but just thought I'd ask around... could Ghosts be running low for the holiday season?  I'm going to make a point of checking other stores over the coming weeks to see any indicators of a shortage.

KShine I have a couple questions for you...

1. Would you rather watch Ahsoka Tano teach young cadets in a classroom about the dangers of political corruption, or see that Zeb's favorite way to kill a stormtrooper is by throwing another stormtrooper at him?

2. Would you rather watch the the senator for Trade Federation filibuster the latest move against the Separatists, or watch Kanan use the force to slam the Inquisitor against the ceiling?

Sorry dude, this Rebels show is totally kicking azz on the the old Clone Wars!

If that is all that you thought the Clone Wars series was, then there is no way you watched it very much - so there is really nothing to explain.

As far as the rebels, the family will watch it (and enjoy it) - but none of us thinks it comes close to the CW. Everything seems to be a nod to the original trilogy (which is great), but I really can't stand seeing a dozen storm troopers blasting away at close range at 1 target and hitting absolutely nothing.

Just having some fun with you KShine... we can't all like the same things. :)

... but I really can't stand seeing a dozen storm troopers blasting away at close range at 1 target and hitting absolutely nothing.

You are so right.  That's classic Star Wars, tho, isn't it?  I mean, why do they even wear armor head-to-toe? It doesn't seem to protect them from anything - not even a punch to the helmet.  And what are TIE fighters made of? Explosives?

• Like 1

Did anyone watch Breaking Ranks, the episode that aired November 3?  This was the episode where Ezra goes undercover.

Another great episode.  I just wanted to point out how much it felt like Star Wars.  The dogfight with the Ghost and the ships, near the end of the episode was outstanding.  Loved Hera, yet again.  I love how she piloted the ship.  But the overall dogfight just had a great Star Wars fill to it.

I remain highly satisfied with this show.  I'm looking to pick up The Ghost soon, and I'm looking forward to the second wave of sets to hit at the start of the year.

• Like 1

Did anyone watch Breaking Ranks, the episode that aired November 3?  This was the episode where Ezra goes undercover.

Another great episode.  I just wanted to point out how much it felt like Star Wars.  The dogfight with the Ghost and the ships, near the end of the episode was outstanding.  Loved Hera, yet again.  I love how she piloted the ship.  But the overall dogfight just had a great Star Wars fill to it.

I remain highly satisfied with this show.  I'm looking to pick up The Ghost soon, and I'm looking forward to the second wave of sets to hit at the start of the year.

The next episode, Out Of Darkness, is pretty great, too. Lot's of recognizable stuff from another series.

Next week's episode "Empire Day" is up on xfinity.  Great Episode.

A very LEGO friendly episode with the Inquisitor, Agent Kallus, AT-DPs, Stormtroopers and the Advanced Tie Fighter heavily featured. Plus we get Ezra backstory and a "blink and you'll miss it" Emperor Palpatine appearance. Unfortunately it is our first "To Be Continued..." Episode. My son was pissed.

• Like 1

Next week's episode "Empire Day" is up on xfinity.  Great Episode.

A very LEGO friendly episode with the Inquisitor, Agent Kallus, AT-DPs, Stormtroopers and the Advanced Tie Fighter heavily featured. Plus we get Ezra backstory and a "blink and you'll miss it" Emperor Palpatine appearance. Unfortunately it is our first "To Be Continued..." Episode. My son was pissed.

I thought it was a great episode, as well. Nice to get some direct time references, too.

I would assume this is the day that Vader was born, Order 66, etc. etc. 15 years later.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey this looks cool:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-REBELS-LEGO-Fan-Expo-Set-835-The-Ghost-Starship-with-Kanan-Jarrus-/131367740374?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item1e9620a3d6

... limited edition sold at a Canadian Fan Expo. Do you think it will go into production?

You mean as a common set that everyone can purchase? Possibly, but I doubt it. Could be a new Micro Fighter.