Ed Mack

57 members have voted

1. 1. How high can the Zombies 9765 Go?

• Its Done Growing
    • $200
    • $250
    • $300
    • Can't stop it, its growth is undead!

This is both good and bad news. Good because I have a lot of MF stuff I got on clearance and bad because I actually love this theme and would have liked to see more sets. In any case I wonder what this does for the Haunted House. I would imagine that will stick around regardless or maybe even become a seasonal item. I know my local Target had some MF stuff on clearance when I was there a couple days ago. Maybe it is time to make a trip and see what's left.

Interesting news. I don't see the HH coming off the shelves anytime soon, but the smaller MF sets very well could....

That is probably the case. The Haunted House is not sold in regular retail stores, so it doesn't fill the shelves, but the other sets need to go to make room for the new themes.

While the Zombies is being phased out, it appears that stores are still filling the shelves with Monsters products. It may very well just be that one set being phased out. Looks like we'll still see the regular Monsters sets till at least Spring/Summer, possibly longer depending on what Lego wants to do.

I guess either way MF stuff is getting harder to find. Both Target and Walmart (around here anyway) have had it on clearance as if they aren't going to carry it any more. The only store I see still hanging on to it while moving other stuff to the clearance section is Meijer (and even then it depends on which one you go to). I just wish I could have gotten more of the Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle 9468. I saw one here and there in my searches but they were always full price. If that entire line is going away then even full price would have been OK for investing on that set in my opinion.

phased out

'phased out' is not definitive enough for me, that could just mean that Lego now has another season that will become like the Christmas sets; that is, we will only see it around the Halloween holiday and it will not really be EOL yet. They could phase out one or some of them each Halloween season and then bring in a new one(s).

I won't feel comfortable with a prediction unless Lego makes a statement which I doubt would happen.

I have to admit I am a little torn here because it is great that I own most of these sets, but I would like to see some more come out.

'phased out' is not definitive enough for me, that could just mean that Lego now has another season that will become like the Christmas sets; that is, we will only see it around the Halloween holiday and it will not really be EOL yet. They could phase out one or some of them each Halloween season and then bring in a new one(s).

I won't feel comfortable with a prediction unless Lego makes a statement which I doubt would happen.

I have to admit I am a little torn here because it is great that I own most of these sets, but I would like to see some more come out.

I don't know how much weight I can put on a LEGO sales rep. They are just looking at a computer screen, but when sets hit the LEGO S@H "Sales and Deals," you can pretty much kiss them goodbye.

I found some Ghost Trains on clearance at one Walmart I visited for $54. None of the other Walmarts had them on clearance. I am still watching my local Meijer store as they have about 5 and it is the only MF set left on the shelf. I also paid full price for 2 of the castles. Not sure if that was a good idea or not but if they are really done then it should be.

When I was looking to get my Grand Emporium a couple months back, I spoke to a LEGO rep about something unrelated. She urged me to "get it now, if I wanted one at all." This was at the time when they sold out, came back in stock, sold out, came back, etc. My conclusion is that they say whatever the heck they feel like. It worked on me, I bought one the first chance I got. Lol. They are salespeople after all.

I found a whole bunch of 6467 The Ghost Train at my Shopko store for $48. You could check there and they might have it, but Shopko's seem to have different prices nation wide. But I would still give it a shot.

Shopkos have different prices even within the same town. We have 4 of the blasted stores here and they are all different, with different sets available, all at differing prices.

Shopkos have different prices even within the same town. We have 4 of the blasted stores here and they are all different, with different sets available, all at differing prices.

Yeah Prices will differ depending on what district the store is in. Clearance markdown prices are sent down all at the same time from Corporate but it is up to the District to decide when it is best to mark them down. In your case with that many stores near each other they could all very well be in different districts.

• 2 months later...

Hello All, I am traveling in taiwan and i think i can purchase some 9465 for around 40-50 bucks US. The boxes are a little different here for some of the set (localization). The manuals might be in chinese too (not like that matters from a building perspective). Do you think collectors would care and how so? Normally i would never buy this set but considering the investment quality of it? Is it worth it?