Ed Mack

57 members have voted

1. 1. How high can the Zombies 9765 Go?

• Its Done Growing
    • $200
    • $250
    • $300
    • Can't stop it, its growth is undead!

Thanks. I really liked this sets. I used 6 on my stop motion. wish i only used two..lol I'll be putting them on e-bay. But I don't know of any cheap ways to ship over sea's. so it will be UK only. Thanks for Information. Stomping

I'm PM-ing you asap.

That's really cool to hear that you have so many copies of the Zombies. Lots of members consider themselves lucky to have even one! Now I'm going to buy whatever sets you buy. LOL

If you feel like selling internationally, there's plenty of buyers both on eBay and on BrickPicker who'd love to get their hands on a NISB Zombies, though shipping might pose a barrier...

Same here. It is hard when some one in the family dies.

So sorry to hear about your father, Stomping.

Thankyou. Being adopted makes this really tough. My dad died 7yrs ago(the man who brought me up). Dave the man who helped make me, has passed away. I'm the only member of the gennic family who will do this(i have 9 sisters(i'm only bloke)). lol. Thanks for being understanding. Stomping

So pretty straight forward, How high do you think this set will go? There was such a limited number and it has really become that set that everyone has heard of and wants to own.

It's at 230% CAGR. I won one a few days back for $115 ($15 under BP value) because I think this set is going to continue to grow with how popular Lego is now and how short its run is.

Do you all agree, or do you think its gonna take a dive soon?

It`s going up big time. Even if CAGR drops by 1/2 to 115%, or heck, even to a quarter of that. Everyone wishes they had some of these  :devil: Good call on buying in at that price. I believe it is entirely likely that you can double your money within a couple of years. Especially during Xmas. Anyone who doesn`t mind sitting on some, it isn`t too late!

i was finally able to build one (one won in a monster fighter lot).  after building it with my son, made me wish i purchased the set last Sept / Oct.  Instead, I waited and paid $90 last Jan.  while it is a smaller set (340 count with not many unique elements), it is COOL.  2 of the exclusive minifigs (married couple) has helped the set stay desirable (especially the bride at $22); the pink moonstone is also only available in this set.

9465 is just too freakishly scarce compared to other Lego sets. this set retailed only for 5 months in the US and was pretty much available only for 3-4 months depending on your local target store.  Lego.com had it for almost 4 months. 

my thoughts?  secondary market sales have greatly slowed since Dec/Jan  while prices have kept increasing. i predict this will be $200 by mid-Oct despite more supply being available by sellers to meet demand (many like me are holding for Halloween sales).  By Halloween 2014, it will be a $300 set.  I

Now if Lego surprises us this yr or next with another zombie centric set (doesn't matter if exclusive), then all bets are off and 9465's price growth will began slowing down to just about a stand-still. Unlike the vast majority of refreshes, i doubt it will price decline due to the limit production run.

charts can be found at

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=9465-1

Guest TabbyBoy

I was lucky to buy some of these at "The Entertainer" and "WH Smith" shops in the UK a few weeks ago.  They are often a little above RRP but, these stores seem to keep retired sets on the shelf for a while.  I even bought some retired Iron Man large figures last week at 25% off!  Also at John Lewis, I couldn't resist the urge to buy dozens of Mummies and Swamp Creatures at their low prices.

it is already selling between $135 and $155 excluding shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_ItemCondition=3&LH_Sold=1&_sacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=lego+9465&_sop=3

5 month (really more like 3-4 month though) US retail life is pretty uncommon for Lego.  Quite a few non-exclusive sets w/ much greater lifespans have peaked at 4x-10x MSRP (e.g. all non-UCS Batman 1, a few Indiana Jones, SW Vader's Transformation, the older Sail Barge, older H.Potter but some recent ones are heading there, 8637 Volcano Base).  Currently, the Zombies is about 4x MSRP.  

If any Lego non-licensed set has a chance, this set is it.  Supply is so short of demand.  Will it stay that way, yes for a some unknown period of time as we know "what goes up, most come down" applies to most things in life.

What you have to ask yourself is at what price point will people start investing or finding value in other sets?  $150 can buy you a 2000 piece modular.  $200 can buy you a kick butt Technic set, Haunted House plus another set, or Red 5 X-wing.  $250 can buy you the Ewok Village.  I know the set is somewhat rare, but how rare?  10,000 copies or 100,000 copies?  With each passing new season of LEGO set releases, interest in older sets drops ever so slightly.  Personally, I hope it hits $700, because I have 3, but I'm not counting on it.