Musical Picks

TheOrcKing

If there is one thing I have learned, it's that music truly is the most universal language in the world. Besides myself looking for yet another excuse to post anything at all or just a good one to post music videos, I would like everyone here to feel free to post links to some of your favorite tunes and/or talk about what you like to listen to. Consider this thread your very own little "House of Blues" as it were.

Anyway as for an opening post, I had some difficulty trying to think of a good opener, a nice ice breaker everyone may enjoy, and well I came up with this. Enjoy.

Disclaimer:
Everyone has their own likes & dislikes which includes their listening preferences so please no badmouthing or cruel banter because somebody enjoys a certain type of music or band you may not. There is plenty of song to go around, be nice.

Yay Music!

I truly could not live without my collection of music. It actually makes me feel great to be alive - in order to enjoy listening to music I love. That's how connected I am with my music collection. I wish that passion helped me to be somehow gifted to play music, but alas, it does not...

My music collection spans from classical to rap and everything in-between. I mean EVERYTHING. I have likes and dislikes in every genre. Not only do I have radio hits but I also collect imports from other countries, in other languages, and many theatrical soundtracks and small bands/artists I see live. I have (in no particular order) polka music, oldies, rock, new age, metal, classical, rap, dance/techno/trance/dub-step, country, adult contemporary, children's music(!), comedy.... it goes on and on.

I probably own over 1,000 CDs or more (I don't count anymore) and over 100 Gb of mp3 (all of my CDs are in that compilation).

My favorite artist and/or song changes a lot, depending on my mood. But...

My one song I can always go back to is Rank 1 - "Airwave". Warning - it is electronic (Trance). (No lyrics either)

The video has nothing to it, but when you listen to this on a super sound system, it is so relaxing. There are so many great remixes to this song!

• Like 1

Yay Music!

I truly could not live without my collection of music. It actually makes me feel great to be alive - in order to enjoy listening to music I love. That's how connected I am with my music collection. I wish that passion helped me to be somehow gifted to play music, but alas, it does not...

My music collection spans from classical to rap and everything in-between. I mean EVERYTHING. I have likes and dislikes in every genre. Not only do I have radio hits but I also collect imports from other countries, in other languages, and many theatrical soundtracks and small bands/artists I see live. I have (in no particular order) polka music, oldies, rock, new age, metal, classical, rap, dance/techno/trance/dub-step, country, adult contemporary, children's music(!), comedy.... it goes on and on.

I probably own over 1,000 CDs or more (I don't count anymore) and over 100 Gb of mp3 (all of my CDs are in that compilation).

My favorite artist and/or song changes a lot, depending on my mood.

Whoa-ho-ho! Quite the variety there, lady. I'm a bit similar in my own tastes and collection. I like just about everything if the beat is good and has a soul to it. You weren't kidding about that track having a lot of remixes. Wow! I know of a website that mainly focuses on remakes of tracks from any video game called Overclocked Remix if you haven't heard of it. There's some good stuff there you can download single tracks and complete albums. It's a little tricky to get used to some of the format at first. Here's one from there that has some similarity with the one you had posted. It has a nice composition overall.

MegaMan 2: Light Your Way (Mix of Dr. Wily Stage 1 & Flash Man's Stage)

I also like a lot of imports even if I can't understand what they're saying. Ha ha. Here's a sweet one from Japan.

King of Fighters 94 - Psycho Soldier (Arranged)

My tastes are dependent on how I feel at the time too. Currently I've been listening to themes from different animated series (extended cuts if I can find them) from the 80's like Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors, Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers, or M.A.S.K., and I know I'm going to get it for saying this but (gulp) even the theme and tunes from Jem & the Holograms. Not kidding.

Well, I guess I should just wrap up with another track. I have no idea why I had a hard time trying to find one where the audio wasn't wrong in one way or another. Video is lousy but the audio is about as it should be.

I'll bite. I like most music (too many to list) except for heavy metal and gangsta raps.

How about:

Van the Man for the old school side:

Moondance

Meat Loaf for the classic rock side -- Best punchline in any 10 minutes song. I could not find the Meat Loaf Live with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra version. Hands down the best concert he has done.

Paradise by Dashboard Light

Zac Brown Band for the country side

Chicken Fried

Hikaru Utada for the anime / video games / remix side:

Hikari

Speaking of cartoons:

Silverhawks

Teen Titans

Ray Charles for whatever his awesome brand of music is

Crazy Love

Richard Marx for acoustic side:

Hazard

Anime:

Saint Seiya

To close:

Music of the Night

• Like 1

Loving it! Somehow I already had a feeling as to what some of your picks would have been. I guess we just have quite a bit in common.

I'll bite. I like most music (too many to list) except for heavy metal and gangsta raps.

My list would be WAY too big to list as well and I'm not much for rap and especially not 'gangsta'. Since there seems to be all different kinds of heavy metal it's tricky to outright say "I like it". My idea of heavy metal is more like Judas Priest where someone else might say Slipknot or something synonymous. Meat Loaf has always kicked ass, Ray Charles was the man, and that track from Kingdom Hearts grabbed me the moment it touched my eardrums. I can't believe I forgot about Saint Seiya! Okay not the series itself but the theme! Man, that takes me back.

Well since I'm doing another post, here's another random track for your listening pleasure. (Darth_Raichu reminded me of this one with Saint Seiya.)

Kamen Rider Agito - Opening

I'll probably post another one later from the theme for the anime series that even got me interested into anime in the first place and still is one of the greatest series ever in my opinion.

Nice selection Ed. Now I know my first LEGO set is older than Adam Lambert... lol

TheOrcKing:

Perhaps I should clarify my heavy metal preference. Basically I am not into anything with the singer growling througout the song. Black Sabbath is probably as heavy as I want to go with metal ;) I refuse to listen to gangsta rap because I am against promoting violence through music. No offense to fans of these kinds of music.

That Kingdom Heart remix is the short version. Here is the extended version.

As for Kamen Rider, I am definately an RX fan. This is the first version with 3 types of suits: black, robo, bio

Since I'm a teen I probably have a different taste for what music I like versus other people on here.

Don't stop believing. This song is a classic.

We will rock you.

We are the champions.

Both are great songs.

Very funny song. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Harlem Shake. Not really music, but it's still cool.

I like tons of other songs, but it would take me forever to list them all here. I like this thread because music is awesome in a special way. (Sounds like Lego(s) to me.)

(:

Don't judge me, but this is one of my all time favorites. Most of you probably were around when it came out, and it is one of the older songs, but I really like it. You guys should watch the "USA for Africa" Documentary. Sound boring but it is a really touching story. (sniff, sniff) We Are The World - By: USA for Africa

Unfortunately, North Korea crapped up the song by putting the tune in a propoganda video about a US city going up in flames by North Korean missiles and bombs. :( Soo mad at them!!! http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/feb/06/north-korea-new-york-flames-video

Don't judge me, but this is one of my all time favorites. Most of you probably were around when it came out, and it is one of the older songs, but I really like it. You guys should watch the "USA for Africa" Documentary. Sound boring but it is a really touching story. (sniff, sniff)

We Are The World - By: USA for Africa

This.

+1 :)

Perhaps I should clarify my heavy metal preference. Basically I am not into anything with the singer growling througout the song. Black Sabbath is probably as heavy as I want to go with metal ;) I refuse to listen to gangsta rap because I am against promoting violence through music. No offense to fans of these kinds of music.

Yeah, I don't care for 'growlers' myself. Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne are f***ing awesome! And what you just said about gangsta rap is exactly why I don't like it at all. I hate anger tracks. Thanks for posting the full version of the Kingdom Hearts remix.

As for Kamen Rider, I am definately an RX fan. This is the first version with 3 types of suits: black, robo, bio

No way! I was trying to decide between posting the Agito or RX theme the other day!

To Darth Lego:
I have always loved Journey and how can you go wrong with Queen! They did the theme for the Flash Gordon film! I've never heard or seen that "Aint nobody got time for that", that's frickin' hilarious!

Well I had planned on posting a other tune but then this next one popped back in my head and I figured on doing something a little different from before, so what the heck. Here's the theme for one of the best cartoon duos ever created for television whose sole purpose was to take over the world.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you....

They're Pinky and the Brain.
Yes, Pinky and the Brain.
One is a genius, the other's insane.
They're labratory mice.
They're genes have been spliced.

They're Pinky....They're Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain!

Before each night is done
their plan will be unfurled.
By the dawning of the sun
they'll take over the world!

They're Pinky and the Brain.
Yes, Pinky and the Brain.
Their twilight campain is easy to explain.
To prove their mousy worth,
they'll overthrow the earth.

They're Pinky....They're Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, NARF!

And that all was from memory. I kid you not. That tune gets in your head and never goes away!

No way! I was trying to decide between posting the Agito or RX theme the other day!

Brilliant minds think alike ;)

To Darth Lego:

I've always loved Journey.

And how can you go wrong with Queen! They did the theme for the Flash Gordon film!

Queen - Flash (1980)

Also Highlander

Too many Queen tracks to choose. My all time favorite Queen track is also the saddest imho:

These are the Days of Our Lives

The music video was shot just a few months before Freddy passed.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you....

Pinky & the Brain

I see your Pinky & the Brain and raise you Animaniacs

When I first saw this thread, I was thinking guitar picks or something. I guess I was wrong...LOL ;)

Speaking of picks:

Joe Satriani - Always with Me, Always with You

Before I had mentioned I would post links to this but did something else instead. Anywho, here is the main theme to the very first anime I ever watched and got me even interested into anime (possibly drawing as well) in the first place. When I think about it, it's trippy how many references to Greek mythology there was in the series.

Opening (Full Version)

Credits (Full Version)

Here's another for the night. One of the most prolific songwriters of all time, this artist has a LONG list of tunes under a number of categories. A very universal artist to say the least and has always been a favorite of mine since forever. I really can't pick just one and say it's my favorite but this track is certainly up there on the list.

90's Alternative was my decade and while I listen to music further back I never really moved beyond it. I suppose someday they will be my 'oldies'. Set me up with: Pearl Jam Smashing Pumpkins Alice in Chains Soundgarden Nirvana Foo Fighters Great subject choice OP! We can't talk Lego all day long. Well, I suppose most of us probably could.

• Like 2

Great subject choice OP! We can't talk Lego all day long. Well, I suppose most of us probably could.

Thank you! Yeah, I guess we could just yak about LEGO all the time but that might get stale after a while. Everyone likes music so I thought that in the meantime while we're waiting for those investments to grow, we could let loose a little with some tunes!

Another post, another tune. This one is from my favorite band of all time. I can listen to any of their tunes on any given day.