Musical Picks

TheOrcKing

Too many old stuffs ;)

Ha ha, it'll eventually even out with both old & new from a variety of genres.

Very, but so good! That's still one of the best harmonies I've ever listened to.

Another post, another tune. Realizing I haven't posted much that is at least a little more recent and shamefully nothing Techno-ish, here is a track that scores on all levels!

Ed Rush & Optical - "Matrix Frontline"

Here's a tune from a band you might not have heard of as I think they were mainly popular in Canada. Truthfully, I first heard the remix version from Sled Storm on the PlayStation which made me want to do some research. I haven't been disappointed and you won't either.

The pub remix is very fitting with St. Patrick's day :)

One of my favorite things to peruse on youtube are cover versions of popular songs. The more establish / famous the cover band the better the covers are since they most likely are able to take the original songs to completely different direction.

Granted you need to at least know the original version to appreciate the full effect.

A few of my favorites:

Bowling for Soup - London Bridge by Fergie

All American Rejects - Womanizer by Britney Spears

Also in effort to bring new songs to this thread, here is the only acceptable version of "Call Me Maybe". The band deserved big props for recreating the most repeated (perhaps nauseating) song of 2012 using kazoo, xylophone, melodica, tambourine, casio keyboard thing, etc. I would argue the presence of the original artist significantly subtracted from the coolness of this version.

Call Me Maybe

The pub remix is very fitting with St. Patrick's day :)

You know what's wierd about that one is I practically forgot about St. Patrick's Day! I just posted it cause it popped in my head and I thought "Oh yeah, that's a good one!". Talk about odd coincidence....

One of my favorite things to peruse on youtube are cover versions of popular songs. The more establish / famous the cover band the better the covers are since they most likely are able to take the original songs to completely different direction.

Granted you need to at least know the original version to appreciate the full effect.

I enjoy various covers and remixes too. Like here's a couple of 'classic' remixes.

BT vs The Doors - Break on through to the other side 2005

Infected Mushroom - Riders on the Storm 2009

Another post, another tune. Here's another 'oldie' for ya, ha ha. What can I say? I love this stuff!

Dire Straits - Money for Nothing (Complete & Unedited Cut) 1985

And the parody....

On the subject of video game music - here is my favorite: Silent Hill 4 - Akira Yamaoka.

I like dark, depressing themes. Someone posted the Donnie Darko theme song, "Mad World". Love that song.

Here is a fan video I made to Weird Al Yankovic's "Germs" song. The fan-vid is from footage of X-Files. :)

Careful! It's not for the squeamish!!!

Electronic and beautiful - Glow - "Alone"

Keep sharing, guys. :)

• Like 1

Dire Straits "Money for Nothing" was probably my favorite video when I was a kid. Of course, I only had VH1 and had no idea what the heck MTV was.

Dire Straits "Money for Nothing" was probably my favorite video when I was a kid. Of course, I only had VH1 and had no idea what the heck MTV was.

"money for nothing and chicks for free" haha I remember that video as well, man I miss the good ol' days.........

I like dark, depressing themes. Someone posted the Donnie Darko theme song, "Mad World". Love that song.

Oh I love that tune! I bought a cd of Gary Jules' work just for that one. I like a number of moody instrumentals but can't think of any specific ones off hand. Guess that's just how good they are, they blend so well into the background that you notice it enough to get a feel for the scene but not so much that it distracts from the scene itself.

Here is a fan video I made to Weird Al Yankovic's "Germs" song. The fan-vid is from footage of X-Files. :)

Careful! It's not for the squeamish!!!

Nicely done! And you are right. So not for the squeamish, ha ha. It's disturbingly awesome!

Keep sharing, guys. :)

Can do, ma'am!

Dark Side of the Moon.....Pink Floyd

Who doesn't like Pink Floyd?

"money for nothing and chicks for free" haha I remember that video as well, man I miss the good ol' days.........

Yep. Those were some good ones.

Another post, another tune. Here's a couple from an arcade game you probably never heard of. Well unless you live in Japan, I guess.

DoDonPachi (1997 - Arcade)

Stage 1 & 4

Stage 2 & 5

I like dark, depressing themes.

I finally remembered a couple of tracks at least that may fit the bill. It also took a while to find a youtube link at all. They're instrumental and convey a nice ambience to the dark and grim scene of the different stages. I mean, the game has you going through purgatory and then Hell itself. How much darker can you get than that?

Painkiller - Factory
Painkiller - Oriental Castle
Painkiller - Cathedral

And here are the 'Fight' tracks for those. (Might as well post those here.) The Factory is pretty heavy, Oriental Castle is wicked awesome, and Cathedral is so sweet!

Painkiller - Factory Fight
Painkiller - Oriental Castle Fight
Painkiller - Cathedral Fight

Another post, another tune. You can't mention rock & roll without the conversation eventually leading its way to this unique band of three. With their signature guitars, shades, beards, and, of course, custom Eliminator and Cadzilla cars. I have to just toss the dice and see where they land to pick just one, and here it is. (I'll probably sprinkle a few of their other hits later down the road.)

I am going to continue posting something relatively new to bring balance to this thread :P

By all means, please do!

Oh, and that remix of the theme from Game of Thrones was great! (Much like the series itself.)

Another post, another tune.

Here's a selection of ones from the mech combat series that started on the very first Playstation. Typically Techno with a little bit of rock and a touch of anime in there. (I really don't know the exact titles for these, I'm just going by what is listed or generally known.)

Armored Core (1997 - Playstation)

Circulation

Dotted Line

Complete Physical

Armored Core: Master of the Arena (1999 - Playstation)

Nineball

Ultimate Battle

Here's the theme from a more recent anime. Whether or not you actually like anime at all, this series was pretty kickass!

The first is the actual opening for the series and the second is the complete original track.

Black Lagoon - Opening (2006)

Mell - Red Fraction (Full Version, 2006)

Lol I always thought Black Lagoon was a hentai and avoided it. Looks like it was more similar to Full Metal Panic season 3 if all characters were gun crazy like Sousuke..

I have not had time to watch any anime lately. Here is an opening for one of a good recent anime based on the BEST manga of all time:

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Opening 1

Again - Yui (The full version of the above song)

Lol I always thought Black Lagoon was a hentai and avoided it. Looks like it was more similar to Full Metal Panic season 3 if all characters were gun crazy like Sousuke..

I can see how it could have come across that way. Rest assured, the main character Remy is totally trigger happy! But I have found that most of the current trailers you would find on the DVD's and such, do not make me want to see the anime at all.

For instance, I watched a couple of clips from the series Desert Punk on youtube and, man, is it raunchy and pretty dang funny! It reminded me of the same kind of humor in Tank Police. However, most of the 'official' DVD trailers I saw made the series look like it just had a lot of big jigglin' breasts. (Or in terms of anime, the usual.) There's a long list of ones where I don't even bother with cause, although the story sounds serious, all I see are ridiculously gigantic breasts! I may be a guy but I can't take anything seriously when THOSE are in my face all the time! And why do they put so many frames of animation into 'those' to begin with? I swear they draw up like a thousand frames for hours of constant bouncing that defies gravity. Good grief....

Speaking of Tank Police, here's the opening for that.

This was second anime I saw in my life, I think. It's hard to remember if it was Tank Police or Guyver. They're both excellent reasons for hooking me into the world of anime to begin with.

As a more recent anime (and I really do mean that), I've been so looking forward to this one called "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt". I know what it sounds like but hear me out! It's one of the raunchiest, funniest, and awesomest animes I've ever watched in a long time! Course it was done by the studio behind the anime, Dead Leaves. (I found the whole video posted on youtube.)

Another post, another tune.

All this anime talk reminded me of these guys. Yes it's corny but what the heck.

GO, GO, POWER RANGERS!!

Here is the full playlist for the original granddaddy of all vehicular combat games and was one the original Playstation's launch titles! (The names for a few of the tracks on youtube are not correct but are the best quality in sound I've found.)

Twisted Metal (1995 - Playstation)