Opinion on City Harbour 4645

Harbour 4645 went EOL late last year. I picked up a few on sale recently but now I'm thinking about returning them to reinvest into something else. Retail was $89.99, I got 2 at $74 each, not much of a discount but it was already EOL at that point. Just wanted to hear some of your opinons. Thanks!

I would probably return it, TRU still has this one in stock, I got mine for $50 but those were drop shipped (back when I was new to all this), the seller refunded my purchase and the store wouldn't take their merchandise back, so I got it for free basically. In hindsight, I am torn on whether I would have got this one for even the $50 I originally paid. BTW, retail for this is $80, not $90, that is just the toysRus markup that makes it $90, so you really aren't far below retail. If you are in love with the set and may wind up using it for collection instead of selling it, you may want to keep it around but for a pure investment, take it back and grab something else.

if you are having second thoughts then i would absolutely return them and invest in something else that you are more comfortable with. i have done this with a few sets. i had 12 ghost trains. i returned 6 of them and re-invested in orc forges. also, i had 5 of the new tmnt vans that just didn't sit right with me a few weeks after i purchased them, so i returned them and bought some museum break-ins instead. the prior city harbor (7994) was a much better set with a bigger cargo ship. i had one that i bought at msrp and sold two months ago for $280. i don't see the new version appreciating like the old one did. the new version seems to be scaled down a bit and kind of generic. that's the beauty of lego investing. after you purchase an investment, you have a 90 day "trial" period, on average, to change your mind and get your money back if you choose. what other investments can say that?

I really liked 7994, they had a massive boat, the biggest ever and a huge dockyard as well, this new one is a real disappointment IMO, especially since it is less pieces, a smaller, standard boat hull and pretty unimpressive harbor size and functionality all for the exact same price. I kinda expected the 7994 to be worth more than it is, given its obvious rarity, 4645 just doesn't have anything that will make people want it later on, it may be a pretty flat set. 3-4 years ago was the golden age for City collectors IMO, they had such amazing construction vehicles and every set was really pushing the boundaries of what was possible. I really don't see how city sets made right now can stand up to those (save for a few decent "great vehicles"), right now I am avoiding City very heavily for this reason, as much as I may like the sets.

if you are having second thoughts then i would absolutely return them and invest in something else that you are more comfortable with. i have done this with a few sets. i had 12 ghost trains. i returned 6 of them and re-invested in orc forges. also, i had 5 of the new tmnt vans that just didn't sit right with me a few weeks after i purchased them, so i returned them and bought some museum break-ins instead. the prior city harbor (7994) was a much better set with a bigger cargo ship. i had one that i bought at msrp and sold two months ago for $280. i don't see the new version appreciating like the old one did. the new version seems to be scaled down a bit and kind of generic. that's the beauty of lego investing. after you purchase an investment, you have a 90 day "trial" period, on average, to change your mind and get your money back if you choose. what other investments can say that?

Yes! I love the 90 day trial you get with Lego investing! You can't really lose!

Just FYI, although I didn't buy this set at Target, if u use the Red card on any Target purchase, not only do you get 5% off, you also get another month added on to the return policy (4 months!). I try to buy as much as I can from Target because of this and the Amazon price match.