75019 - AT-TE

StarCityBrickCompany

Tell that to poor old jabba's palace :(

Haha true, the new Jabba's Palace blows the old one away. However I still think old/vintage sets are sweet, and I firmly believe that true Lego collectors will still be willing to pay good money for those old vinatge sets, even if they aren't as nice and detailed as the newer, more modern sets.

Haha true, the new Jabba's Palace blows the old one away. However I still think old/vintage sets are sweet, and I firmly believe that true Lego collectors will still be willing to pay good money for those old vinatge sets, even if they aren't as nice and detailed as the newer, more modern sets.

I agree - the old ones just seem to have a certain magic that the newer ones don't. I think it is similar to the way old video game makers needed to be creative to squeeze all that they could out of the very limited memory that they had to work with. I still prefer the original Falcon to the newer ones. Of course, the newer ones look more accurate - but it is much more fun to play with the old one.

I agree - the old ones just seem to have a certain magic that the newer ones don't. I think it is similar to the way old video game makers needed to be creative to squeeze all that they could out of the very limited memory that they had to work with. I still prefer the original Falcon to the newer ones. Of course, the newer ones look more accurate - but it is much more fun to play with the old one.

Exactly, the old sets will always be the most iconic in my opinion. That being said I still think the new remakes will do well years from now in the secondary market. But the old/original sets will always bring in a nice profit. For example, the old Jabba's Palace has dropped in value a lot over the past year, due to the new Jabba's Palace being available. The old one still bring's in a nice profit even with the new one being available, just not as much as it did prior to the release of the remake. Once the newer Jabba's Palace retires in a few years (or whenever it retires) both the old and new Palace's will slowly increase in value (in my opinion). So for those that have the old AT-TE and had planned on selling it, you will probably be able to maximize your porifts by selling it NOW, or by holding onto it until the remake is retired in a couple years.

If the old set is better than the new set, the old set will will retain its value. In the case of a new set being way better than an older set(Jabba's Palace for one), the older set will drop in value. You must take into consideration that many of these older sets peaked in value years ago, so they might drop in value anyway.

• 1 month later...

Will this set be a good investment? It is the third full scale AT-TE and the only real difference between this one and the 2008 version is the minifigures. Thankfully, Lego has not raised the price any higher over five years so that may encourage buyers. The best thing about this set is the Coleman Trebor minifig and the Clone Commander. Will the small changes to the design, and unique minifigs be enough to net a profit on this set in a few years?

Well, as a general statement, the remakes make the set WAY more common, so since more of them are on the market, then they don't perform as well. Look at the Sith Infiltrators as an example. I would say that it won't increase that jurastically, but still I can picture it being worth $100 more than retail after EOL.

Will this set be a good investment? It is the third full scale AT-TE and the only real difference between this one and the 2008 version is the minifigures. Thankfully, Lego has not raised the price any higher over five years so that may encourage buyers. The best thing about this set is the Coleman Trebor minifig and the Clone Commander. Will the small changes to the design, and unique minifigs be enough to net a profit on this set in a few years?

Even though there are other AT-TE's from the past I still think this will be an okay investment. It probably won't bring in the same $$$ as the previous AT-TE from 2008 since there are a lot more investors now than there were in 2008. I would probably wait until sometime in 2014 at least in order to pick this set up as it will probably be available for 2 years or so. Unless it is heavily discounted right away, I would wait until next year to pick this set up. The new Star Wars movie in 2015 could also help spark more interest in this set as well!

Everyone always brings up the influx of new Lego investors and how it hurts the market, so I'm definately hoping that the new movies will increase the value of new and used SW sets and figures.

Haha sorry to remind you of the new investors. While these new investors may not have a huge impact on the secondary market, I feel they at a minimum have a small impact.

Gah! Enough with the remakes. Bad for investors, not even that great for collectors (who might want all variations of a given set, if they are serious enough). If new movies weren't on the horizon I think SW would be headed for a long, slow decline. I don't know if I would agree with comicblast that this ends up $100 over MSRP...definitely not a slam dunk.

Gah! Enough with the remakes. Bad for investors, not even that great for collectors (who might want all variations of a given set, if they are serious enough). If new movies weren't on the horizon I think SW would be headed for a long, slow decline. I don't know if I would agree with comicblast that this ends up $100 over MSRP...definitely not a slam dunk.

Ok, yeah. I was going a little over, but I was thinking that in 5 years after the set EOL, it would be $100 assuming it wasn't remade again. Immediately after EOL, probably more realistically around $50 more than MSRP.

I do wish they had put more minfigures in the set though, I mean it's an 80 dollar set you should get at least 6, 7 or 8 would be great! They needed have one or two clone troopers in it, why doesn't it come with any regular clones?!

For some reason they come with exclusive clones with different color markings. (Those markings represent their rank.) You could get a normal clone from the 75000 Clone Troopers vs Droidekas battle pack.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...