75019 - AT-TE

StarCityBrickCompany

AT-TE was discounted for quite some time and pretty widely avail. 144 resellers on amazon now. I'll be curious to see how this performs, but I am not extremely optimistic. 

Agreed. It will perform, but it all depends on buy in. I doubt the top end will be much above MSRP. Mace Windu is popular, but not exclusive, and he's the best thing this set has going for it. All simply my opinion, of course. ;)

I posted about 75019 ATTE retirement four days ago and even put the links to LEGO Shop at Home page. :P

yep - i remember because i went out and snagged 2 at my bn with a 13% raise card and 10% member discount after reading that post.

Edited by cladner

Take a look at the history of the prior two AT-TE sets. This set will hit $200 easy, although it may take a few years to get there. I think that you are underestimating the demand and interest in the AT-TE.

Well, NIB for this one 7675 hovers around $150 on the high-end and it has Anakin, Captain Rex, Ahsoka, and Rotta in it.

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=7675-1

Take a look at the history of the prior two AT-TE sets. This set will hit $200 easy, although it may take a few years to get there. I think that you are underestimating the demand and interest in the AT-TE.

I tend to disagree.  My personal opinion is that the AT-TE is one of the ugliest vehicles in the SW universe.  This version isn't anything to write home about, and some aspects of it make it look incomplete (especially those side panels).   If I'm going to spend 200.00 on a set that I didn't land during retail, but is about 250% above retail on the secondary market, this version of the AT-TE wouldn't be it.  The summer 2013 wave was pretty awesome by and large, because it had an Attack of the Clones Geonosis them going on, but only completists will want this one.   I tend to side with some that think this set will hover and top out around the 120 to 140 range.

I tend to disagree.  My personal opinion is that the AT-TE is one of the ugliest vehicles in the SW universe.  This version isn't anything to write home about, and some aspects of it make it look incomplete (especially those side panels).   If I'm going to spend 200.00 on a set that I didn't land during retail, but is about 250% above retail on the secondary market, this version of the AT-TE wouldn't be it.  The summer 2013 wave was pretty awesome by and large, because it had an Attack of the Clones Geonosis them going on, but only completists will want this one.   I tend to side with some that think this set will hover and top out around the 120 to 140 range.

Time will tell, but the fact that you're here indicates to me that you are not the average consumer who is paying top dollar for sets on the secondary market.  IMHO, the average consumer isn't putting the level of thought and analysis into their purchases that you are.   

4482 seems to be topping out at 202.00 new in the box.  Not too shabby, but that ones over a decade old.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40|R40&ghostText=&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=lego+at-te+4482&_sop=16

7675 new in the box is currently selling on average in the 150 range.  So, I tend to think this one will hit more around 7675's current levels 2 to 3 years from now.  Plus, you can still find these AT-TE's all over the place, if you know where to look.  I definitely would say if you can bought in low, you will make some cash on it in a few years.  But, to be honest, out of all the Summer 2013 wave, the Gunship was the best investment..  The spider droid, and this version are probably going to have some slow growth.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=lego+at-te+4482&_sop=16&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40|R40&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xlego+at-te+7675.TRS0&_nkw=lego+at-te+7675&ghostText=&_sacat=0

Edited by fossilrock

4482 had its day in the sunshine before the new AT-TE came out...it's sunk back to the level that it was selling for back in 2007 & 2008.  The price on 7675 has also fallen back a bit as well.  One thing to keep in mind is the prices that you're seeing right now are artificially depressed since consumers have been able to buy an AT-TE at retail for $90 or less for most of the past two years.  Once there is no lower cost alternative, prices on all three sets will rise.

• Like 1

4482 had its day in the sunshine before the new AT-TE came out...it's sunk back to the level that it was selling for back in 2007 & 2008.  The price on 7675 has also fallen back a bit as well.  One thing to keep in mind is the prices that you're seeing right now are artificially depressed since consumers have been able to buy an AT-TE at retail for $90 or less for most of the past two years.  Once there is no lower cost alternative, prices on all three sets will rise.

There are more choices in the secondary market now as well, so I expect them to rise more slowly.

• 8 months later...

Always happy when some one "digs up an old thread" with good news to add!  Now just work some of that market appreciation magic over here in the US :)

I have 2 of these, with buy in at US$70... but have had them going on 2 years now.  Seems prices are going up here too... now about US$115 shipped on ebay.  I'm guessing that would put about US$92 in my pocket... so not dancing in the streets, but nothing to complain about.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
27 minutes ago, bricksnstocks said:

Anyone has any thoughts on the older AT-TE? I thought with the newer Rex's version might push prices of 75019 down but seems like it is appreciating.

Unless Rex's is easily modify-able to be a plain AT-TE; i don't think the 2013 one will be affected all that much.