"Funny Looks" I get at the store

Pretzel

How about the shame of feeling CM bags? ;)

Now that does draw some attention. If people ask or say anything my response is usually say, 'I don't want to disappoint a child' at which point for using the excuse my niece and nephew get an additional figure to make my statement true.

I was feeling minifigure bags at Target and another costumer came up to me and said "I don't think they want you opening those" and I said "I'm not" then he said "yes you are" then he walked away.

Haha people like this can be annoying. Sometimes people just need to mind their own business and not worry about what you're doing with a little Lego bag.

Do you guys get strange looks from other customers at the local stores when you buy a cart full of Legos? Or is it just me? :)

Yup, all the time. I always get strange comments at checkout which I really don't know how to respond to. Like "you have some lucky kids" (I don't have kids) or "you must really like legos" or "someone must have a birthday coming up". Some times I just tell them the truth. That I am going to hang on to them for a while and then sell them on eBay. People usually question it when I am buying mutliples of the same set. I think they know what I am doing because it is obvious but they comment on it anyway.

Last year i was checking the clearance at a walmart store, because it was the end of the year deals and this couple had three full carts of toys... I wanted to ask them what they were doing but then I would be like those people who ask me. Thats why I like the self-checkouts - less questions.

Yup, all the time. I always get strange comments at checkout which I really don't know how to respond to. Like "you have some lucky kids" (I don't have kids) or "you must really like legos" or "someone must have a birthday coming up". Some times I just tell them the truth. That I am going to hang on to them for a while and then sell them on eBay. People usually question it when I am buying mutliples of the same set. I think they know what I am doing because it is obvious but they comment on it anyway.

When they say "You have some lucky kids" you should respond .. "Just the younger one. The older one, who's only 9, got caught drinking at school so this is his punishment - he has to watch his younger sibling open all these presents for no reason."

Yeah, one of these days I heard an excellent one: A guy bought 4 models of Ninjago Fire Temple, just because they were at 45% clearance discount and he mentioned at the counter: "If I don't get my 4 nephews the same toy they will complain on how one got a much better Lego than the other! And these are really cheap!!" Fact is toy shops gotta love Lego investors. And if you tend to go to the same shops because they do great discounts even better. They'll recognize a good customer :)

i have been buying a lot from shopko lately because of their good clearance sales. i get the exact same lady ringing me up every time. she doesn't give a crap. she did give me a funny look a couple of weeks ago, however when i had my father with me doing the purchasing so i could take advantage of their one day a month senior citizen 15% discount on top of their bogo and clearance sale prices. i had two carts overflowing with lego. when you are buying over $500 worth of sets that extra 15% is huge (an extra $75 off)!

LOL good one. I usually show up at shops dressed up for work which means either a suit or a nice shirt and jacket. They never looked at me funny or made any comments :D I even get to chat if there's a lady at the register. But I usually only ask for further discounts haha :D

I'm trying to honestly think if I ever received any odd looks at all....and I can say "No". Then again, I stopped caring about what other people think of what I do at all. I mean, unless I do something that is wrong and/or hurts someone else, then why should I or anyone for that matter care?

I do remember a couple of times at the checkout where a cashier made mention of my Lego's; nothing negative though. One of those was a young man and he thought it was kinda cool. He said something like "We all have our hobbies." The other was a lady and she even made mention of Lego being worth big money! Hmm, perhaps a fellow member here? The mind doth wonder.... ;-)

How about the shame of feeling CM bags? ;)

I've had two separate occasions where another customer saw me sitting on the floor smooshing away and each had asked me if I was an employee! Ha ha ha! Funny thing is I DID point them in the right direction. Why not? I certainly know the store well enough.

I was feeling minifigure bags at Target and another costumer came up to me and said "I don't think they want you opening those" and I said "I'm not" then he said "yes you are" then he walked away.

Ooooh, those kind annoy me. Don't bother with them; there is no way to get through them at all. It's like throwing a tiny hunk of dirt and expecting it to go through a brick wall. Nothing will change. Just do your own thing, have fun with it, and shrug off people like that.

I'm looking forward to the day when im buy thousands of dollars worth a visit :)

You and me both, friend!

I stopped caring what people thought of me after like middle school. I have fun with the lego looks and such and always make up some elaborate ridiculous story. Gotta have fun in life. On a similar note I'm big into music and when go hastings. Com does there 40 off all used cds thebpeople packing my order must think I'm ordering for ten different people when I'm ordering a punk record a Tegan and Sara record some chiddy bang nd maybe some djent crazy prog metal band. Lol