8110 - Mercedes-Benz Unimog U 400

glucapg

• 5 months later...

I picked up 8 today. Using the r rewards program. That was 25% off, double points. Got a $10 gift card for each and should be getting a $10 email gift card in email because it was in my wish list. Also bought 7 vampyre castles (same deals), also 4 helms deep same deal. They have 8 of the city mine that i passed on. Pretty awesome deal. I already had $90 in gift cards that i used as well. These transactions took forever.

So for anyone.interested this one of the few sets you can pick up at tru on saturday with your rewards cc for 30% off. In store price is 209-219. Less the 20% coupon and the 10% saturday CC discount. 1 coupon per item. I have a stack of the coupons from last month. A great set that i don't really see anywhere else, much less discounted 30% off.

I don't know if it means anything, but both the TRU's in my area have had 1 Unimog on their counter for a long time. The boxes are beat to hell though, so that's why I haven't bought them. I got the one decent box at a 10% discount because of some minor corner damage. But when I asked if they had any in the back, thinking maybe they only keep 1 or 2 of their higher priced items on the floor, they checked and when they looked it up, they told me that not only did they not have any in the back, but they didn't have any coming in in the next few weeks. I would guess this has seen the end of its run.

Personally, it's cool looking. But the Technic kit that I keep wanting to bust open and put together is the Logging Truck. That just looks more interesting to me. Of course, that's a lot of $ to have to eat, so I won't do it....

I had so many beyond what i needed i was handing them out to other customers yesterday. I bought all of the unimogs here in town that i could find. Total each excluding tax about $135.00. Picked up the last helms deep as well. With gift cards and coupons that one was $43.00. Abq tru are now empty of helms deep and unimogs. I have almost 20 vampyre castles that i paid 50-60 on average. What a great combo od coupons/discounts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also think this set will do exceptionally well. I have not heard anything further regarding Lego pneumatics, but last I heard Lego may be discontinuing them.  If that is the case, add the fact that this set has a relatively high number of pneumatic elements to the motley of reasons why this set may do well.....

• 4 weeks later...