8110 - Mercedes-Benz Unimog U 400

glucapg

All depends on what people want to personally get out of this. Some people make quick flips to try and get a small sum fast, others try and wait longer to make more money. Unimog is going to keep going up, no questions. It`s massive and is overall a fantastic set to build and use. It`s also different from many of the other Technic sets on the market, and offers a unique design and loads of features. Fan favourite among builders/collectors/hobbyists/etc. alike, I guess  :laugh:

For what it's worth, my opinions:

• With the Unimog you're on to a winner (sure, they were available for a short period with discount, but this set sold out across the country - this speaks volumes about its popularity and likely secondary market value!).  It's a Mercedes licensed product, has power functions, is MASSIVE and it's going to do well ;)
  • Most people think TB will make good profits based on previous Lego landmarks (Taj, Eiffel tower...), but who knows - this one has probably been hoarded more as a result (though this argument has flaws - people thought the FB was hoarded and it has nearly doubled in price just weeks after EOL...).  A used set for 50% off is nice if you're planning to build yourself, but what that will fetch on the second market I have no idea  (PS - regularly check Amazon.it, Amazon.fr and Amazon.es - a brand new TB in a sealed box can regularly be had for 190EUR delivered, which is about
  • Like 2

Keep in mind that unimog is OOS, and de-facto retired. GE is _probably_ retiring soon. With T1, there are no definite rumours

Exactly what I was thinking and why I posed the question. Love being able to get in on something retired even if its at retail. Guess I need to go re-read

When to Buy LEGO Sets: A Formula to Aid Decision Making

and actually apply it to my question (if i can figure it out :P

Exactly what I was thinking and why I posed the question. Love being able to get in on something retired even if its at retail. Guess I need to go re-read

When to Buy LEGO Sets: A Formula to Aid Decision Making

and actually apply it to my question (if i can figure it out :P

With unimog, check your local market condition. I feel somewhat safer having to buy at retail something that's about to retire and already scarce, if I can  break even right now after fees.

With unimog, check your local market condition. I feel somewhat safer having to buy at retail something that's about to retire and already scarce, if I can  break even right now after fees.

Great suggestion. Any Canadians sold any. I see one on Kijiji for 450 and one on ebay in Canada for 300. Thats it up north that I can find

• 2 weeks later...