Tru doing Bogo again next week

hxckid88

This is TRU's business model. They offer sets at a rough equivalent of 10% off after the markup, but you have to buy more to get the discount. Apparently it works for them. Or not, as the business has all sorts of problems, and that's just what they've disclosed publically.

The 8110 Technic Unimog is $210 and is eligible for the BOGO sale (well at least online)

I don't believe they were available for it last time, but I'm not sure.

Either way, I happily snagged a couple.

Unimog is a decent pick. They also have Technic 9398 which I believe is a TRU exclusive for retail (go figure), which brings it down to $150 (25% off RRP). Not bad.

Side note - looks like they jumped Friends 3185 to $120 for the sale. I think they only raised it to $109 for previous BOGOs.

Unimog is a decent pick. They also have Technic 9398 which I believe is a TRU exclusive for retail (go figure), which brings it down to $150 (25% off RRP). Not bad.

Side note - looks like they jumped Friends 3185 to $120 for the sale. I think they only raised it to $109 for previous BOGOs.

I'm pretty sure the Friends set was $120 last time as well.

9398 is solid.

It's been lower at Walmart and Amazon in the past, even at this BOGO price. This gets you to about $105 before tax, it was in the $90s around Christmas if I'm remembering my timeframe right.

I don't remember Amazon's price, but Walmart was $99.99. I have seen several posts here that people have been finding them on clearance at Walmart for less, but those are few and far between. Not a bad price if you don't own any.

EDIT - I had to add them individually to get them to show up in my cart.

Buying this set for $105-110 is still a pretty good deal. As stated before it was at Walmart and possibly Amazon in the $90-100 range last year around the holidays and I believe last summer/fall when there were some sales going on. Finding it for that cheap again may take some time and patience, so getting it for $105 isn't bad at all in my opinion.

Ran into my first in store deal ever - 2x of Technic 8109 Trucks and 1 train set (red cargo). I got a 4x4 technic to get the deal. The trucks were stuck way behind some creator houses. I asked the clerk if they had any more trains as I never see them in a TRU and she said they just cleared out a lot of items from storage and she was even surprised to see the train. This was TRU in Hickory NC - they still had a few hillside houses and some dino and cars items.