Game of Thrones in LEGO!

TheOrcKing

That is very cool, thanks for the link man. Some of those scenes are very well done.

No way Lego would do a GoT theme, goes completely against their policy of non-violence.

Because LOTR is anti violent lol

Or star wars... or prince of persia, or emmm everything except for Creator and Friends and some other lame sets.

Or star wars... or prince of persia, or emmm everything except for Creator and Friends and some other lame sets.

Different level of violence there dude. GoT is adult orientated (it even has nudity - something Lego would never touch), the violence is brutal and graphic. Those other themes you list have low level violence, no blood or gore, no real nasty stuff. There is plenty of official comment from Lego about their stance on this.

Different level of violence there dude. GoT is adult orientated (it even has nudity - something Lego would never touch), the violence is brutal and graphic. Those other themes you list have low level violence, no blood or gore, no real nasty stuff. There is plenty of official comment from Lego about their stance on this.

I thought movies are rated PG13 which makes the inappropriate for below teens children, and LEGO is for 6 + ... kinda contradicts themselves on their wannabe purity...

Plenty of blood is seen in LOTR, just like Star Wars (hand cutting off not gore/violence/blood???)

To me that is double standards...

I thought movies are rated PG13 which makes the inappropriate for below teens children, and LEGO is for 6 + ... kinda contradicts themselves on their wannabe purity...

Plenty of blood is seen in LOTR, just like Star Wars (hand cutting off not gore/violence/blood???)

To me that is double standards...

I don't think it's double standards at all. In fact I think the line is quite clear. There are plenty of examples on the Web of Lego stating their policy on this.

They don't do modern military, illegal activity (drugs etc so no BrBa for example), gore, nudity, or any other adult themes. Lego is a brand for children first and foremost and every set has to be suitable for kids (sure some sets for older kids, but still non-offensive). GoT is definitely outside those bounds.

Your examples don't cross that line. Where is the gore/blood in SW? The hand chop has no blood. Likewise LOTR - I'm struggling to recall any "gory" parts.

He is referring to the cantina scene where obi wan cuts the things arm off with his light Sabre there is some blood also some blood and gore in the wampa cave.

Exactly...

Not to mention people say everyone is a kid until he has his parents alive :P so by that definition LEGO has a huge base to cater to :P

I mean it is funny because Star Wars and LOTR is pure violence, ok sure not like chopping a horses head of like in GoT, but still like 60%+ of the movies from SW and LOTR are pure violence, seems funny LEGO approves violence with no blood yet everyone bleeds, even children...

Yep, a little bit of blood in those scenes, sure. But it is a very fast edit that doesn't really show much and for the majority of the movies guys get shot with laser blasters or chopped up with lightsabers and there is no gore at all. GoT on the other hand... Plus if you've read the books there is plenty more to come!

I agree with Grolim here. I am a GoT fan and am looking forward to Season 3 starting this Sunday! That said, the level of violence is markedly different between GoT and LOTR/Star Wars. Just no way I can see TLG doing GoT either. Obi-Wan cutting arm cut off is Disney compared to GoT. GoT got heaps of gore and sex in it (typical for a paid-subscription cable show).

Having guns in the star wars theme and not having guns in the police city theme is a bit contradictory don't ya think?? Like I said I don't care either way but let's not pretend there isn't a double standard when there clearly is. How much money would LEGO lose out on if they decided to not do stars wars because of the guns and violence? Its all about the Benjamin's.........

Having guns in the star wars theme and not having guns in the police city theme is a bit contradictory don't ya think?? Like I said I don't care either way but let's not pretend there isn't a double standard when there clearly is. How much money would LEGO lose out on if they decided to not do stars wars because of the guns and violence? Its all about the Benjamin's.........

Apples and oranges. Not talking about # of guns in Policy City theme vs Star Wars.

Talking about level of violence (gore, blood, etc), not to mention amount of sex in GoT vs Star Wars. Worlds apart.

Apples and oranges. Not talking about # of guns in Policy City theme vs Star Wars.

Talking about level of violence (gore, blood, etc), not to mention amount of sex in GoT vs Star Wars. Worlds apart.

Why would they need to give us nude minifigures? I am sure GoT would do far better than Atlantis or PoP did ;)

Huh? Where did I say anything entails nude minifigs? Who know what else goes on in that heads of yours... ;) I simply don't see TLG jumping onto something like Games of Thrones license compared to Star Wars, which was what others has brought up as a poor example of "contradictory", I'm simply pointing out that it's not really contradictory, the TV-MA (violence, sex) elements are definitely there.. it's nowhere on level of Star Wars. I just don't see TLG thinking parents are going to buy their kids GoT sets. Sure, TLG acknowledges AFOLs, but I believe their core focus is on the kids, not the AFOLs.

Huh? Where did I say anything entails nude minifigs? Who know what else goes on in that heads of yours... ;)

I simply don't see TLG jumping onto something like Games of Thrones license compared to Star Wars, which was what others has brought up as a poor example of "contradictory", I'm simply pointing out that it's not really contradictory, the TV-MA (violence, sex) elements are definitely there.. it's nowhere on level of Star Wars.

I just don't see TLG thinking parents are going to buy their kids GoT sets. Sure, TLG acknowledges AFOLs, but I believe their core focus is on the kids, not the AFOLs.

I think you underestimate kids these days... Just yesterday I seen little kiddo tell mom and dad what he wants and they bought it for him... they did not care if it was Friends, City, LOTR

Kids say what they want, and they usually want what looks good... If GoT looks good kids seeing it on shelf would want it aswell.

I think people overestimate the power of movie/series on purchases... or maybe my Country is special... I am yet to see a 10 year old kid knowing what Star Wars is and yet they pick the set up, because they find it cool, not because they seen the movie.

It would be the same with GoT

1st. GoT.... never going to happen. Wasting your breath. That's what makes the mocs so cool. 2nd. SW guns vs city cop guns... I think there is a clear line. TLG will not produce anything ORIGINAL with guns in them. Liscenced themes are fair game. To back this up look at minifig flesh tones. Themes can have appropriate skin colors for their characters like Mace Windu. However ORIGINAL themes will always maintain those pretty (and neutral) yellow faces. That way any and all kids can play with them regardless or country or creed.

Didn't take long for this thread to go on a wild tangent.

I understand how it looks like there is a lot of contradictions throughout the different themes of Lego but there is reasoning behind it.

Ever since the first TV shows and films of outer space and wild west there has been varying degrees of violence but not exceedingly so. Sure they had guns or blasters and on occasion did 'kill' someone but was there any blood? Nope. The guy got 'shot', keeled over and hit the floor. Boom, he's dead and that's the end of it. Nothing gory at all.

With Star Wars there wasn't any blood save for the Cantina scene of which I do vividly remember, but even then it wasn't that gory. The guy's arm just sort of fell off and was hollow for some reason. Storm Troopers got shot, made a grunt or yelp and feel over, but still no blood. It's the same kind of action found in those classic spaghetti westerns, which is why there was no problem putting all those guns into The Lone Ranger or older Western sets. They don't promote violence and in of itself not that violent or gory. A whole lot of shootin' going on and they just fall over, no blood.

I think that is why the Agents theme could have handguns. It was more secret agent/spy based action than plain straight up violence. Yes, I do think having the Police not bear arms is odd specially when I compare them to the aforementioned Agents, but I think this is one area where it would be wise to not have guns in the equation. Giving weapons to the cops promotes violence and makes them less kid friendly. In any case, it could make them look more like a militia.

The same thing can be applied for Castle and Lord of the Rings themes, swordplay can be gory but as far as TV standards go, it usually isn't. They swing their swords around for a bit until one guy runs through the other, the other then holds his side and does the "Ow, you got me!" routine, then falls over and that's it. No blood. And if there is, there is very little of it.

It is like comparing Apples & Oranges between Action & Violence, but there is reason behind the decision to not include guns in the City sets yet it's okay to have all those Jedi with their lightsabers. The one promotes violence while the other is play.

Didn't take long for this thread to go on a wild tangent.

I understand how it looks like there is a lot of contradictions throughout the different themes of Lego but there is reasoning behind it.

Ever since the first TV shows and films of outer space and wild west there has been varying degrees of violence but not exceedingly so. Sure they had guns or blasters and on occasion did 'kill' someone but was there any blood? Nope. The guy got 'shot', keeled over and hit the floor. Boom, he's dead and that's the end of it. Nothing gory at all.

With Star Wars there wasn't any blood save for the Cantina scene of which I do vividly remember, but even then it wasn't that gory. The guy's arm just sort of fell off and was hollow for some reason. Storm Troopers got shot, made a grunt or yelp and feel over, but still no blood. It's the same kind of action found in those classic spaghetti westerns, which is why there was no problem putting all those guns into The Lone Ranger or older Western sets. They don't promote violence and in of itself not that violent or gory. A whole lot of shootin' going on and they just fall over, no blood.

I think that is why the Agents theme could have handguns. It was more secret agent/spy based action than plain straight up violence. Yes, I do think having the Police not bear arms is odd specially when I compare them to the aforementioned Agents, but I think this is one area where it would be wise to not have guns in the equation. Giving weapons to the cops promotes violence and makes them less kid friendly. In any case, it could make them look more like a militia.

The same thing can be applied for Castle and Lord of the Rings themes, swordplay can be gory but as far as TV standards go, it usually isn't. They swing their swords around for a bit until one guy runs through the other, the other then holds his side and does the "Ow, you got me!" routine, then falls over and that's it. No blood. And if there is, there is very little of it.

It is like comparing Apples & Oranges between Action & Violence, but there is reason behind the decision to not include guns in the City sets yet it's okay to have all those Jedi with their lightsabers. The one promotes violence while the other is play.

But isn't it illogical to promote violence when the only logical outcome of Violence is blood and gore??? Even kids understand that at age of 8 or 9... They know if you swing with a knife at someone he will bleed ...

To me it is fun contradiction of allowing HUGE violence in a toy (they say) for kids and then go saints on cops when even a 10 year old kiddo can see a cop wearing firearm...

Hell we went with School to some huge event in elementary school and I got dressed up as a SOLDIER and got an assault rifle in my hands. I was 13...

Why dumb down children in a fake world instead of learn them what awaits them through LEGO toys :P You know Einstein says that 4th World War we shall swing swords and spears again...

I really don't know what answer you're looking for honestly. All I can say is regardless of real life or fantasy when it comes to kids or the general audience, there is a fine line between blood, guts, and gore and family friendly action. Look at the original He-Man cartoon as an example. He had a sword and tremendous strength, but no matter what Skeletor did, he never beat him up or even outright killed him despite having numerous chances to do so. Yes, it is fantastical and far from reality, but do we really want our kids to grow up watching something more along the lines of The Sopranos? It may be more optimistic but I'd rather my kid have fun and learn some morals from a friendly cartoon than an overrated drama. At least from He-Man or Thundercats or whatever, the kid will learn that violence is not the only way to solve problems.