The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

Nice. It would be cool to see Marvel mixed in with the DC, but I didn't notice any in that trailer. I am kinda tired though, so might have missed something.

You're not the only one. I didn't see any Marvel related characters either. I thought it was funny seeing some of the Lego NBA characters as well as a little odd. Didn't that expensive license expire years ago? I thought they couldn't use the basketball likenesses anymore.

You're not the only one. I didn't see any Marvel related characters either. I thought it was funny seeing some of the Lego NBA characters as well as a little odd. Didn't that expensive license expire years ago? I thought they couldn't use the basketball likenesses anymore.

Yeah, and it seemed like they were poking fun at themselves because the license was so old, and many of those players from those sets are now retired or on other teams, like Shaq, Vince Carter, etc.

Yeah, and it seemed like they were poking fun at themselves because the license was so old, and many of those players from those sets are now retired or on other teams, like Shaq, Vince Carter, etc.

Shaq Attack! :lol:

Sorry, it was the first thing that come to mind. Ugh, anyone remember the whole 'Shaq' phase where everything had to have Shaq this, Shaq that, Shaq, Shaq, and more Shaq. They even made a fighting game called Shaq Fu! They might as well just have written on the cover "Shaq says buy this game, f**k you!". To be fair, the game did look nice.

Ha ha, I remember renting that game for the SNES and it was awful. It was like a horrible wannabe Street Fighter II with stiff animation, horrid control, uninspired characters, and reeked of the mid-90's. Shaq wore a pair of oversized striped shorts reminiscent of "MC Hammer pants" if I remember correctly.

Ha ha, I remember renting that game for the SNES and it was awful. It was like a horrible wannabe Street Fighter II with stiff animation, horrid control, uninspired characters, and reeked of the mid-90's.

Yeah, it looked okay graphics wise and had some smooth animation but everything else reeked. Even the Angry Video Game Nerd agrees. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kQEMs0KSHg

Shaq wore a pair of oversized striped shorts reminiscent of "MC Hammer pants" if I remember correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

I could be wrong but I doubt any sets will come from this movie. They all stand alone.

I don't know about sets since everything there is currently existing or has been done, but what about the exclusive minifigure that comes with the DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack when the time for home release comes about? Hmm....who shall it be? :scratchhead:

• 4 weeks later...

As long as they don't do anything lame like the Mr. Gold with the 16 CMF for the movie, I will collect them.

Oh my, yes! It would just grind my gears if they did another super-rare-exclusive-no-one-has-any-real-hope-of-finding-in-the-first-place character.

On that note, I'm awkward on the thought of store exclusives for a good amount of the sets.

The set looks great too! Here's to hoping that the Wild West brings back Legoredo!

If the other designs are within the same league, I am anxiously waiting with such antici........pation.

(And there was my brief Rocky Horror referance. Good night, everbody! :D)

Guest idunno101

There's supposed to be a set reveal on Saturday at Comic Con for this theme. I'm not sure if they're going to show several or all of the sets for this theme, or if they'll just show off the set pictured at the beginning of this topic.

According to Animato Studios webpage:

LEGO just posted a press release stating that 17 new sets, apparel, and a video game will be released next year to tie into the release of The LEGO Movie (which comes out in February of 2014). A picture of one of the upcoming sets was also provided (which can be seen below). The entire press release is at the end of this post but just in case you don't have time to read it all here are a few highlights:

1. We will get 17 new sets.
2. Those sets will vary in theme ("Wild West", "Space", "City", etc.) indicating that we will see many different LEGO places in the film.
3. An entire Minifig Series will be dedicated to the film featuring characters and possibly older "classic" figures (e.***. 1980 Space Man).
4. A video game made by Traveler's Tales will also be released featuring 15 levels and over 90 characters.
5. Several other companies have contracted with LEGO to produce lots of different types of merchandise such as clothing, clocks, stationary, bags, and storage containers.

The+LEGO+Movie+Set+1.jpg

Source: http://animatostudios.blogspot.com/2013/07/new-sets-to-be-based-on-lego-movie.html

i did not see any discussion about it or was this overlooked? The news is back from 16th July so thats pretty old....

17 sets sounds enormous....

According to Animato Studios webpage:

The+LEGO+Movie+Set+1.jpg

Source: http://animatostudios.blogspot.com/2013/07/new-sets-to-be-based-on-lego-movie.html

i did not see any discussion about it or was this overlooked? The news is back from 16th July so thats pretty old....

17 sets sounds enormous....

Alcarin caught at his own game! haha  :thumbsup:

Yeah, we had a discussion about it a while ago, I'm not sure if it has it's own thread though? I will give it a look and see what I can find.  I know about the Wild West, and all I can say to that is FORT LEGOREDO PLEASE!!!! (I am shouting that, as I never had it as a kid, and it might be the one set like that where I would actually "play" with :yes:  )

• Like 1