The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

Those. Are. Awesome!!!!!! Very unique, very clever sets. I`d love to see the box art that will accompany them. Wow, very well designed all of them. Much better then all the remakes we keep seeing, namely City and Starwars. Finally something from next years sets that is really good  :thumbsup:

Very, very nice sets there. Thanks for sharing, everyone! I really like the CM's that I've seen so far for the movie. There's a panda there, that will definitely fit in with the other animal suit people. Of course, at this point, a Transformers-esk Fire Truck and an Ice Cream truck gone wrong don't really make sense, but I'm sure it will all fit together with the movie's release. Just hope there aren't any other big movies released around the same time to ruin the box office potential. 

Guest eightbrick

Here's a new set that LEGO just revealed:

metalbeard.jpg?l.r=-1941787008

Head on over to the site to see more pictures.

Ah, yes I thought we would be getting that pirate mech from the teaser. Is that a new tranq gun I see?

Guest eightbrick

Excellent pics guys, really pumped for this! Just wish they gave us Emmet's apartment from the trailer. That would make a nice half modular and drag some design-hungry AFOLs into the line.

Guest eightbrick

I believe that part is from the Dino theme.

I know about that one it looks different to me. Might be just their photo editing but it definitely looks different:

99809.jpg?1

I guess we'll see.

EDIT: The pics from the other set confirm it, it's shorter and the front is slanted. Is that another new piece connecting the 4L brown bar on the glider? Looks pretty useful if it is! (Loving that glider BTW... it seems they are really going along with the build-a-vehicle theme established with the 2 minute video contest - I'll see if I can dig up a link for that one):

70800-1.jpg

EDIT AGAIN (SORRY!): Here's the link to the contest winners (I believe the top winner will be featured in the movie itself somehow): http://rebrick.lego.com/en-US/BottomMenu/Blog/05232013-winners-of-lego-movie-competition.aspx

The winner was Gorgy wants a horse from Brotherhood workshop (known for their LOTR flicks):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUWtZ488ILg

Guest eightbrick

Eightbrick, I am seeing quite a few new or slightly altered parts for The Lego Movie sets. The Robo Sheriff appears to have a new hat and moustache part. Course there may just be older parts in a different color.

Yep, the theme's a goldmine :D

I know about that one it looks different to me. Might be just their photo editing but it definitely looks different:

99809.jpg?1

I guess we'll see.

EDIT: The pics from the other set confirm it, it's shorter and the front is slanted. Is that another new piece connecting the 4L brown bar on the glider? Looks pretty useful if it is! (Loving that glider BTW... it seems they are really going along with the build-a-vehicle theme established with the 2 minute video contest - I'll see if I can dig up a link for that one):

70800-1.jpg

Good eye. That is a new gun piece. However I'm confused on what brown bar you're talking about? The 4L lightsaber blade? I did notice the grey piece that's connected to the bar opposite end of the chain looks like a new piece. Almost a opposite piece to http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=48729.

Eightbrick, I am seeing quite a few new or slightly altered parts for The Lego Movie sets. The Robo Sheriff appears to have a new hat and moustache part. Course there may just be older parts in a different color.

Dude, I didn't notice the 'stache was not printing. Pretty sweet.

Guest eightbrick

Good eye. That is a new gun piece. However I'm confused on what brown bar you're talking about? The 4L lightsaber blade? I did notice the grey piece that's connected to the bar opposite end of the chain looks like a new piece. Almost a opposite piece to http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=48729.

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. It might just be an adapter for that piece you linked so you can attach two bars (actually that would be more useful IMO). I think most of us can honestly say we are majorly excited for this! :)

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. It might just be an adapter for that piece you linked so you can attach two bars (actually that would be more useful IMO). I think most of us can honestly say we are majorly excited for this! :)

I think the bar is a separate piece from the grey piece, but I think the grey piece is an all new piece that has a hook on one side and a male rather than a female end (part 49729).

LEGO Shop at Home has some sets up from The Lego Movie. They aren't available until January but I'm curious what people think of them.

I don't mean be rude if you are excited about them but the sets all look like visual garbage to me.  I don't think they will sell well.  Seems like a vanity project by Lego.