The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

I wasn't aware that there was a difference.......not sarcasm.

I think there is - usually in terms of marketing, as well as plot. Using Toy Story as an example, there are a load of references that adults will get; eg the Jurassic Park moment. This would go over the head of most 8 year olds, but would not stop them enjoying the movie. And when they grow up they can re-watch it and get a whole new appreciation.

Now movies just for "kids" do not usually have the "extras" that adults will appreciate. These movies have become less common in the past decade and not having kids myself I am struggling to think of many examples. The only one that springs to mind is Garfield - cos I have seen it - there is nothing in this movie that would apply to anyone over 8 (and that may be too higher age), it was a pity as I loved the cartoon strips as an early teen. Another one that has sprung to mind whilst writing this is Alvin & the Chipmunks - I have not seen it but I have listened to reviews.

Of course its all to do with personal taste :)

In the news feed from a couple of sources, I have found various 'character' trailers for The Lego Movie.

Emmet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceDFQpoOV-c

Wyldstyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxHIOGIiz98

President Business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYv-xrTXhPE

Metal Beard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJqh5NNySl0

Batman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UdPFU1eAlI

Guest eightbrick

Thanks, TOK! Sort of ironic that they decided to make Octan, the oil company, the bad guys. I mean, Lego is made from oil...

Interesting character choices too, the bumbling, and oblivious hero (well I guess that can be expected), the karate master girl named after a type of graffiti, an Exo-Force pirate dude and the evil businessman (who has a striking resemblance to that newspaper guy from Spiderman).

Thanks, TOK! Sort of ironic that they decided to make Octan, the oil company, the bad guys. I mean, Lego is made from oil...

I was just thinking looking at this year's Grand Prix Transporter and the next one's racecar set that Lego needs to come out with another 'mock brand' somewhere in their City line. You can't exactly have a bunch of the same sponsored cars racing each other on the track.

Another set has been revealed:

Looks very... vibrant. Enjoy!

Oh my god....it's Hello Kitty!!!! :frantics::laugh:

Lovin' those vibrant colors. Man, those are going to be some rare parts. Totally dig the build of the sunshine lollipop and these robo drones (or whatever they will be called). Now excuse me while I prepare a formal apology for my wallet next year. :P

That's a little creepy with a splash of Candy Crush Saga..

I was thinking Sugar Rush from Wreckit Ralph

Either way is all good, but I was also thinking the same thing.

I'm hoping for that double decker couch to be in a set :P

Haha. Me too in a quirky way. ;)

Guest eightbrick

The architecture looks a bit like the stadium/cloud location thing in the trailer where he has a chat with Morgan Freeman, with all the arches and puffy cloud pieces. By the way, is this an extended trailer or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ_JOBCLF-I

Guest eightbrick

Whoa! That's one strange set (well I guess all the sets we see are going to be strange until we watch the movie and understand what is going on). Seems like they're trying to do a different theme in each set (Alpha Team/Agents style for this one I guess?). And then there is the mega-rich Lord Business' hair. I know you guys were all thinking of this, so I'll put it out there:

Donald_Trump_1106836c.jpg

Connect the parallels, anyone? :D

Brickset has a bunch of sets in their database now on the front page.  I'm not sold that I'll be investing in any of these. It might be another Galaxy Squad to me.  I do think Chima is picking up a little steam, since it's all I hear parents and grandparents talking about in the Lego aisle.