60010 - Fire Helicopter

emes

I have from a fairly good source (not a LEGO store employee) that 60010 is being discontinued because of build issues. http://search2.lego.com/?q=60010〈=2057&cc=US Just a heads up...I've been in several Targets, Wal-Marts, and LEGO stores over the last several days, and haven't seen one of these on shelves. On Amazon they appear to only be from 3rd party sellers at the moment.

I never saw this set show up at local stores. I did see a cardboard display they had for it at Target but the Fire Plane 4209 was in its place. I just figure it is a new set and hasn't showed up yet. Only time will tell if there is more going on with this set. I wouldn't imagine that they would discontinue it but rather fix the issues and get the updated version out. But who knows.

I have from a fairly good source (not a LEGO store employee) that 60010 is being discontinued because of build issues.

......You're kidding me.

Ugh, I saw this set on Target shelves like once or maybe twice but didn't pick it up cause there were other sets on discount. Argh!

Is there any chance of it just getting reworked, have the bugs fixed out, and rerelease it?

Or are they going to discontinue it entirely?

......You're kidding me.

Ugh, I saw this set on Target shelves like once or maybe twice but didn't pick it up cause there were other sets on discount. Argh!

Is there any chance of it just getting reworked, have the bugs fixed out, and rerelease it?

Or are they going to discontinue it entirely?

I'm told discontinued, but I'm always skeptical. I think there is a chance it could be reworked and re-released, which should still mean that the original might be a decent pick.

I'm told discontinued, but I'm always skeptical. I think there is a chance it could be reworked and re-released, which should still mean that the original might be a decent pick.

True to both parts. This reminds me of the same scenario with the Shuttle Adventure/Expedition set.

The reason I have a tough time believing it will be discontinued is that it is still for sale at S@H. If there was an issue with it then I would think S@H would be the first place to stop selling it.

That's a good point. The page is there and it's still very available. The only real thing I've noticied is that this set is sold out from just about every Target. Course at Target, the set is listed for $34.99 not the regular $39.99 at Shop-at-Home. Still way too much for a set with only 232 pieces.

Hmm, just built this set on with my son, it was an Easter gift. I only noticed a few drawbacks, nothing major. The top of the white oil container falls off easily and the tail rudder needs to be secured a little better (which I noticed with other small helicopter sets). Other than that, I like how set looks, the play factor is great with the hook that pulls and retracts, and it nice that it has wheels on it to push around easily.

Hmm, just built this set on with my son, it was an Easter gift. I only noticed a few drawbacks, nothing major. The top of the white oil container falls off easily and the tail rudder needs to be secured a little better (which I noticed with other small helicopter sets). Other than that, I like how set looks, the play factor is great with the hook that pulls and retracts, and it nice that it has wheels on it to push around easily.

That sounds about normal with the tail rudder and I can see why the gas tank top comes off easily, there really isn't anything holding it down. It just sort of rests on top of the two container walls. Maybe that's the cause of a possible redesign or it could be the new winch piece is not functioning properly.