Trains - general discussion

Seifer

White train looks very different from the current red train and both are very collectible, though think that red train goes better for christmas tree.

Don't quite like the blue cargo train. Like the current yellow one better because I prefer yellow train as it looks more striking and the shape of the yellow locomotive is nicer.

Looks like time to stock up on 7938 and 7939?

Were these taken with a spy camera? I admit something is better than nothing but the guy could use some basic photography lessons. Well, for what little is there to be seen I do like the blue train I guess.

Confirmation we have two new ones is also a potential warning that the death knell will be coming to the previous trains. 

White train looks very different from the current red train and both are very collectible, though think that red train goes better for christmas tree.

Don't quite like the blue cargo train. Like the current yellow one better because I prefer yellow train as it looks more striking and the shape of the yellow locomotive is nicer.

Looks like time to stock up on 7938 and 7939?

They do look similar, but I think the blue will do just fine - I think I prefer it?  (from the grainy photo)

• 3 weeks later...

Very exciting! That blue set is going to be phenomenal in a city display with the other sets.

I think this also means we're going to see the bottom fall out on one of the most profitable sets of all time (7936).

I'd buy the passenger train just for the level crossing pieces. Never could bring myself to buy it and now for the same price you can get a PF train with the crossing. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

It might be too early to know for sure how these trains will impact past sets. I could envision a scenario where the blue cargo train ends up enhancing the value of the red cargo train, since they are similar, but distinct enough to fit very well together.

Anyways, speaking as a LEGO train collector, the blue train wouldn't make me want the red one any less.

Train collectors tend to want to own all the train sets. You buy one, get the bug, and suddenly you have to have them all.

The only exception might be the 7897 now. If I didn't already own one, I wouldn't pay the prices being asked for the 7897, with this spiffy new version (of practically the same train) on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

What is the Lego set to the left at 15 second in on that train video?  Looks like a 3-in-1 Creator set.  Is this a set that we've already seen photos of?  Or something new coming, I can't tell what it is, looks like some sort of building.  Could be a glimpse of 31026 Bicycle Shop & Caf

Ah!  My bad.

I didn't know what Rich was talking about before either until I went back to watch the clip carefully around the timeslot he mentioned then something caught my eye in the corner. I went to Youtube, picked the highest possible resolution, went full screen, took a shot, and here we are. :)