Trains - general discussion

Seifer

Guest ph4tb0i

lol it's a train thread so horizon express of of course...

Thinking of buying more and selling the loco just to get more coaches too. it's a beautiful train next to the emerald night and ICE train. 

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm sat on the fence here deciding whether to sell 5 job lots of the following as "The Ultimate Train Collection" now for say,

Guest ph4tb0i

I really doubt the new trains would hurt the old ones value. With trains (and planes) collectors will always seek to add to their collection, not chuck the old one out. 

In my opinion, you need:

2 of them to build a complete train (who wants a TGV with no arse end?)

Track

Power functions

Don't get me totally wrong... It's a nice looking train but, I think it represents poor value considering that you can buy a "complete" 7938 often discounted for less.  Therefore, I'm passing on Horizon Express.  More for you then. ;-)

I am indeed surprised that Lego did not do that (add extra engine and more track) in context of 5003540 kit... Though price-wise it would become a death star of a train set...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

I can't imagine what the UK prices will be like.  Thanks, not as good as I first thought so I now feel better about my 7938s and 7939s.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems early to be seeing them so yes I think there could be some quick money to be made. Anytime there is scarcity there is usually some markup to be had.  But don't quote me on it.  I am surprised TRU is allowed to put things out so early, and at MSRP with the possibility of applying coupons, rewards etc. I would buy one if I could locally for MSRP.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

These trains are my favorite.  With the shelf life they will undoubtably get I'm jumping at 20-25% off.  Buy now and enjoy them longer.  I don't think they will see bigger discounts.

I want a bigger discount than that.  I pay RRP -40% tops.

New train sets available at LEGO Shop@Home via TheBrickFan

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Train-Station-60050

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/High-speed-Passenger-Train-60051

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Cargo-Train-60052

I also wonder when we'll see the next Creator Train set... Considering we got 9 sets with a train within the span of just 4 years, excluding these, my guess would be late 2014 or early 2015. Some may not consider the Ghost Train to be an actual train though, so really only 8 trains that could easily be motorized but only 5 with official instructions from LEGO, 3 that came with both the PF and Track, and another coming with just the track.

Ahh... the old speculation train. Ha.

I do hope the next train has a better looking front end compared to the Horizon Express, didn't really care for it.

• Like 1