60026 - Town Square

redeemed763

I'm still very surprised that they put a bus and a pizza shop in this set when they just did it for City Corner (7641). I wonder if this will devalue City Corner now that there's overlap... hmmm....

You're not kidding. This Town Square set looks like an almost exact remake of City Corner (the statue, construction crane vehicle, and small tractor being the exceptions).

Like others have said, very early days on investment predictions for this one. That said I think demand will be decently high. Top theme, plenty of minifigs, playability, display potential, uniqueness, and the potential for multiple sales as people use it in large city layouts. Supply will be the key to future prices - time will tell on that one.

I was thinking of Homer at the time. :) It's a "doh" because that was not the plan. I was supposed to buy something near EOL not something that may be in production for another few years. I am planning to visit the local lego store this weekend. Last time I did I planned to buy a VW Camper and walked out with a Tower Bridge! I predict another Doh moment!

Got it, I was yanking your chain, I have been looking diligently for 10226 on sale but the best I have been able to do is 5% off, I would be pretty thrilled with one at 20% off. Your right though, the camper is the bigger priority right now and that one is equally hard to find on sale, I did grab one for 20% off a few weeks ago but they didn't have any more.

• 3 months later...

I saw the new town square set at Lego today and have to say I was impressed with the entire set. I have not considered investing in city sets that much but I like all the new sets that just hit the shelves at the lego store and might grab a few for myself... Anyone else have an opinion on this set? Anyone bought it yet and built it?

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Town-Square-60026

I think this is a great set.  Should do well as an investment if it doesn't stick around at retail for too long.  I'm actually tempted to open one personally and build it with the kids, but that might lead down the whole city landscape I'm trying to avoid... :D

I think this is a great set.  Should do well as an investment if it doesn't stick around at retail for too long.  I'm actually tempted to open one personally and build it with the kids, but that might lead down the whole city landscape I'm trying to avoid... :D

Those cityscapes take up LOTS of space. My brosef and I collected a lot of City sets as kids and built cities that would take the entire floor space. We had so many road plates it was insane.

I remember when the first pictures of this showed up and it was doubled up, so there were 2 pizza places and 2 bike shops, it looked great.  They also had a very nice gas station included with it.  Unfortunately, the service station didn't end up happening, it looked really good and would be great for those that have Lego towns in their basement.  This set should do well, as the other like sets have done well i.e. City Corner.