4204 - The Mine

M4x18

By the way my seal codes are 42s4 so there has been a recent production run. Is it done now, though?

It's sold out, not retired. But yes I think you can consider it's done. There were some discounts on LEGO Shop at Home, meaning you-know-what.

The 2012 City - Mining sets will be (sort of) replaced by the 2015 City - Demolition sets (# 60072, 60073, 60074, 60075, 60076).

When reaching EOL, recent seals are from the last production run to fulfill retailers backorders. It's "sold out" on LEGO Shop at Home, so this 42S4 run is dedicated to retailers.

Edited by biniou
  • Like 1

It's sold out, not retired. But yes I think you can consider it's done. There were some discounts on S@H, meaning you-know-what.

The 2012 City - Mining sets will be (sort of) replaced by the 2015 City - Demolition sets (# 60072, 60073, 60074, 60075, 60076).

When reaching EOL, recent seals are from the last production run to fulfill retailers backorders. It's "sold out" on S@H, so this 42S4 run is dedicated to retailers.

I'm hoping folks who buy the new sets will also want to the 2014 sets, since some of the items are unique, like "The Mine".

I'm hoping folks who buy the new sets will also want to the 2014 sets, since some of the items are unique, like "The Mine".

Yep that's what I was refering to some posts before: "the new 2015 construction theme will help"

For people who want something different than the 60076 Demolition site (or want another "big" city playset with workers), the 4204 will be a "second best" set.

It seems like this is flying off the shelves at record speeds. Just last week, I've seen them plentifully stocked at many shops, and now it seems to be completely vanished. Out of 6 stores with plentiful stock last week, spread over both northern and southern Germany, only one had a single item left yesterday (which I bought, didn't have any and desperately wanted one for myself).

Cheapest online I found was 105

True. I see one on ebay Germany for 100 euro shipped now. 

I can still find them around. Time to buy I guess. Still did not get to it. Have zero still.

Waste of time (low profits) if you can have them at RRP. Ebay + paypal fees (and packing) will drop the deal.

I can see this set being sold next year around 130