Where does your Target put clearance Lego?

nolanfan34

General question. I am always surprised by how consistent Target generally is - for the most part I can walk into any store and the toy aisle layout is very consistent. That being said, as I haven't been good about hunting down clearance deals until discovering this site, I don't see a clearance area in most stores similar to Walmart's "aisle of crap" model. Where do you go to look for clearance Lego at Target? I always see seasonal clearance to check for Poly's, but haven't noticed other sets on clearance yet. In the toy section, or look somewhere else?

Target stores around here had a clearance aisle for the toys after Christmas which lasted a couple months. It was an entire aisle at the very end of the toy area. However once this was gone I haven't seen any clearance stuff since so I'm not sure where they put it once it goes to clearance. Maybe they keep it in the same LEGO aisle or maybe move it to the end of the aisle. This is a good question. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Asked Target employee the other night. Clearance aisle around holidays, other than that, just aisle caps which usually DO NOT include Lego sets folks here at BrickPicker are looking for. Sometimes red label on box, but still in the Lego aisle. My local experience in NY.

lately i have been finding a few clearance items(not just lego) on their back endcaps in the toy section. last week i found 6 cement mixers for $14 each. i used the red card for an additional 5% off. i have 2 targets in my city, and finding clearance lego in them is rare unless it's the day after xmas.

Same thing happened with my mom, she asked me if i wanted any of them.....I say that I don't care about harry potter and its a dumb movie series.....she says ok and buys one of everything and two trains for my brother......Found them recently in the garage in MISB, all i could say is wow.........

.......finding clearance lego in them is rare unless it's the day after xmas.

I've been meaning to ask the question, "When is the very best time of year to shop for clearance Lego?" Is it the day after Christmas? Do stores really mark/move items to clearance the very next day? Is there any better time to shop for clearance?

Target puts all of their clearance on the back end caps... The ones that are on the opposite side of the main aisles in the store... You have to walk those secondary inside aisles to find them. Twice a year they will do a toy clearance event where they fill up about 2 aisles with toy clearance. This is done towards the end of the Summer and after Christmas. My wife used to work there and this is the general way most targets do it.

I've been meaning to ask the question, "When is the very best time of year to shop for clearance Lego?" Is it the day after Christmas? Do stores really mark/move items to clearance the very next day? Is there any better time to shop for clearance?

walmart usually does. target is hit or miss from my personal experience.

My experiences with Target clearance is usually the 2 months after Christmas. Immediately after Christmas I usually see sets for 25% off, some maybe 30%. A few weeks after though, we see 50%+ off. I am not really sure about the summer because I don't go to Targets during the summer (rather spend my summer vacation doing other stuff!). At my local Targets (5 of them), we get maybe 1-2 sets on clearance after Christmas, typically a polybag or something. Beyond that, the clearance aisle is severely lacking.

The Target clearance sections of stores in my town is pretty weak in comparison to Wal-Mart. The Targets usually only have a bare looking endcap with very little available. Most Wal-Mart stores have a full aisle of toy clearance. However, Lego is nowhere to be seen at either franchise. Walmart actually had some City polybags last time but they only marked them off like 50 cents from the original price.

The Targets usually only have a bare looking endcap with very little available. Most Wal-Mart stores have a full aisle of toy clearance.

Crap...Chicago really needs a Walmart that sells toys. I would invest in other toys, except I don't have the mula to do so. Other toys are probably quick-flippers, so it is easier to sell those fast for ca$**** flow.

Target stores around here had a clearance aisle for the toys after Christmas which lasted a couple months. It was an entire aisle at the very end of the toy area. However once this was gone I haven't seen any clearance stuff since so I'm not sure where they put it once it goes to clearance.

This is exactly how it was at my Target. Right after Christmas there was a whole aisle for clearanced toys. It even said "Toy Clearance" I think. It lasted through January but disappeared into February. My Target has a general area for discounted items but it's mostly food stuffs and lawn care products.

Crap...Chicago really needs a Walmart that sells toys. I would invest in other toys, except I don't have the mula to do so. Other toys are probably quick-flippers, so it is easier to sell those fast for ca$**** flow.Most of the stuff in Wal-Marts clearance right now actually doesn't look too good for investment, at least the ones around me. Maybe the Mega Bloks World of Warcraft sets could see some gain because of the WOW license, but I don't know. But the aisle was littered with stuff that I personally hope I never see again, such as the Kung Zhu Hamster stuff, some really poorly modeled generic Batman toys, barbie doll rip-offs, Wreck-It-Ralph figures, and some other stuff I wouldnt think kids would really care for. I guess I like Wreck-It-Ralph as a film, but I wouldn't want to own toys of the characters, Ralph's appearance is pretty generic.

• 4 months later...