Amazon UK has 7938 for 59.98 GBP .....4204 The Mine for 41% OFF!

Guest ph4tb0i

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I've never been charged additional fees.

We won't really know until 2-4 weeks after delivery with UPS.

For my CA to USA Queen Anne's, UPS charged me a few weeks later.

My gut tells me Amazon is diff than ordering from other companies especially mom and pop stores :)

Guest AnnexBrett

just got my 3 boxes. 2 with 2 trains each. 1 with 2 mines. all three had taxes + $10/box for brokerage. Starting to hate Canada more and more...

I stopped ordering from them completely. After I called CS twice and email etc, about to add a note to my account that I want regular postal service not ups. They said they cannot do that... I said I will find my LEGO source somewhere else...They said OK go ahead! CS is far away from the -100%customer satisfaction - blabla!

This is how me and amazon.co.uk parted ways!

Guest ph4tb0i

I stopped ordering from them completely. After I called CS twice and email etc, about to add a note to my account that I want regular postal service not ups. They said they cannot do that... I said I will find my LEGO source somewhere else...They said OK go ahead! CS is far away from the -100%customer satisfaction - blabla!

This is how me and amazon.co.uk parted ways!

Send a follow up letter to Amazon. If it's Indian customer service they're a bunch of useless tools that just read off a screen. I had a problem with damaged sets (3 trains/2 stations).. pretty much had to bargain with Apu over the internet for a good half an hour to get a good partial refund. Explained to Amazon on a follow email that I did not appreciate being treated as if I was buying in a flea market and they gave me an even bigger partial refund (once it got re-routed back to non-outsourced customer service).

• 2 weeks later...

My two 7938 Passenger Trains and 4204 City Mine were delivered in a box that was in shambles, split down the sides, and crudely taped back together on one side with painters tape (I assume by UPS).  I could see the trains through openings in the box.  It was shipped with a little brown packing paper, which is typical of Amazon.  All 3 items had some creasing and crinkling to the boxes.  I decided to chat with customer service.  They did offer me a 20% discount on the entire order, so I feel better about this purchase.  The original discounts were significant anyway, but I decided to give it a shot.   It only took about 10 minutes and was much better than my other option to ship them back to the UK.

I received my order of 2 VC's a couple days ago through DHL/Canada Post and they were pretty demolished. Both were packaged in a box that fit them tight with zero packaging. I'm not to happy with Amazon's joke of packaging job. Since these were meant as investments I'll most likely be shipping them back. How had Amazon not learned from their mistakes, do they claim it with the shipper every time?

My 7937 Train Stations arrived yesterday from Amazon.co.uk, which were $33 each.  The outer box looked like it had been dropped, busted, and retaped shut.  Surprisingly when I opened it up, they were wrapped up real tight in packing and were in great condition.  Maybe they learned from the last time when they had to refund me 20% on my two passenger trains they shipped to me earlier in the month.

well this sucks ... emailed them about my missing package and they responded that it has been lost! what! but they issued me a full refund ... oh well ... but if does show up down the line .... hmmmmmm ... hopefully it will eventually make it to my door step after traveling the world to get to me!