Amazon UK has 7938 for 59.98 GBP .....4204 The Mine for 41% OFF!

Guest ph4tb0i

Guest AnnexBrett

I'm still confused on whether I will have to pay when this arrives. I'm in the US. Sounds like it depends on the carrier? I likely wouldn't be home during the day when it would be delivered, so seems like a hassle.

Have you ordered from outside the US?

The courier is UPS/ FEDEX or other non-government shipper?

Than yes you most likely will be charged the brokage fees mentioned earlier! If you are not home dont worry they wont release the item until payment cleared- they will stick a note on your door- you can make the payment via phone or online with the tracking number, next day the parcel will be on your porch to enjoy your LEGO!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not EOL yet, they still sell it at LEGO Shop at Home . I remember last month when it went out of stock with an available shipping date. Sometimes Brickset misinterprets that as EOL. It's available to ship now.

I ordered a passenger train and summer riding camp before, and those were shipped via UPS and got over the pond in 3 days. Boxes were mint condition. Of course, I only ordered those one at a time, so I don't know how they are going to do the shipping now as I ordered 2 passenger trains and 2 train stations.

BTW UPS: did you get charged for duties, brokage, etc? When I received my VC's it costed me $30 extra coz of that...

How, you had to pay UPS when they arrived? Or it was added to your checkout cost? Mine said nothing for VAT.

Yes I paid upon delivery for brokage, straight to the UPS. They wont release the shippment until payment done via phone, etcetc. Strange part I never asked to be shipped by UPS, amazon just did it, sadly...

Interesting, you in the US? I did not factor that into the cost of the item. Did everyone else account for that?

On one of the eight or so shipments I've ordered from amazon.co.uk, they shipped via UPS (instead of CanadaPost) and I was charged $42 for two Summer Riding Camps. A furious letter to Amazon.co.uk got me a full $42 credited to my credit card. I advised them that shipping with certain carriers is pretty stupid (as most people shop from amazon to pay LESS, silly Mr. Amazon) and I've ordered since then without this happening. If I have to pay to get these, I'll definitely be writing another email and as long as they keep refunding the UPS charges, I'll keep ordering.

If we all keep complaining about UPS (at least in Canada - not sure about other countries) then perhaps we can get a solid policy change. CanadaPost delivers these boxes to me free of charge -wait time is 2-3 weeks longer - but that shouldn't be an issue for an investor willing to wait months/years to turn a profit!

If you're on the fence, give this a go!

Email sent about shipping practices via UPS... lets see!

Here's hoping they treat you as nicely as they treated me! Let me know how it turns out. Despite this hassle (which has been one of eight deliveries) it is still much cheaper and worth it compared to CAN. retail prices...even CAN sales. If you can get Amazon to help you out with the brokerage fees, all the sweeter!

Guest ph4tb0i

Cheers for this.

My stock for flipping had greatly diminished so it was time to accumulate a few more.

I really do need to ensure I keep one for myself.

I got another 2 but one of them is to open so I can finally complete a 5-car 7938 train. grr, decisions DECISIONS!

Guest ph4tb0i

I will have 6 when my order kicks in, but I keep selling them off. Might have to order an extra 5 on my wife's account.

You convinced me to get another 3.. >_>

Guest ph4tb0i

I'm surprised more people didn't order the train station though. It's a pretty good price after the shipping/tax is factored in, and it seems to have some good potential to it.

Guest ph4tb0i

Well I just got burned by Amazon UK. Their "nice" shipping has now given me 2 7938s with creases on the box, one majorly wrinkled 7937, and one 7937 that has been opened! FML.... Update: Just somehow negotiated with the nice outsourced indian support for 40GBP off. Damaged but oh well. should still be in sellable condition given the price I got these at... *sigh*

Well I just got burned by Amazon UK. Their "nice" shipping has now given me 2 7938s with creases on the box, one majorly wrinkled 7937, and one 7937 that has been opened! FML....

Update: Just somehow negotiated with the nice outsourced indian support for 40GBP off. Damaged but oh well. should still be in sellable condition given the price I got these at... *sigh*

I just Bougjt 4 :(

Guest ph4tb0i

I have gotten 8 Vampire Castle's From Amazon UK, 4 seperate Boxes they all came mint condition, the boxes were thick and really taper up. And Mine had DHL Delivery, but are Delivered by the Post Office.

Luckily I separated my order of 5 7938s (and ordered them on different times as well) as I've read on other forums that Amazon UK's shipping is luck of the draw (one guy's VC literally looked like it had drowned on a ship or something.. lol). I have another 3 coming and they are supposed to be coming via DHL. Hopefully the boxes are mint and I don't incur any fees as well.

TBH, 2 X 7938 and 2 X 7937 for $238 CAD all taxes/fees in is not that bad as well considering 7938 sells for 169.99 + 13% tax here by itself.. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

I have to bump this one for an update. I ordered a 7938, and a 7937 on the same day. The 7938 arrived weeks ago, and in close to mint condition. No sign of the 7937. Until today! Finally arrives - nearly ONE MONTH since I ordered it. Box looks like someone sat on it, but exterior and the set box itself. Sent a note of complaint to Amazon, I guess we'll see what they do. I don't want to bother with the hassle of returning it at this point, probably will take another month haha. Main upside is I did not pay any taxes or anything on arrival, so the prices were very good in the end.