TRU EOL alert mail

I just got an email from TRU in my inbox, I'm sure others have it as well. They are calling out soon to be retired sets. Not all of these show as retiring soon on S @ **** of course. The ones I found interesting on their link were Weathertop and Gandalf Arrives. I know they seem to be close to EOL, not sure if this creeps toward being more official. http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=legoretired&origkw=legoretired&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

I received the email as well. I agree with you, I'm also surprised at their initiative. Not something I was expecting from TRU.

So the question is, do they actually KNOW anything, or are they just doing that based on sets they are no longer going to order? Guessing it's based on the order form like emazers mentions.

They would know something. The sets there emazers has pointed out before (he pointed out the catwoman and captain america sets in a Super Hero thread). I imagine this is a trial and will see how it affects their sales. It isn't like they have high priced sets listed so its a bit selective.