IF I HAD A $500 GIFT CARD TO THE LEGO STORE I WOULD BUY..............

tigereyes5811

Those are some real nice pick ups Quacs. Don't sleep on that VW Van. Sleep in it but definitely not on it because it will do good in a couple years. TB is definitely a Winner!!! Thumbs Up!

Already have one assembled for the collection, and got one off eBay for investment, NISB, 2 months ago for $100. Looking for more, though. It's easily my favorite set of all time.

Its very interesting to hear everyone's thoughts, the best strategy in my mind would have to be to go for th sets that are closest to eol and also rarely discounted, simply because you are going to pay retail at lego, why not stretch thlse dollars to get sets that arent discounted elsewhere. Right now, the camper van, unimog, tower bridge, helms deep and ssd are all sets with small discounts that are likely to be retired soon on my radar. The unimog can be had with a decent discount at tru if you stack the right deals at he right time, so I may not purchase another. I would probably grab four more camper vans or 4 helms deeps. The ssd isa solid bet but for how small of an investor I am, it is just a lot ofmoney for a set that I wouldnt want to build if the market tanked.

Its very interesting to hear everyone's thoughts, the best strategy in my mind would have to be to go for th sets that are closest to eol and also rarely discounted, simply because you are going to pay retail at lego, why not stretch thlse dollars to get sets that arent discounted elsewhere.

Right now, the camper van, unimog, tower bridge, helms deep and ssd are all sets with small discounts that are likely to be retired soon on my radar. The unimog can be had with a decent discount at tru if you stack the right deals at he right time, so I may not purchase another. I would probably grab four more camper vans or 4 helms deeps.

The ssd isa solid bet but for how small of an investor I am, it is just a lot ofmoney for a set that I wouldnt want to build if the market tanked.

Well said Redeemed!!! I agree with the way you think.