The Lone Ranger 2013

IrishGuy66

I was very lukewarm to these when first announced, but after seeing the HD pictures, this will be a winner. I don't care if the movie is terrible, they will do well because Western does well. There is still a huge market for the old Wild West sets and these will piggyback off that well I think. The train is amazing and comes with a full oval of track! I think the Cavalry builder, Stagecoach, and train are the big winners of this theme due to them being magnificent. The mine is, well, a mine, and the town is nice, but doesn't knock me off my feet like some of the others. I can see these hanging around stores for a bit just because they are going to be from a Prince of Persia type popularity Disney film, but they will be winners when they disappear.

Did anyone see the cranked machine gun / gattling gun on the car of the train ? I wonder if we can actually crank that thing to rotate the barrels

I did see it. It would be cool if it could crank.

EDIT: The website that did the review has other Lone Ranger sets that will be reviewed in the next week so we might get confirmation on the crank soon.

Worst of the bunch if you ask me. A big Lego rock with probably the worst minifigure selection of the line. I'll get the indian to go with the rest I have, but other than that, this is the only "pass" for me on this line.

Funny, I think this is the best of the bunch... If I had to choose 1 set of them for display I would pick the Mine and sell the figures....

But then again i have limited space :D

I love the trains that actually run on a track, I could care less about the Ghost Train and such that aren't designed to do anything. Personally, I am thrilled that there is train being released, however, I really would love another fort like Legorado back in 1996.

I would love to see another Fort Legorado style set. I collected and built the Western sets when I was younger. It was probably my favorite theme growing up. I am happy with most of the Lone Ranger sets coming out, and I too am a fan of trains that run on a track. They are much more appealing than trains like the Ghost Train.

I just realized the Cavalry Builder set only comes with 1 horse, Silver (LR's horse). By definition, shouldn't cavalry pack come with at least ONE horse for the men ?

The Cavalry Builder set is a joke. Yes, you do get three soldiers with a cannon but the actual 'army building'ness of it all gets negated thanks in part to the Lone Ranger sticking his 'lone ass' where it don't belong! This set could be the hardest or trickiest to part out for a profit.

The Cavalry Builder set is a joke. Yes, you do get three soldiers with a cannon but the actual 'army building'ness of it all gets negated thanks in part to the Lone Ranger sticking his 'lone ass' where it don't belong! This set could be the hardest or trickiest to part out for a profit.

Yeah you would think it would come with at least 1 horse, heck it should come with 2 or more if you ask me! Out of all the new LR sets coming out, I find this set to be the most disappointing.