Bio vs. Hero  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Bionicle
    • Hero Factory
    • Both
    • Neither

• 1 month later...

"I think with the 'open end'ness of HERO FACTORY, that we can expect TONS of those guys for years!" So I am trying to add some HERO factory to my investment collection. What do you mean by open ended? Are they going to make the line forever or the same characters? Thanks in advance for your help...

• 2 weeks later...

Since I am writing the first article about Hero Factory, is it safe to say that no one, (including myself) likes it or takes it seriosly as an investment. I love the Bionicle theme have been very disapointed with what they tried to replace it with. Hero Factory has very inferior models, both structuraly and visually. The armor design and color scheme is awful, especialy this year. It just looks like they put a bunch of pieces together and don't care what it looks like. Finally, the best part about Bionicles was building your own custom models. They are challenging and fun to make, which I cannot say for Hero Factory. The quality of the pieces has also dropped dramaticaly, helmets scratch at the touch of a finger nail and connectors crack when you put them together. It goes without saying that the storyline is awful. It also doesn't seem like kids flock to Hero Factory like they did Bionicle. Does anyone else have opinions to share about this theme?

I agree that Hero Factory sets do not exactly compare to the old Bionicles sets. I have bought a couple of those sets myself, but I don't think that they are that much of a long term investment. I would rather put my money on other sets that at least look good like the Death Star or the B-Wing Starfighter. Though for Star Wars, they seem to be getting a bit desperate with the different sets (BARC Speeder with Sidecar <-Please people! Come up with a better name! Ain't it obvious it is a speeder with a sidecar?!), with the new Star Wars movies coming out in a couple years, they still have a little more time to shine!

Since I am writing the first article about Hero Factory, is it safe to say that no one, (including myself) likes it or takes it seriosly as an investment. I love the Bionicle theme have been very disapointed with what they tried to replace it with. Hero Factory has very inferior models, both structuraly and visually. The armor design and color scheme is awful, especialy this year. It just looks like they put a bunch of pieces together and don't care what it looks like. Finally, the best part about Bionicles was building your own custom models. They are challenging and fun to make, which I cannot say for Hero Factory. The quality of the pieces has also dropped dramaticaly, helmets scratch at the touch of a finger nail and connectors crack when you put them together. It goes without saying that the storyline is awful. It also doesn't seem like kids flock to Hero Factory like they did Bionicle. Does anyone else have opinions to share about this theme?

I think you better take a look at THIS

That's what I've heard. Something about the names being actual Japanize names.

Actually it was a lawsuit over a bunch of ticked off Polynesian Islanders. Tahu, Gali, Pohatu, Ounua, Takua, and all the other names are Polynesian! That isn't what ruined them though. What ruined Bionicle was kids growing up and not wanting to buy them anymore. Plus the younger aged kids didn't really care for Boinicle that well (what nose picking idiots!!) so Lego needed something new and fresh. But what they came up with was Hero factory!! Well there's a brief history of what happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Brick Pickers, Today I snagged a large comforter bag filled with LEGO Bionicles and I assume some Hero Factory pieces. 9lbs in total. I went home and sorted through them about 1-2 lb have been chewed on, nearly every softer plastic has teeth marks, this includes most of the cooler weapons and a variety of rare pieces and masks. This kid was hungry for plastic. Don't get me wrong I chewed legos as a kid too but not to this degree. I'll put a picture in this thread in a little while. I am happy with what I got though, just can't believe how hungry for plastic this kid was. Paid $5.25 for the whole bag and I also got a couple worthless sealed Mc Donald's LEGO toys, one is a large snowboarder mini fig and one is a robot from Galidor.

Hello Brick Pickers,

Today I snagged a large comforter bag filled with LEGO Bionicles and I assume some Hero Factory pieces.

9lbs in total.

I went home and sorted through them about 1-2 lb have been chewed on, nearly every softer plastic has teeth marks, this includes most of the cooler weapons and a variety of rare pieces and masks.

This kid was hungry for plastic. Don't get me wrong I chewed legos as a kid too but not to this degree. I'll put a picture in this thread in a little while.

I am happy with what I got though, just can't believe how hungry for plastic this kid was.

Paid $5.25 for the whole bag and I also got a couple worthless sealed Mc Donald's LEGO toys, one is a large snowboarder mini fig and one is a robot from Galidor.

Well, even though a portion of the pieces have chew-marks on them, I still think that it was well worth it. $5 for even 2 pounds of Bionicle/Hero Factory is an amazing price. To get 9 lbs in total, that is great for you!!!

Though the chewed ones are not in as good condition obviously, you can probably sell all of them for at least $20 since it sounds like these pieces are more valuable.

If I were you, I would try to separate the lot into individual sets for a much higher return.

;)

Finally decided to try and build a Hero Factory set. I chose the Hero Factory Breez 6227, mainly because I found it on clearance at Target for $3.88. I guess the pieces a unique, but most of them aren't really usable since they don't have the studs on them. It also had a little arm canon thing. It was pretty cute for a 7 year old to be playing with it, and probably nice for display. I still think that Bionicle was better though...